Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was Albert Breer.

There's nothing over the top in that article at all, actually.

lol, sure.

Not great.  Played only 19 games the past 2 years--total of under 1300 yards. That's not all against double coverage..

Don't believe me @Mr. WEO, go check his combine results. I believe he ran a 4.65 40. He was NEVER considered a deep threat

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I wonder if the Oliver extension does anything on the Hopkins front?

Could literally create the money to sign Hopkins or edge. We’ll see. Timing is interesting. Also signing Oliver and not Davis is interesting.

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

albert breer wrote the article and cited a team executive saying hopkins can not run anymore.....that is being dramatic.  He can still play.

Albert Breer is tight with Beane. 😳

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Could literally create the money to sign Hopkins or edge. We’ll see. Timing is interesting. Also signing Oliver and not Davis is interesting.

Albert Breer is tight with Beane. 😳

Ha.  Good I dont think its a good move for hopkins and if they are going to sign him or make a run it cant hurt to make him sound worse than he is in the media.

44 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Diggs hates losing. Dude doesnt care about the ball if were winning, winning is fun.

Also, Ive never seen Hopkins b-word about targets. Maybe I missed it, but the % we throw the ball, there are ZERO ZERO ZERO issues with having two #1 WR's

All the Hopkins bad mouthing sounds like people who think we have no chance and are pre justifying it.

"Dude have you seen Megan Fox's thumbs.... I could never! Gross"

Yes I know.  All star wr's hate losing and justify it by yelling at their quarterbacks on the sideline.  

I am not bad mouthing hopkins.  I don't think its a good fit and WR are never the missing piece.  Hopkins brings the thing the bills do not have at the position, size and the ability to make those contorted contested catches.  I just think its a bad move for buffalo.   

I do however think if he did sign here and there were some tough losses the media is going to run to diggs and hopkins and ask them the reason why and there is no doubt in my mind the qb is going to be the reason...it always is with these star wr.  

I think this is all a moot point anyway, the guy is not going to take a team friendly deal and someone will pay him because he is a good player and buffalo already has a number 1 wr.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

For the salary he had and his age, sure they do… he’s been a FA for all of what? 3 days? Come on. 

Again, top WR’s don’t. They don’t get released.

It’s a major red flag. I personally think he’s still good but the league is speaking loudly.

He should still sign a WR2 contract. But if we’re thought of as a number 1 he’d be on a team now and wouldn’t have been released.

Diggs is WR1 almost 30. Would you release him next year because of age and contract? 

The more I think about it, the more I realize that we need to make this move if we're serious about winning the SB this year. Right now if Diggs goes down, our WR corps is as weak as any in the NFL. Even if Diggs is healthy, defenses will gang up on him to take him out. With Hopkins, they can't overcommit to either of our outside WR's and we have no one behind Diggs that defenses really need to worry about. Our TE's are good, but they won't be forcing the Safeties to play back. I know DHop isn't fast either, but he never was and look how successful he's been.

I was undecided at first, but as soon as I asked myself 'What if Diggs has to sit out a few games and can only get back to 90% this year?' I realized that we really need DHop. We'd still be a good team without him, but a SB would be out of the question.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

No, but the Bills aren’t in rebuild mode like Arizona. 

Age, the state of the cardinals franchise, and that massive contract were why he was released. 

What I’m saying is you wouldn’t release him in either scenario. You would trade Diggs next year if we were rebuilding.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s funny…400 pages between the two threads and the same people are still arguing the same info on both sides.  Lol

Hopkins discussion has to hold the record for dead horse beatings at this point lol

Probably not even close. Ertz thread was massive.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Again, top WR’s don’t. They don’t get released.

It’s a major red flag. I personally think he’s still good but the league is speaking loudly.

He should still sign a WR2 contract. But if we’re thought of as a number 1 he’d be on a team now and wouldn’t have been released.

Diggs is WR1 almost 30. Would you release him next year because of age and contract? 

AZ is tanking. He didn’t exactly want to be there for it. Releasing him saves on their cap for next season. 

Massive difference with Diggs. We are top team. The Cardinals are awful 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ok, so you’re saying Diggs wouldn’t have a trade market next year?

Hopkins had interest from 2 top teams via trade. It was confirmed that KC and BUF both spoke directly to Hopkins.

Deal didn’t happen because either Hopkins refused to restructure into a deal that either team liked / AZ wouldn’t eat actual cash in a deal / they asked for too much draft compensation

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s funny…400 pages between the two threads and the same people are still arguing the same info on both sides.  Lol

Hopkins discussion has to hold the record for dead horse beatings at this point lol

<Tremaine Edmunds has entered the chat>

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Don't believe me @Mr. WEO, go check his combine results. I believe he ran a 4.65 40. He was NEVER considered a deep threat

lol come on.  

Ok, let's "run" with that.  That makes him faster than another "NEVER a deep threat", Jerry Rice, and as "slow" as Larry Fitzgerald--another guy who could NEVER go deep.

Compare them to such legendary 40 yard kings and, therefore, "deep threats" Rondel Menendez, John Ross, Marquis Goodwin, JJ Nelson and Tyquan Thornton.

Being a deep threat in the NFL isn't just a function of straight line speed...

Even so, D Hop has lost a step, per multiple guys who fill rosters and all passed on even discussing a trade for him.

11 hours ago, Simon said:

Do you know what he was yelling?

I d0 n0t.  C0uld be he was mad ab0ut s0mething else.

Dez Bryant used t0 get accused 0f this stuff and then nfl films w0uld sh0w the clip and he w0uld be talking ab0ut s0mething c0mpletely different.

it didn't change the percepti0n and I bet y0u th0ught bryant was a malc0ntent just like every0ne else did.

als0 my 0 is br0ke all 0f a sudden 0n my backb00k s0 yes th0se are zer0s.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.