Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

5 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

I just see you making a lot of optimistic assumptions here, we'll all see how it plays out but if it's a disappointing finish and we didnt' do everything possible to get this guy in our building you know there will be hell to pay

lol shaq spent 10 million in 3 months... that is impressive!

Insane, but impressive.

By using your own analysis, you could say that even if we got DeAndre Hopkins, we’re just being optimistic that it would make us better

Let’s keep in mind that the last time we had a full season, he was on performance-enhancing drugs

I personally still think that he’s good, but if we went by your line of thinking, he would need to prove it first before we can even think that we would be a better

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

By using your own analysis, you could say that even if we got DeAndre Hopkins, we’re just being optimistic that it would make us better

Let’s keep in mind that the last time we had a full season, he was on performance-enhancing drugs

I personally still think that he’s good, but if we went by your line of thinking, he would need to prove it first before we can even think that we would be a better

I'll just leave this here:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

I'll just leave this here:

And probably why he’s going to price himself out of our range

You can’t blame bills management if they don’t have the money to give him what he wants if it’s too high We have our own salary cap issues to deal with.

If he was ring chasing, it might be more of a possibility

13 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Where is that high school WR coach who because of the position he coached obviously had ties to and knowledge of the inner workings of NFL GM circles? 😂

More like Pop Warner in many cases

13 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

OBJ did the same "tour" iirc. Seems like Hopkins isn't getting the offers he may have expected. 

The more this unravels the more I think BB is playing this very responsibly. Still might land him, but the "market" is still shifting.

Think teams like Bills and Chiefs have made offers, but he want's more and shopping around to try and get it from one of his "dream teams" that he'd like to go to.  Either his demands will come down to where what teams like the Bills are offering and he'll sign.  Or some team will come out of no where that isn't that good, but will offer him a boat load of money in hopes that it will increase odds of other high level players following him next off season.

No idea if Cleveland has the cap space, but if so wouldn't shock me to see him go there.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes you can… I think @BADOLBILZhas pointed out numerous times how Beanes awful first year of FA is hurting their ability with cap space now…. And the Bills clearly prefer shelving out a good chunk of cap to ST’s/depth over elite starters. 

Hell, if they let players like Poyer/Neal/Hines maybe they have enough to get a deal done with Hopkins. 

That’s not a credible source, badobillz thinks everything is awful all the time 😜

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I was antsy about this signing thinking that if it were to be Buffalo he would make that decision quickly after he was dropped by AZ

The longer this lags the less I think he will sign here. I could be wrong but my spidey senses say No

Im taking my 🍿 to the movies and out of this thread.

D Hopkins can sign here or not but as of now i give up UNCLE. I'm NOT a patient person.  I dont like being frustrated with something I have zero control over

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes you can… I think @BADOLBILZhas pointed out numerous times how Beanes awful first year of FA is hurting their ability with cap space now…. And the Bills clearly prefer shelving out a good chunk of cap to ST’s/depth over elite starters. 

Hell, if they let players like Poyer/Neal/Hines maybe they have enough to get a deal done with Hopkins. 

All of our high priced positions are on veteran contracts. QB1, WR1, Edge1, CB1, LT1.

I doubt we can say that for most of the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, muppy said:

I was antsy about this signing thinking that if it were to be Buffalo he would make that decision quickly after he was dropped by AZ

The longer this lags the less I think he will sign here. I could be wrong but my spidey senses say No

D Hopkins can sign here or not but as of now i give up UNCLE. I'm NOT a patient person.  I dont like being frustrated with something I have zero control over

I’m over the situation as well.  If he wants to be here and be a big slot, that’s great. If not, at this point that’s fine, too.  I want people who are hungry and who are enthused about their place here.  Volunteers and not hostages, as Mike Tomlin would say.  So if this guy is diddling or doesn’t want to be here for whatever reason, good for him and let’s move on. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

I think the only way Hopkins signs with Buffalo is if he doesn’t get the kind money of he wants - so the longer he wait the better it might be.  If the contract offers are fairly comparable across the board, I think he’s going to prioritize team/QB and that’s where Buffalo might have an advantage alongside KC and Baltimore.  

All those teams seem content to wait it out as they don’t want to give him an OBJ contract 

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s not a credible source, badobillz thinks everything is awful all the time.  

A source?  Don't be an idiot. :lol:

That implies it's not public knowledge.

Beane spent upwards of $100M in UFA that year and got Star Lotulelei, Trent Murphy, Vontae Davis, AJ McCarron, Chris Ivory,  Russell Bodine and Marshall Newhouse.    Star was ultimately paid $40M+ to play 3 seasons.   Murphy got ALL of his money.    

If it makes you feel better to dismiss my takes out of hand that's your prerogative as a message board reader.   As the owner of TBD could tell you.........NOBODY has been more right when assessing the Bills personnel and coaches since this site began in 1998.   And I'm far from only negative.   I have plenty of players or coaches that I defend on TSW against criticism that is wrong.    Incorrect criticisms of Beane as well.

So ignore me telling you that Isaiah McKenzie is too dumb and clumsy to be your starting slot WR and then you can be that guy posting after he's gone asking "what went wrong?".  :lol:

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beane spent upwards of $100M in UFA that year and got Star Lotulelei, Trent Murphy, Vontae Davis, AJ McCarron, Chris Ivory,  Russell Bodine and Marshall Newhouse.    Star was ultimately paid $40M+ to play 3 seasons.   Murphy got ALL of his money.    

If it makes you feel better to dismiss my takes out of hand that's your prerogative as a message board reader.   As the owner of TBD could tell you.........NOBODY has been more right when assessing the Bills personnel and coaches since this site began in 1998.   And I'm far from only negative.   I have plenty of players or coaches that I defend on TSW against criticism that is wrong.    Incorrect criticisms of Beane as well.

So ignore me telling you that Isaiah McKenzie is too dumb and clumsy to be your starting slot WR and then you can be that guy posting after he's gone asking "what went wrong?".  :lol:

Huh?  I don’t think there was anymore more vocal than me all off season last year about McKenzie not being a good slot WR and not a starter in the NFL.  Read my post on it in the McKenzie thread I posted like an hour ago.

And I was poking fun which is why I tagged you in my post about you being negative all the time, I think you took that too literally and less tongue in cheek as it was intended.  

But you are hyper negative plenty of times, but again, it was more tongue in cheek than anything.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

none of those dollars are on the cap now

so

moot

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.