Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/05/30/inside-deandre-hopkins-release-options-bills-chiefs

Some team execs quoted:

"not much left".  "he can't run anymore".

"he's not going to separate, not much of a deep threat"

“Does not love to practice—I can’t imagine that’ll get any better. And when things don’t go well, you’re always gonna be leery, All right, what kind of drama are we gonna get from this guy? When things are great, he’s great. When things go south, his true colors show a little bit."

No teams but Bills and Chiefs gave him a whiff...

I think this is smoke.  He performed great when he came back.  And I would challenge any of those execs to have their team single cover DHop and see how it goes for them 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

the source is being over the top...

its probably that loser michael lombardi.

It was Albert Breer.

There's nothing over the top in that article at all, actually.

39 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He NEVER was a DEEP THREAT. Can he catch the ball? I think he can be a better version of Beasley for Josh. A reliable safety valve 

lol, sure.

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think this is smoke.  He performed great when he came back.  And I would challenge any of those execs to have their team single cover DHop and see how it goes for them 

Not great.  Played only 19 games the past 2 years--total of under 1300 yards. That's not all against double coverage..

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was Albert Breer.

lol, sure.

Not great.  Played only 19 games the past 2 years--total of under 1300 yards. That's not all against double coverage..

albert breer wrote the article and cited a team executive saying hopkins can not run anymore.....that is being dramatic.  He can still play.

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

albert breer wrote the article and cited a team executive saying hopkins can not run anymore.....that is being dramatic.  He can still play.

if Breer quotes 3 different team executives’ opinions of Hopkins current abilities…he’s being dramatic?

that makes no sense at all.  He’s quoting football executives—one of which also had positive things to say.

Save yourself, go read the article. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

if Breer quotes 3 different team executives’ opinions of Hopkins current abilities…he’s being dramatic?

that makes no sense at all.  He’s quoting football executives—one of which also had positive things to say.

Save yourself, go read the article. 

I am not sure what you are misunderstanding here.

I am saying the source...the team executive is being dramatic.  I think that was pretty clear.  Breer wrote the article quoting a source, a team executive Who I said is being dramatic....not breer...the source.

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I am saying the source...the team executive is being dramatic.  I think that was pretty clear.  Breer wrote the article quoting a source, a team executive Who I said is being dramatic....not breer...the source.

it’s probably an executive hoping to drive his market down by saying that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I wonder if the Oliver extension does anything on the Hopkins front?

Oliver resigning could create more cap space than any other single move Buffalo could make.  I think him signing would be paired with a restructure to Dawkins as well.

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I wonder if the Oliver extension does anything on the Hopkins front?

Let us see if Oliver's extension has freed up money right now. Not saying that the money should be spent on Hopkins but I have dreams of a speedy WR, capable of being our # 2, being strangely available for a trade. If that dream were to come true, the Bills would clearly become one of the top 2 favorites to win it all.  

23 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

point to the drama 

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it’s probably an executive hoping to drive his market down by saying that

the point of the article is that there has been no market for Hopkins….

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was Albert Breer.

lol, sure.

Please don’t check my math, but I think that’s about 1100 yards over 17 games.   I’ll take that next to Diggs in a heartbeat.  It’ll definitely command attention from the defense.  

Could it be a swing and a miss, sure.  But it’s a swing I think we need to take 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

point to the drama 

the point of the article is that there has been no market for Hopkins….

omg man.

for the umpteenth time, saying hopkins cant run anymore is a bit dramatic.  

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Oliver resigning could create more cap space than any other single move Buffalo could make.  I think him signing would be paired with a restructure to Dawkins as well.

Or....

It could be a move that does absolutely nothing to his current contract and simply adds on to it.

I remember an extension in the past (maybe it was Tre?) where everyone assumed we were going to get cap space and come to find out they just added years and kept the current year the same.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Or....

It could be a move that does absolutely nothing to his current contract and simply adds on to it.

I remember an extension in the past (maybe it was Tre?) where everyone assumed we were going to get cap space and come to find out they just added years and kept the current year the same.

considering we had 1-2 mil in space, I’d imagine they wanted 5-6 mil opened up from Ed’s extension (even if it’s not for a specific UFA) gives them some flexibility

Edited by Warriorspikes51

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Please don’t check my math, but I think that’s about 1100 yards over 17 games.   I’ll take that next to Diggs in a heartbeat.  It’ll definitely command attention from the defense.  

Could it be a swing and a miss, sure.  But it’s a swing I think we need to take 

posters live to extrapolate stars that don’t exist.  It’s not a meaningful exercise.  The numbers he put up were not “great”.

the guy can’t play close to a full season since 3 years ago

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

omg man.

for the umpteenth time, saying hopkins cant run anymore is a bit dramatic.  

NFL executives disagree with your professional opinion.

tell them that are wrong minded drama queens 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

considering we had 1-2 mil in space, I’d imagine they wanted 5-6 mil opened up from Ed’s extension (even if it’s not for a specific UFA) gives them some flexibility

I wouldn't just assume that to be the case though until it's reported.

Like I said, I remember making an extension (might have been Tre) when we were in a similar situation, expecting cap relief, and it was just an extension in every sense of the word.

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

posters live to extrapolate stars that don’t exist.  It’s not a meaningful exercise.  The numbers he put up were not “great”.

the guy can’t play close to a full season since 3 years ago

NFL executives disagree with your professional opinion.

tell them that are wrong minded drama queens 

Putting up those numbers w colt McCoy is better than great lol

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I saw this earlier today and I think its a bit dramatic.  I do agree on parts of it and I still do not think he is not the missing piece by any stretch in Buffalo.  

The last thing Allen needs is two ego maniac wr yelling at him in the huddle and on the sideline when they are behind or are struggling. 

WR never put teams over the top.

Diggs hates losing. Dude doesnt care about the ball if were winning, winning is fun.

Also, Ive never seen Hopkins b-word about targets. Maybe I missed it, but the % we throw the ball, there are ZERO ZERO ZERO issues with having two #1 WR's

All the Hopkins bad mouthing sounds like people who think we have no chance and are pre justifying it.

"Dude have you seen Megan Fox's thumbs.... I could never! Gross"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.