Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

FWIW (perhaps not much)  a random twitter poster claims to have a friend in Bills organization who says it’s at the 1 yard line and everyone around the facility expects him to be a Bill within the next few days.

Take that with a large grain of salt….unless HappyDays can corroborate

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, that would be nice, but how does it change your life? What happens when you can’t successfully defend the title? Is it back to complete despair? 

I’m not worried about bragging rights with anyone. I do this because I enjoy the Bills. It’s really pretty simple for me, but I have evolved over time. 

It wouldn’t change my life one iota in any tangible way. However, it would provide immense happiness as a fan. And that’s priceless. 

36 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

For someone who signed a 10 year $450M contract (Mahomes) not too long ago, I am surprised he’s grumbling about a new contract already. When you have that much money coming your way, is more going to move the needle in your life? Your kids and their kids and their kids are already set for life if used wisely. 

There hasn’t been any grumbling from Mahomes.  Quite the opposite actually. The only folks who seem to have a problem with his contract is sports media. Specifically Florio. Who seem to think Mahomes should take every last cent from KC for some reason. 

46 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

FWIW (perhaps not much)  a random twitter poster claims to have a friend in Bills organization who says it’s at the 1 yard line and everyone around the facility expects him to be a Bill within the next few days.

Awesome to see the "take that with a large grain of salt". You've come a long way 😛

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Twitter link?

1 hour ago, Billl said:

He’s literally said the exact opposite.  Guys like Mike Florio simply try to speak it into existence.

https://theathletic.com/4552865/2023/05/25/patrick-mahomes-priorities-legacy-rings/

You mean guys like Adam Schefter? The guy that directly sources information from agents said on his podcast that even though Mahomes is saying all the right things in public, he actually wants a new contract. Which makes sense. The QB market has been reset and he's likely got family members and an agent in his ear telling him he can get more with very little effort on his part. Before long I expect us to have to pay Josh Allen more too, especially if he brings home a Lombardi.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

Suddenly everyone is remembering what I can’t forget: the summer of JJ Watt aka the gaslighting saga. We’ve seen this before people. No preorders. Expect him to chase the money. He would have already taken less money already if it was a ring he was after. 

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You mean guys like Adam Schefter? The guy that directly sources information from agents said on his podcast that even though Mahomes is saying all the right things in public, he actually wants a new contract. Which makes sense. The QB market has been reset and he's likely got family members and an agent in his ear telling him he can get more with very little effort on his part. Before long I expect us to have to pay Josh Allen more too, especially if he brings home a Lombardi.

Agree 100%. Think he's at least wanting to get more than Daniel Jones lol

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You mean guys like Adam Schefter? The guy that directly sources information from agents said on his podcast that even though Mahomes is saying all the right things in public, he actually wants a new contract. Which makes sense. The QB market has been reset and he's likely got family members and an agent in his ear telling him he can get more with very little effort on his part. Before long I expect us to have to pay Josh Allen more too, especially if  when he brings home a Lombardi.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Update.... see previous post. DH asked for a 2 year and Bills agreed. He asked for certain things in the contract, and they got that worked out. The problem is DH thinks his value is OBJ contract or better.BB has made his best offer (or at least he says) and it's now up to DH. I asked about other teams offer said he said he has no idea. He doubts BB will move on his offer very much if at all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, arcadia bob said:

Update.... see previous post. DH asked for a 2 year and Bills agreed. He asked for certain things in the contract, and they got that worked out. The problem is DH thinks his value is OBJ contract or better.BB has made his best offer (or at least he says) and it's now up to DH. I asked about other teams offer said he said he has no idea. He doubts BB will move on his offer very much if at all.

Update…..Anyone could have made up this crap with 17 seconds of thought.  Wherever Hopkins signs you can point back to this and say you told us so.

The good news is @Warriorspikes51 believes you anyway.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Update…..Anyone could have made up this crap with 17 seconds of thought.  Wherever Hopkins signs you can point back to this and say you told us so.

The good news is @Warriorspikes51 believes you anyway.

@Warriorspikes51 believes anyone and anything that links Dhop to us. 

Good for him, its nice to dream.  But Dhop himself could say he's not signing with us, and not sure that changes his mind.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, arcadia bob said:

If nothing else, that certainly does sound like Beane.

7 hours ago, beebe said:

the stats i provided are schedule adjusted, meaning buffalo's performance against supposed inferior competition is factored in. in other words, allowing 30 pts and 400 yards vs the chiefs offense is not treated the same as if you allow 30 pts and 400 yards vs the zack wilson jets. one is clearly a far worse outing than the other when adjusted for opponent strength. 

To be clear my main point was that during the playoffs the Bills supposedly "better" defense played poorly in 6 of the 8 Allen era playoff games.  IMO the defense led directly to BOTH KC losses in the playoffs preventing the Bills from reaching the SB both years and almost blew the Colts game in 2020. 

The only playoff game where the D played a pivotal, winning role was against Baltimore. 

The Chiefs D has not been as damaging to Mahomes playoff career as the Bills D has been to Allen's.  Great playoff defense by the Bills likely would have meant TWO SB trips by the Bills in the last 3 seasons.

9 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I'm pretty sure that's how it works with defenses.  They perform better against the bad offenses than they do against the good ones. Why would this be a reason to discount the defensive stats?

It isn't.  It was an attempt to explain why the Bills D ranked so highly during the regular season and failed so often in the playoffs.  My main point was to counter the idea that the Bills D gave Allen an advantage over Mahomes whose Chiefs had a weaker regular season D.  The truth is that by any standard the Bills D has played very poorly in the playoffs likely taking 1 or 2 SB trips away from Allen & the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To be clear my main point was that during the playoffs the Bills supposedly "better" defense played poorly in 6 of the 8 Allen era playoff games.  IMO the defense led directly to BOTH KC losses in the playoffs preventing the Bills from reaching the SB both years and almost blew the Colts game in 2020. 

The only playoff game where the D played a pivotal, winning role was against Baltimore. 

The Chiefs D has not been as damaging to Mahomes playoff career as the Bills D has been to Allen's.  Great playoff defense by the Bills likely would have meant TWO SB trips by the Bills in the last 3 seasons.

It isn't.  It was an attempt to explain why the Bills D ranked so highly during the regular season and failed so often in the playoffs.  My main point was to counter the idea that the Bills D gave Allen an advantage over Mahomes whose Chiefs had a weaker regular season D.  The truth is that by any standard the Bills D has played very poorly in the playoffs likely taking 1 or 2 SB trips away from Allen & the Bills.

Frazier's passive approach works well against poor and middling qbs. It manifestly failed most of the time in the playoffs, though he does know how to stop Lamar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Fair enough, although the notion that KC's defense has been a playoff world beater seems rather misguided.

The year KC won its first Super Bowl, the D gave up an instant 24 points to the Texans in the Divisional round and the Chiefs were in a 24-0 hole. The offense bailed them out in a major way. 

The next year, Tampa went wild on KC's defense in the Super Bowl and put the game out of reach early. 

KC's D didn't really slow Buffalo in the 42-36 Divisional game two years ago. They went punch-for-punch till the end and won the OT coin toss. The offense won the game (including the 13-seconds theatrics.)

A week later, the AFC championship game loss to the Bengals, a major storyline was KC failing to sack Burrow a single time. 

Last year, the Eagles ran up and down the field (literally) for 400+ yards and 35 pts vs KC's defense. The offense bailed them out in a major way.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.