Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I buy that just as much, maybe even less, than they have Hopkins info. 

Just a bunch of homers that are hoping Josh gets that cover, see it as a realistic chance, and want to "break" a story like all social media "insiders".

Ho.estly, Justin Jefferson may be the guy this year. Or Hurts. 

47 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

My 2 cents - this will likely drag on. I think DHop has an unrealistic view of his market, if someone had offered him what he wanted I think he would have signed by now. He's just trying to find a way to convert "interest at the right price" into a bigger payday.

In all practicality, he has been a free agent for over a week. He was given permission to speak to teams.

If all DHOP cared about was winning, he'd ALEADY be a Chief or Bill.  

DHOP is about money.  Always has been.

He wanted to be the highest paid player when he was in Houston...and Houston at the time was a real up and coming team at that ponit with PRE trouble Watson....they were leading KC 24-0 in a playoff game that if they had won, they would have hosted the AFC title game to following week....he asked out of there at their PEAK so he could be paid.  

DHOP isn't taking less than OBJ APY....

He'll be a Carolina Panther MUCH LATER on...because something else Dhop doesn't like or do is practice...and he aint going to be a major part of an NFL training camp anytime soon either.

Panthers have the cash, the cap and the need.  Hopkins wants the money.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

If DH goes to the Pats he’s either an idiot or a genius 😉

I think my dark horse candidate is Miami. Their post June cuts give them $16mm at the least I have seen. And they're win now mode I can see them crazy and smart enough to do this.

They'd be top 3 in the AFC as soon as they did this; they're top 8 right now.

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

He wanted to be the highest paid player when he was in Houston...and Houston at the time was a real up and coming team at that ponit with PRE trouble Watson....they were leading KC 24-0 in a playoff game that if they had won, they would have hosted the AFC title game to following week....he asked out of there at their PEAK so he could be paid.  

He'll be a Carolina Panther MUCH LATER on...because something else Dhop doesn't like or do is practice...and he aint going to be a major part of an NFL training camp anytime soon either.

2nd guess... this was my thought. A hungry Panther fanbase would eat this crap up.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

I think my dark horse candidate is Miami. Their post June cuts give them $16mm at the least I have seen. And they're win now mode I can see them crazy and smart enough to do this.

They'd be top 3 in the AFC as soon as they did this; they're top 8 right now.

2nd guess... this was my thought. A hungry Panther fanbase would eat this crap up.

Miami is good if he wants a 1 year deal.  

Their cap situation after this year is brutal.. and without the influx of draft picks to lean on. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

That’s a convincing argument.

29 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

This is true. He was unhappy in Arizona because he wanted a new deal that paid him up front. Reportedly, he wasn't interested in renegotiations with teams that wanted to trade for him (surely us included) that wanted to backload deals and get creative to make it happen.

He hired an agent to create a market and get him the most money. Surely if money wasn't a factor, he'd be a Bill. But regardless of what he's said about Josh and the organization, that's secondary to who is going to give him the most money.

And honestly, it should be. It's easy for us to say money shouldn't come first. But any employee in any field of work is always going to go for who is offering them the most first.

43 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Speculation is his concern at this time is getting into the HOF. Which may or may not be believable, but given the way he gushed over BB's affirmation in Hard Knocks, I think he has some desire to make an impression beyond financials. If his goal truly is to get into the HOF he might not need a Super Bowl ring to do it, but it would surely help. I also think he would relish a chance to play against BB twice a year.

I don't think it's ALL about the money. But some of it is. I really don't think either Buffalo or KC is presenting a deal that is very lucrative. Likely incentive laden. I don't think he likes that. Perhaps still shopping it against others. He has no reason to rush.  

Edited by Mikie2times

2 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

There are now 365 combined pages if you count both Deandre Hopkins topics. 

We’re not done! We are like the Jerry Lewis Memorial Day Telethon! We shall carry on! 

I would say from the KC end....

It's kind of a myth that "recievers want to come play for Mahomes"  If the goal is to make money and get stats...KC is NOT where you want to be probably...at least until Kelce runs out of gas/retires.

KC / Mahomes spreads it out pretty well among the WR's.  It's not like if Dhop came to KC, that he'd get some big target share.  He'd certainly be utilized but not like a true no.1 or even no.2.

I'd even add......While Dhop can still get open just fine....he's a very good contested catch reciever, and a substantial part of his target volume comes from the QB throwing at him when he's covered.

Mahomes and KC DO NOT operate that way.  They try to scheme dudes open, or rely on them to get open and throw a non contested throw as often as possible.  You could safely assume that on a number of teams, Hopkins will be targetted at a good pace while covered whereas in KC, you can reasonably assume that if covered Mahomes doesn't throw it there, and moves on to another more open target.  In this way...Hopkins numbers would not look all that good in KC and any incentives based on individual stats will be tougher to reach in KC.  His agents will know this.  It's another reason why Carolina makes sense....especially to meet incenitves,  Dhop would be the no.1 there.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

Yep. 

Im trying to figure out which low state income tax team is most likely.  

Ruled out:

Houston

Arizona

Good chance:

Vegas 

Falcons 

I’ll add Panthers here.  

Great Chance:

Cowboys - forgot them.  Still looking for a  WR 2.  

Jacksonville

I think it’s the Jags.  

Ridley 

Hopkins 

Kirk 

Zay 

Engram 

Bonus - they’re a guaranteed division winner already without him.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

I would say from the KC end....

It's kind of a myth that "recievers want to come play for Mahomes"  If the goal is to make money and get stats...KC is NOT where you want to be probably...at least until Kelce runs out of gas/retires.

KC / Mahomes spreads it out pretty well among the WR's.  It's not like if Dhop came to KC, that he'd get some big target share.  He'd certainly be utilized but not like a true no.1 or even no.2.

I'd even add......While Dhop can still get open just fine....he's a very good contested catch reciever, and a substantial part of his target volume comes from the QB throwing at him when he's covered.

Mahomes and KC DO NOT operate that way.  They try to scheme dudes open, or rely on them to get open and throw a non contested throw as often as possible.  You could safely assume that on a number of teams, Hopkins will be targetted at a good pace while covered whereas in KC, you can reasonably assume that if covered Mahomes doesn't throw it there, and moves on to another more open target.  In this way...Hopkins numbers would not look all that good in KC and any incentives based on individual stats will be tougher to reach in KC.  His agents will know this.  It's another reason why Carolina makes sense....especially to meet incenitves,  Dhop would be the no.1 there.

I agree with all of what you said regarding the Chiefs offensive plans, but the fact remains KC was (is?) after him, if you choose to believe all the rumors.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.