Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Do you really believe what you just typed out? 

Hopefully Kincaid proves to be an elite level talent. That will help Diggs and open things up for other players like Davis. It looks like Hopkins is going for the cash.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

You seem to be one of the few arguing that Gabe a solid #2 receiver… when his 3 years of play suggest otherwise.

I've never said Gabe is a "solid #2".  Instead, I've said:

1. Gabe is a non traditional #2 / serves his purpose in our offense

2. we don't need a true #2.  We have a complimentary group of weapons now, to build around Josh/Diggs

3. Diggs should continue to get 160-170 targets per year; then remaining 300+ to Gabe, Kincaid, Shakir, Knox, Harty, Sherfield, and Rbs

4. Dhop will be too expensive, said this over a month ago.  

5. At this point, adding Dhop renders Gabe or some combination of Kincaid/Knox less valuable/far less snaps in our offense.  Which i don't think Beane desires, again at the cost of Dhop...key point being the cost

6. Cap implications: we have to get creative/leverage future capital to likely get Dhop....And even though it's possible, Beane has been less inclined to do this during his tenure.  It likely disrupts 1-2 years of offseason signings/ability to resign our own and almost guarantees Ed and Gabe hit the open market.

All of above is opinion, disagree if you will.  But it's not based on me thinking Gabe gives us a solid #2 this year.  I think there's a chance still he becomes that, but I'd expect we try to spread the ball around (ie: KC offense LY), and let each week's opponents allow us to dictate which matchups favor us more.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I get the tired of the rumor mill angle, but washed up????? Lol you can tell 75% of this board watches one game a week and goes back to watching The Bachelor or Tenticle erotica

Who says we don't have 3 TVs in our living rooms???

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Beane can and should figure this out. Would be an amazing WR group for at least this year. Teams will eventually and inevitably take Diggs away come playoffs and this would give us another legit established threat when that happens. Get Josh every weapon you can leaving no stone unturned. He wants to play here, and there’s no trade compensation or previous deal holding this up. Yes, I get he has to agree to any deal, but get creative. Tired of being one season away. 

Pretty sure that’s why we drafted Kincaid

Just now, BananaB said:

With the two WRs  Bills brought in for workouts this week Beane is blindfolded throwing darts hoping to hit the bullseye.  Brutal, all these guys and still only one proven player. 

What the ***** are you even talking about?

We had the number three office in the league last year let’s not act like they weren’t good

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Pretty sure that’s why we drafted Kincaid

What the ***** are you even talking about?

We had the number three office in the league last year let’s not act like they weren’t good

Talking about all he unproven guys we got at WR heading into the season. Just like last year but now we have more of them. 

The good news is We can always count on Beasley and Smoke to be available come playoff time if needed! 🙄

I am putting my hope in that Kincaid becomes our best number 2 threat. I got to put some faith in Dorsey to find a way to get this kid the ball. I think he can be dynamic..take some burden off Gabe. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The good news is We can always count on Beasley and Smoke to be available come playoff time if needed! 🙄

I am putting my hope in that Kincaid becomes our best number 2 threat. I got to put some faith in Dorsey to find a way to get this kid the ball. I think he can be dynamic..take some burden off Gabe. 

but also it is true that rookie TE's never really 'smash'. I saw an article highlighting kittles first year, which was 'good' I guess but only 500 yrds receiving..

Not sure what some fans expecting from these guys=p

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone else remember when Booger McFarland said on national TV that Kelvin Benjamin was one Popeye's biscuit short of being a tight end? And then Kelvin Benjamin actually BECAME a tight end on his next team?!

That doesn't have anything to do with this topic, I just enjoyed remembering it and thought you might, too.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We have pretty much the same group as last year with the number three offense in the league

And we’ve added to it

So late in the season they don’t gotta look desperate and call up Smoke and Beas…. Smart plan

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

but also it is true that rookie TE's never really 'smash'. I saw an article highlighting kittles first year, which was 'good' I guess but only 500 yrds receiving..

Not sure what some fans expecting from these guys=p

I think people need to understand that the bills are going to spread the ball around the idea of being that Kincaid will get enough work that it will open things up for the other receivers. He doesn’t need to have 1000 yards season in order to do that.

That said, Kincaid was not drafted to be a good tight end. He was drafted to be a difference maker. You only take a tight end that high if he’s got that kind of potential.

• Like (+1) 1

Lot of fans showing telltale signs of being in Denial.

It's not just "Timmy Graham" saying this. I's also ESPN reporters and simple common sense. If he's taking on an agent, going on a tour of the country, and taking his time - this is completely about the money.

And if Hopkins was interested in that contract and Beane was interested in giving it out, we would have traded for him. And if both of those restructures were something Beane definitively wanted to have done, he probably would have done them earlier in the Offseason. Or at least by now. 

I get people wanting him here. I want him here too. But when you have to say "if we do these restructures, if Beane is willing to do a deal that is uncharacteristic of him, if Hopkins is willing to accept a backloaded deal with dead years, if Hopkins is willing to accept less to come here - he could still be a Bill" - you should realize that while that's a possibility, it's a very slim one.

If this had happened earlier in the Offseason, before the Draft where we made moves on weapons because we moved on from Hopkins and had some more money - it would be more likely. Now, while it is technically possible, it's just not very likely.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.