Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Strikes me as a situation where Beane is sitting at a table with Ateman/Williams, Hopkins is at a table with Hoodie/B.O’B, but Beane and Hopkins really just want to keep trying to steal glances at each other.

You bring 85-90 players to camp. The Bills have 13 WR's.  At BEST, Williams or Ateman is WR7 or WR8.   Hopkins is WR 1B........

On 5/29/2023 at 11:28 AM, Doc said:

Whoops on Dalton.  I thought Murray missed more time than that and did a poor search on his backup.  But the production is what it is.  Write it into his contract that if he gets caught for PEDs again he loses his money. 

That being said, I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Not sure any player ir agent would sign a contract with a stipulation on getting caught for PEDs when the test itself can get a positive from so many things that aren't even PEDs but an ingredient in it can trigger the positive.  It isn't like the tests are accurate enough to give a reliable and indisputable conclusion.  

Edited by AuntieEm

5 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

What do you think the Bills will get for a #2/#3 receiver on the last year of a rookie contract?  4th or 5th rounder? That's hardly worth it. What benefit would the Bills get out of a trade when they could have a receiver who did VERY well as a #3 and could easily slip into #2 if Diggs or Hopkins?  Davis is a proven #3, while the others are not. 

The Dolphins traded DeVante Parker and a 5th last year to the Pats for their 3rd rounder.

Gabe Davis is 24. DeVante Parker was 29 at the time of trade.

Gabe Davis is set to make $2.9M this year. Devante Parker was set to make $12 Million at the time of trade.

Gabe Davis put up 836 yards last year. Devante Parker did that once in his 5 years with the Dolphins.

You don't think Davis would fetch a 3rd?

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Recognizing that they weren't good enough to get over the hump and acquiring a pro bowl talent like DeAndre Hopkins 

So you mean adding 3 new starters on offense doesn't count? Or paying up to ensure they go back to having a top 5 safety bracket, to go along with what's probably gonna be one of the better corner tandems in the league? Not over spending on to retain Edmunds so they can improve the offense around Allen?

But yea, the Jets added a narcisstic, ahole, 39 year old QB while mortgaging their future, while doing almost nothing to fix their OLine, and likely hacing just 1 skill player on their O who would actually start for Buffalo, in Garett Wilson - and even then would be mostly splitting snaps among a bevy of targets.

All hail the ***** ***** Jets. So sick of them 

4 hours ago, beebe said:

chiefs beat writer jesse newell of the kc star doesn't believe the chiefs will sign hopkins, per a recent podcast. believes the chiefs did their due diligence earlier in the offseason and moved in a different direction. among the reasons:

1) the chiefs drafted a WR (rashee rice) early. this signaled the chiefs were moving on from hopkins

2) the chiefs believe in toney as a future star and think skyy moore will take another step forward.

3) the chiefs would have to borrow against their future, and veach typically hasn't wanted to do that. 

4) the chiefs don't want to stunt the growth of their younger WRs in favor of an expensive vet who is likely on the downside of career.

he also noted the chiefs wr's this year are likely better than last year. juju was out or injured for the majority of the year; toney missed time with lingering injuries; skyy moore didn't know the offense well and had a very limited role; mecole harman missed essentially the entire season. and yet, the chiefs offense was still essentially the #1 offense in the league and mahomes was the mvp. the chiefs believe moore takes a step forward and rice can contribute right away, with some potential diamonds in the rough on the roster (the two rosses).

Just seeing this now. That's encouraging!

They do have  Toney, Moore, Rice and MVS.  Likely a good young core to work with Reid and Mahomes.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Preston Williams is VERY interesting. I remember he burned The Bills a few years ago. It was the P.Williams clinic all day. Interesting find... they are bringing in guys that want to work hard and have great hands.

Preston Williams is interesting.  I don't know who the other guy is.

There are currently 13 WR's on the roster.  Camp competition 

Preston Williams is VERY interesting. I remember he burned The Bills a few years ago. It was the P.Williams clinic all day. Interesting find... they are bringing in guys that want to work hard and have great hands.

• Agree 2

literally just getting healthy on defense, and adding a slot and guard on offense makes the Bills the 2nd best team in the AFC and NFL. 

So tired of these myopic takes from the Bills playoff game, when they played awfully on top of being injured and thus out of whack in so many different ways. Just because "PLAYOFFS OMG!!!" doesn't mean the other 16 games didn't count. This is a good freakin team. Really good

nice rant but the scoreboard on sunday still changes if the touchdown was scored by a narcissistic 39 year a-hole, so I dont see how that's relevant

Our bills needed to upgrade the roster and I dont see it. Arizona cutting Hopkins is a GIFT. hope its not wasted.

