Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

FWIW....KC has no cap space (as most of you know)  

They could free up a chunk whenever they resign Chris Jones.  HOWEVER, he's waiting for Quenin Williams to be done so that he can be 2nd highest paid DT in NFL (Behind Aaron Donald)  Williams deal isn't getting done soon...and so KC isn't going to have cap space anytime soon IF they were interested.  

I do not think, for the price, KC will be in the market.  Hopkins would have to cost about 3-4 million for it to work in KC and he isn't going to be that cheap.  

Despite the insanity of Chiefs twitter today all about this.....he isn't going to be a Chief.  Maybe a Charger...but not a Chief....take that to the bank.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I absolutely do not get the Arizona Cardinals

They could’ve at least gotten a later round draft pick for him. They fart around get nothing and then they release him and get nothing.

They’re an absolute poverty franchise that’s relied on old has-beens ever since Kurt Warner. They’re the NFLs retirement home. 

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

The drop off from Diggs to our next best target is huge. Teams can target Diggs without too much concern of the supporting cast. The addition of Hopkins will also make Diggs even more dangerous. 

While I definitely agree with you, I believe the person who will benefit most from DHop is Davis. It puts him back at #3 where he is the most dangerous.

Case in point, the KC playoff game.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

And it's a dirty, little whiny tricycle at that.

But, in the tricycles defense, it had two riders last year who only had rode unicycles before. So, they knew nothing about tricycles whatsoever. The new Rider is a seasoned tricycle rider. They know exactly how to manage a tricycle in the way you would expect…..by cheating 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Then Cardinals are overtaking the Texans as the worst run NFL franchise followed closely by the Browns and the Jests   and no we cant afford it unless he wants to come ridiculously cheap..

The Jets have been run incredibly well the last two years.

I don't love the Rodgers move, but I think that was an ownership decision. Their other moves have been fantastic.

1 hour ago, taglientep said:

Restructure Dion Dawkins - $6.93M Restructure Tre White - $5.88M Extend DaQuan Jones- $4.46M Extend Micah Hyde - $4.58M Extend Taron Johnson - $4.06M

Per 

Greg Cover 1 

Makes sense. Cmon Beane!!!!

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

FWIW....KC has no cap space (as most of you know)  

They could free up a chunk whenever they resign Chris Jones.  HOWEVER, he's waiting for Quenin Williams to be done so that he can be 2nd highest paid DT in NFL (Behind Aaron Donald)  Williams deal isn't getting done soon...and so KC isn't going to have cap space anytime soon IF they were interested.  

I do not think, for the price, KC will be in the market.  Hopkins would have to cost about 3-4 million for it to work in KC and he isn't going to be that cheap.  

Despite the insanity of Chiefs twitter today all about this.....he isn't going to be a Chief.  Maybe a Charger...but not a Chief....take that to the bank.

Thanks Zero.  You’re a good Chiefs fan who is decent when getting on a Bills board.  I thought similarly, but nice to hear from a Chiefs loyalist.

im hopeful and even though how they could do it with a significant signing bonus but spread over three years with a minimal salary.  It is doable for us.

Its a tough road defending us with Diggs, Hop, Davis as he’s meant to be a #3, Kincaid and when needed Knox, or Cook or Harris.

Wed finally be on the Bengals level with their skill players.

🤞

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.