Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

If that happens here, Idk why we're even talking about him.  Other teams have the ability to offer more and most likely will.

He still has not gotten the offer he wants which means we still have a chance. If some team like Houston offers him $40 million for two years, so be it. But that has not been the case. I believe we CAN give him the best offer if Beane is willing to make the necessary moves.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

We know Beane and McDermott don't. They are both experts at giving a detailed answer to a question but in reality, they really don't say anything.

It’s an art form, HCs, GMs and politicians…, 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

WGR reporting we are OUT on DHop.

BUT……whatever will become of our thread?

We haven’t even hit 100 pages yet! Ahh, we’ll get their easy talking trash about him and explaining why we never wanted him anyway! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This doesn't really illuminate anything. It ignores that the Bills could trivially make the cap space needed for the OBJ deal as mentioned many times. It would be one thing if the sources addressed this but it seems they just see our 2 mil in space and say "that's not 15"??

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, arcane said:

This doesn't really illuminate anything. It ignores that the Bills could trivially make the cap space needed for the OBJ deal as mentioned many times. It would be one thing if the sources addressed this but it seems they just see our 2 mil in space and say "that's not 15"??

Bills brass might have just said hey we need to look to the future and not get this shiny toy for the record. I think Hopkins still has some gas left. I don’t think he’s washed up.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

BUT……whatever will become of our thread?

We haven’t even hit 100 pages yet! Ahh, we’ll get their easy talking trash about him and explaining why we never wanted him anyway! 

Unlock the original Dhop thread and merge this one. Then shoot for record breaking number of pages in a thread

20 minutes ago, DJB said:

It seems clear Hopkins wants $$$$ before anything else 

I don’t understand these guys who have already made 50 million want more than a Championship 

You underestimate the poor investment choices these players make. 

$50m can go fast. All it takes is one stock market drop when you have little to no diversification. 

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Every single player goes for the most money every single time. We didn't sign Von Miller just out of the goodness of his heart.

I don't know, I wish Beane would just find a way to close the deal. Play hardball as long as possible, I'm fine with that obviously, but ultimately we need someone to upgrade Davis as WR2 and insure us in case Diggs or Davis get injured. I worry that at the end of the year we'll look back and see that one game we lost that would have earned us the #1 seed and there will be a critical Davis drop in that game. That's been the exact outcome in each of the past two seasons.

Weird vendetta against Gabe.

We lost to Cincy as a higher seed at home.  Yes, the 1 seed is important but you know what is more important...

Keeping our blue chip talent healthy. Its luck/fortune, but we can't lose a Tre White, Micah Hyde, Von Miller, etc...or multiple of these guys.

If we were 1 seed LY, we weren't getting past KC or Cincy (proven) with our secondary injuries (compiled by DL injuries).

Gabe wasn't the cause of that...

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Unlock the original Dhop thread and merge this one. Then shoot for record breaking number of pages in a thread

I would hate to be the person who broke the internet!  😱

I'm sure Timmy Graham couldn't wait to open his mouth about this topic

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

WGR reporting we are OUT on DHop.

You mean the same radio station that said he was traded to the Titans during their update weeks ago.....and then never apologized for it 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

18 minutes ago, arcane said:

Bingo. This is just TIMMAH Graham 

pretending we can't simply restructure Tre or Dion and then add void years to any contract to spread the hit 

The article does claim they confirmed Beane spoke directly to Hopkins

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He still has not gotten the offer he wants which means we still have a chance. If some team like Houston offers him $40 million for two years, so be it. But that has not been the case. I believe we CAN give him the best offer if Beane is willing to make the necessary moves.

The article from Graham has league executives acting like Buffalo is helpless.  It takes 1 restructure to free up 6 mil in space. 

(which reportedly we have looked into with Tre White)

Make it a 2 year deal worth 12 mil per and incentives on top of that, add a few void years....and his hit in 2023 can be less than 6 million 

Beane can and should figure this out. Would be an amazing WR group for at least this year. Teams will eventually and inevitably take Diggs away come playoffs and this would give us another legit established threat when that happens. Get Josh every weapon you can leaving no stone unturned. He wants to play here, and there’s no trade compensation or previous deal holding this up. Yes, I get he has to agree to any deal, but get creative. Tired of being one season away. 

• Agree 2

Yeah.  I'm not thinking this is going to happen...

Before the draft, DeAndre Hopkins gave everyone the impression he wanted to play on a contender with an elite QB.

That put us among a handful of NFL teams who could legitimately be competing for his services.

But now that he's a free agent, reports are circulating that Hopkins spent this week visiting with the Texans.

Yes, the same Texans who once traded him away for peanuts, have a rookie QB and were probably the NFL's worst team last year.

Sorry folks.  The guy is looking for $$$ above everything else.  He isn't going to sign a value deal just for a chance to win a ring, which is clearly going to take us out of the running.  Good news is that he probably won't be signing with Kansas City or Baltimore either.

Edited by mjt328
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.