Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

For example, the Jets faced the 8th most rush attempts in the League, and the 12th least pass attempts. The Bills faced the least number of rush attempts. right around the Bills were the Niners, Bengals and Chiefs (along with the Ravens and Titans), teams with excellent offenses so opposition knew they had to go big against them

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I dont see an upgraded roster. The swap from Singletary to the plodding NE back is a downgrade. The defensive leader going to Chicago and replacing him with a rookie or expanding the role of AJ Klein is a big downgrade. 

oh they got a new TE2? Usually takes those guys a year or two to develop

I see you're conveniently choosing to ignore the Oline, WR's and DB's (healthy White, Hyde and Poyer)? I also disagree about the RB's.  Everybody ragged on Edmunds; now that's he's gone he's a first ballot HOFer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I dont see an upgraded roster. The swap from Singletary to the plodding NE back is a downgrade. The defensive leader going to Chicago and replacing him with a rookie or expanding the role of AJ Klein is a big downgrade. 

Singletary was a weenie who fumbled and can't hit a hole if he tried, which he of course did, and failed. 

"Defensive Leader" went to Chicago?!?? Milano went to Chicago? Oh, you mean for a vacay or to score some sweet dope? Cause Milano is the D and he is still here.

TE2?? Who? Knox? Cause Kincaid is TE#1 and prolly most receptions above Diggs this season.

get a life dibbie with your constat trolling and retart like uneducated import trash dreams.

You just got wrecked peewee.

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Explain how Harris is a downgrade from Singletary lol.  

Evan Engram had 64 receptions his rookie season.

Kyle Pitts had 68 receptions his rookie season.

Not everything is in a vacuum like you believe.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That depends what version of Rodgers shows up + Jets Defense is scary

I wouldn't call it scary. They were very good last year. They were awful the year before with largely the same players (added Sauce and another couple players).

Sauce had a great rookie year. Sooner or later though, those flags he wasn't getting on the DPIs all season will be thrown. Mosley is another year older as well. Williams is about to get PAID...does he go the route of Dareus and slack off? This was also a team without expectations last year. That changes some things. 

Right now, Saleh keeps mentioning the Jets as a Super Bowl contender. Not playoff. Not Division winners. Super Bowl. His mouth is writing checks and hoping a 40 year old QB that showed a big downswing last year can cash em. He's basically putting himself on the hot seat. That team starts slow....it will implode FAST.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Can you guys keep this to Hopkins news please?

Sure, can we also cut out the incessant whining that's taken over the fanbase? Because that's what got me off kilter in this thread

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Explain how Harris is a downgrade from Singletary lol.  

Evan Engram had 64 receptions his rookie season.

Kyle Pitts had 68 receptions his rookie season.

Not everything is in a vacuum like you believe.

How did DS get paid basically twice DH?  Not that money is everything, but DS was in more demand and higher paid. So more teams out there believe he is the better player. The Bills needed a player like Harris more. He will likely get much less playing time than DS for the Bills. The real upgrade question is if Cook in year 2 is better not Harris. 

7 hours ago, Gregg said:

We will find out week 1 about the OL. The Jets D will probably be one of the best if not the best they face all year. They were ranked 5th in the league in defense last year.

If they look awesome sure.... if they look mid, I wont be overly alarmed. Who knows if Torrence starts week 1, and its been a major overhaul, theyre gunna need time to gel

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

You are just making yourself look more stupid post after post. Harris had had more than a few long runs in his career while has Singletary, well, has he ever had a long run? Seriously time to sit your ass in time out and shut up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

You are just making yourself look more stupid post after post. Harris had had more than a few long runs in his career while has Singletary, well, has he ever had a long run? Seriously time to sit your ass in time out and shut up.

BOOM! You just wrecked him again! Just ignore the import. It is trying to annoy you.

12 minutes ago, ngbills said:

How did DS get paid basically twice DH?  Not that money is everything, but DS was in more demand and higher paid. So more teams out there believe he is the better player. The Bills needed a player like Harris more. He will likely get much less playing time than DS for the Bills. The real upgrade question is if Cook in year 2 is better not Harris. 

Yes, the real question is Cook is an upgrade over Singletary?  He is, he took over last year while with us.

But the contract differences are minimal and not arguing who is the better RB.  They are both mid level running backs on lower level contracts.

The Bills opted to sign Murray and Singletary instead of retaining Singletary.  I think that's a sign too.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

His salary could’ve been cut down to $4-5 million cap hit with a restructure. That wasn’t the reason. Teams had cap space at the start of the offseason. Teams didn’t trade for Hopkins.

No, this is again inaccurate.  He has a 2 year contract for one.  2nd, teams didn’t just magically have cap space at the start of the offseason, in fact in many cases, especially the ones most interested in him, did not and were actually over the cap.  

Buffalo for example early in the off-season had to make moves and restructure deals just to get under the cap, let alone to sign other inexpensive free agents and our rookie class.  Other teams did the same, even cut or let go of good players to get under.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What you basically said is teams don’t view Hopkins as a WR1 anymore. Not even a low end WR1. That’s what his contract was. A low end WR1.

Sorry, that is not at all what I said.  It is the narrative you’re trying create with the inaccurate statements above, but it’s not at all what I am saying nor is it an accurate reflection of the majority of the views on him across the NFL.

Just because teams can’t afford his contract does not mean they view him as a low end WR1.  That’s just a conclusion you want to get to, but that’s not reflective of how the business of the NFL is conducted.  

First, given his age and cost, he only makes sense for contending teams, that immediately crosses a majority of teams off as a landing spot.  Of those teams, they need to have the cap space for the next 2 years (based on trading for his contract) to take him on and also have the need for him.  Teams like Cincy and Miami for example are pretty loaded at top end WRs, and there isn’t a “need” to squeeze him in.  Then you have teams who have huge QB contracts and they still need to keep guys on both sides of the ball.  Teams have to weigh what taking on his contract will do towards retaining other players next year too or impacting what other holes they can fill this year.

I could keep going with many reasons this cut and dry conclusion you are trying to get to him just isn’t reflective of reality, circumstances, and context of all that is in play when considering a trade for him or signing him to a multi year contract, but I think my point is clear enough as is.

It’s totally cool to not be in favor of signing him, I am just saying I think you’re making some leaps in logic on how others view him to get to a conclusion that fits your personal opinion that he doesn’t have much left in the tank.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Discussion was on roster upgrades so the oft-injured DBs showing up healthy (are they?) is not a roster upgrade

Which WRs were brought in as an upgrade? 

Harty is an upgrade to Lil dirty.  At least thats what I keep reading on this board.

And Shorter should push Davis for snaps and playing time.

Sounds like Hop is going to have to pick, actually play for a contender or go for the money.  I don’t know which he will choose, but this is starting to get a Julio Jones kind of feel to it.. can the guy still run enough to be worth the money?  Or is he really down to a possession type now?  I don’t know.  I don’t know what “getting paid” is going to look like for him at this point.  Beckham, though coming off injury has always been explosive and his work outs looked like he still has it.  D-Hop has been explosive enough, but it may be trailing off, with the lack of teams out there that have money, need a “#1 WR” and are real contenders, it’s going to be virtually impossible for him to get everything he wants.  The scary part to me, if he doesn’t go for money, does he land in KC?  That would suck.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.