Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

20 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If DH goes to the Pats he’s either an idiot or a genius 😉

There is no way he ends up back with Bill O’Brian after what happened in Houston. I think the Patriots are out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If DH goes to the Pats he’s either an idiot or a genius 😉

I think what you’re looking for is “ an idio t Savant”  😂

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This would be an indictment on Schoen if true.

Injury concerns and attitude problems since he was at Florida.  

His talent is undeniable. 

If he hits, he hits … the type of player KC takes chances on.   

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Injury concerns and attitude problems since he was at Florida.  

His talent is undeniable. 

If he hits, he hits … the type of player KC takes chances on.   

Yup. I loved watching Toney and Pitts at Florida that year. What a fun offense. I knew Toney was legit. It didn't seem like he could get on the field with the Giants and the rumor was he was injured but the Giants felt he could play. Then he was a little bit made of glass in the stint with KC, although he did perform well at critical moments. In his career he's had 37 chances at starting, he ended up only starting 9 times. He was available to start 22 times. So even when he was available he started less than 50% of the time. He reminds me so much of Percy Harvin.   

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This would be an indictment on Schoen if true.

I mean…you can’t deny the talent that Toney has always had.  His issues have been availability.  It does make you wonder how an offensive mind like Brian Daboll had no use for him.  

Still, I don’t think he’ll ever get close to a WR1 level.  I do think he can be a high-end gadget type player and that Reid is smart enough to find creative ways to utilize his speed.  

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“In four games with Kyler Murray last season,

Hopkins had 30 receptions, 385 yards, 3 TDs.

That's a 17 game pace of...

128 receptions, 1636 yards, 13 TDs”

- Joe D from WGR

In the 5 games without Murray he had 34 rec for 332 yards. Still on pace for over 100 rec and over 1000 yards with Colt McCoy, Trace McCorsley and David Blough...

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I mean…you can’t deny the talent that Toney has always had.  His issues have been availability.  It does make you wonder how an offensive mind like Brian Daboll had no use for him.  

Still, I don’t think he’ll ever get close to a WR1 level.  I do think he can be a high-end gadget type player and that Reid is smart enough to find creative ways to utilize his speed.  

Because Daboll is trying to build a culture of winning and apparently Toney did not fit the profile he was looking for. It’s not just been availability with Toney but also attitude and other intangibles.  KC has been willing to gamble on guys like that, but when you are trying to build from the ground up, probably not the best bet.  (See Watkins, Sammy)

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think I’m becoming a grumpy old man (I’m actually really happy). But I despise the social media teenage girl posts and begging to come to our team. I think it’s kinda pathetic and sad

that said, if it works, keep it up bills fans. 

star-wars.gif

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Buffalo Fanatics claim to have heard something that they'll post later tonight. I'm sure it's worth about as much as your random Twitter account post.

https://instagram.com/stories/thebuffalofanatics/3115106099346972426?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

considering their stupid troll post earlier, I won’t hold my breath on anything meaningful

watch it be about Preston Williams from earlier🙄

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

My 2 cents - this will likely drag on. I think DHop has an unrealistic view of his market, if someone had offered him what he wanted I think he would have signed by now. He's just trying to find a way to convert "interest at the right price" into a bigger payday.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

My 2 cents - this will likely drag on. I think DHop has an unrealistic view of his market, if someone had offered him what he wanted I think he would have signed by now. He's just trying to find a way to convert "interest at the right price" into a bigger payday.

I mean, he's been a FA for a bit over 24 hours. May take a few days to gather up offers. To the bolded: everyone said the same thing about Odell until Baltimore shelled out some significant dollars. Just takes 1 team. 

37 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Josh Allen supposedly being on the Madden cover is the leak hahahaha

I buy that just as much, maybe even less, than they have Hopkins info. 

Just a bunch of homers that are hoping Josh gets that cover, see it as a realistic chance, and want to "break" a story like all social media "insiders".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.