Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

39 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Can you guys keep this to Hopkins news please?

I’ll get it back on track.  Hopkins may have misread the market.   It’s softer than we thought.  There’s no DHop world tour right now.  He probably has one or two decent offers, but my guess is nothing like he thought.  The leak about the Bills suggests they’re the clubhouse leader and they want Hopkins to make a decision so that their offer isn’t subject to a lengthy shopping process. 

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Harty is an upgrade to Lil dirty.  At least thats what I keep reading on this board.

And Shorter should push Davis for snaps and playing time.

Shorter did nothing in college, to think he’s going to make some massive leap this year and actually see the field on O is wishful thinking at best.  I like the physical potential, but he better bring it on ST’s to even sniff the roster.   Harty has proven nothing yet, I don’t have huge expectations, I’m hopeful he’s going to be something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Harty is an upgrade to Lil dirty.  At least thats what I keep reading on this board.

Yes to 1.  No to 2.  Unless shorter is in to play the kumerow role from years gone by. 

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I dont see an upgraded roster. The swap from Singletary to the plodding NE back is a downgrade. The defensive leader going to Chicago and replacing him with a rookie or expanding the role of AJ Klein is a big downgrade. 

oh they got a new TE2? Usually takes those guys a year or two to develop

this is intentionally obtuse

kincaid is a TE by name only, Beane literally said it himself on Embedded

you're hand wringing about Singletary to Harris, and didnt want to bring up OL? lol 

image.png.7e7cee6a83b943f26a47411cacd9b5e5.png

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No, this is again inaccurate.  He has a 2 year contract for one.  2nd, teams didn’t just magically have cap space at the start of the offseason, in fact in many cases, especially the ones most interested in him, did not and were actually over the cap.  

Buffalo for example early in the off-season had to make moves and restructure deals just to get under the cap, let alone to sign other inexpensive free agents and our rookie class.  Other teams did the same, even cut or let go of good players to get under.  

Sorry, that is not at all what I said.  It is the narrative you’re trying create with the inaccurate statements above, but it’s not at all what I am saying nor is it an accurate reflection of the majority of the views on him across the NFL.

Just because teams can’t afford his contract does not mean they view him as a low end WR1.  That’s just a conclusion you want to get to, but that’s not reflective of how the business of the NFL is conducted.  

First, given his age and cost, he only makes sense for contending teams, that immediately crosses a majority of teams off as a landing spot.  Of those teams, they need to have the cap space for the next 2 years (based on trading for his contract) to take him on and also have the need for him.  Teams like Cincy and Miami for example are pretty loaded at top end WRs, and there isn’t a “need” to squeeze him in.  Then you have teams who have huge QB contracts and they still need to keep guys on both sides of the ball.  Teams have to weigh what taking on his contract will do towards retaining other players next year too or impacting what other holes they can fill this year.

I could keep going with many reasons this cut and dry conclusion you are trying to get to him just isn’t reflective of reality, circumstances, and context of all that is in play when considering a trade for him or signing him to a multi year contract, but I think my point is clear enough as is.

It’s totally cool to not be in favor of signing him, I am just saying I think you’re making some leaps in logic on how others view him to get to a conclusion that fits your personal opinion that he doesn’t have much left in the tank.  

You’re saying it without thinking you’re saying it. If teams don’t want to pay him as a WR1 then what do you think teams think he is?

Baltimore could’ve easily fit Hopkins back at the start of the new year and then restructured his contract.

It’s obvious teams don’t view him as a WR1 anymore. He’ll get WR2 money, which is why he was cut not traded.

21 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’ll get it back on track.  Hopkins may have misread the market.   It’s softer than we thought.  There’s no DHop world tour right now.  He probably has one or two decent offers, but my guess is nothing like he thought.  The leak about the Bills suggests they’re the clubhouse leader and they want Hopkins to make a decision so that their offer isn’t subject to a lengthy shopping process. 

whats the leak? i missed it? uhghhhhhhhh

29 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Wait, are we talking Gabe?  Gabe Davis?  Shorter is going to be pushing our #2 for PT?!  I love the optimism but the only thing our rookie 5th rounder will be pushing for is surviving cutdown day as #6 WR on the depth chart.  imho

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“In four games with Kyler Murray last season,

Hopkins had 30 receptions, 385 yards, 3 TDs.

That's a 17 game pace of...

128 receptions, 1636 yards, 13 TDs”

- Joe D from WGR

BUT... that was Kyler Murray throwing to him, not Josh Allen.

Wait..

• Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You’re saying it without thinking you’re saying it. If teams don’t want to pay him as a WR1 then what do you think teams think he is?

Baltimore could’ve easily fit Hopkins back at the start of the new year and then restructured his contract.

It’s obvious teams don’t view him as a WR1 anymore. He’ll get WR2 money, which is why he was cut not traded.

Agree to disagree on this one.  All good either way

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.