What you're not seeing, maybe because you don't want to, is the Bills already have an elite roster. are PAYING for said elite roster, and don't have NEARLY the margin to make up that the Jets do. And of course it's freakin relevent when you take into account the rest of my post on the Jets' lack of talent at OLine and WR compared to Buffalo

The Bills put their nuts on the table when they landed Von Miller and Stephon Diggs, and traded away assets to land Josh Allen. They are far far past the Jets in terms of evolution

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

literally just getting healthy on defense, and adding a slot and guard on offense makes the Bills the 2nd best team in the AFC and NFL. 

So tired of these myopic takes from the Bills playoff game, when they played awfully on top of being injured and thus out of whack in so many different ways. Just because "PLAYOFFS OMG!!!" doesn't mean the other 16 games didn't count. This is a good freakin team. Really good

BINGOOOOO

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you know?

So give you ID card to the border guard
Your alias says you Captain John Luke Picard
Of the United Federation of Planets
'Cause they won't speak English any ways

Big Roger Clyne fan here.  The Refreshments were just the start….

5 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I just discovered Preston Williams was also......... a Carolina Panther! 

image.thumb.png.a89b659c99e0c92e90ba734a3145bda6.png

Only playing in 8 games for Miami in each of his 3 seasons there....but his stats are fairly impressive considering that

2019:   32 FOR 428  3 TD
2020:  18 FOR 288  4 TD 

He's still only 26 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Leading up to the Bengals game last season in the playoffs - I was thinking the Bengals would win that in a blowout, especially when we found out that Jones was out injured. That game was a perect line up for the Bills to get whomped. Heading into that, it was fairly obvious Saffold was utterly washed, that their RT was playing half injured, that they didn't have a functional secondary with Tre playing half powered, Jordan Poyer completely out of position at Free Safety, they didn't even have an NFL starting quality SS healthy on the roster, Von Miller gone ALONG with with Jones and the Bills playing COLE FREAKIN BEASLEY in the slot because that's how poorly Isiah McKenzie playing. 

That game should have surprised no one all things considered. They were utterly reliant on Josh Allen going superman to win that game. In terms of analytic insights this is it: When the Bill roster has  been decimated by inury, and some starters are washed by age, they don't have enough talent to beat really good teams

so you just rest on your laurels?  the roster is good, but it is not good enough to get past the Bengals or Chiefs obviously. 

I think the time for being excited and pumped just for not being terrible is over. Its time to think bigger and try to win something. 

Are you INTENTIONALLY pretending reality isn't reality? That the Bills didn't add quality starters this offseason? Like what is happening? Are you posting from the multi-verse?

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

You bring 85-90 players to camp. The Bills have 13 WR's.  At BEST, Williams or Ateman is WR7 or WR8.   Hopkins is WR 1B........

I know. I wasn’t saying those guys are Hopkins-level options or replacements. My point was he visiting NE* and Beane hosting WRs are both very possibly attempts to gain leverage in contract negotiations.

10 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Our bills needed to upgrade the roster and I dont see it. Arizona cutting Hopkins is a GIFT. hope its not wasted.

If you honestly don't see any upgrades/improvements to this roster then you're either myopic, obtuse, or both. Look a little closer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, appoo said:

So you mean adding 3 new starters on offense doesn't count? Or paying up to ensure they go back to having a top 5 safety bracket, to go along with what's probably gonna be one of the better corner tandems in the league? Not over spending on to retain Edmunds so they can improve the offense around Allen?

But yea, the Jets added a narcisstic, ahole, 39 year old QB while mortgaging their future, while doing almost nothing to fix their OLine, and likely hacing just 1 skill player on their O who would actually start for Buffalo, in Garett Wilson - and even then would be mostly splitting snaps among a bevy of targets.

All hail the ***** ***** Jets. So sick of them 

We are only at the end of May. Wait until the season starts. The NY and national media will be drooling over them that they are the best team in the league. Wait until the CBS pregame show when Boomer is acting like a Jets cheerleader every week. I hope we beat them week 1. It will be so nice listening to Jets fans calling up WFAN and ranting about the loss. Hopefully!

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That depends what version of Rodgers shows up + Jets Defense is scary

The Jets defense reminds of the so-called elite defenses the Bills used to have during the droughts. A lot of that was OCs game planning fairly conservatively, knowing that the Jets offense was so bad, that all they had to do was not turn the ball over to win games fairly easily. 

They are absolutely talented...but some of that is a bit of a mirage. You look at their roster, they don't have as many + players as you'd assume, with a team D with a DVOA that high. 

They're gonna fall off this year, as teams are forced to respect the Jets O a bit more

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I dont see an upgraded roster. The swap from Singletary to the plodding NE back is a downgrade. The defensive leader going to Chicago and replacing him with a rookie or expanding the role of AJ Klein is a big downgrade. 

oh they got a new TE2? Usually takes those guys a year or two to develop

You said this same nonsense yesterday and I posted stats to prove this to be incorrect. Yet here we are with you repeating it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.