Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

15 minutes ago, Justin C said:

So your argument went from “WGR is a mouthpiece for the Bills who never criticize them” to “Doesn’t matter if they are good or bad, they are still a mouth piece” after I proved your point invalid. Nice goalpost move!

That’s how trolls do.  

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Not a coincidence:   it's announced Hopkins hires an agent....

within a few hours, Ian R. mentions he may get around $10 mil base + incentives.

Then Adam S. talks about the $ as well.

It's clearly the agent getting the best possible offers from all teams interested

Yeah, I mean that's what's expected of any agent anyways....depends on the way Dhop might decide to suggest everything and how strongy he may make those suggestions known I guess

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

But it wasn’t said for the Chiefs. Why not?

It actually was said in the podcast.

And then Schefter went on to list the reasons that myself and others have already made about paying other players next year.

Edited by The Wiz

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Beane strikes again.

He means what he says when he talks about being conservative and building to be "good" every year.

Unfortunately, that also means rarely ever making a splash and going for it all.

Did you see how he talked about the 4th round pick he gave up last month to move up in the draft? You would have thought he was talking about giving up his dog. He seemed so solemn about it.

Quite frankly I'm shocked that he ever built up the balls to trade for Diggs.

For me it’s Hopkins or an edge player. I think both impact equally depending on who the edge player is. Do this wouldn’t flip me out but we need to make one more move.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Seriously, what are you talking about? He's traded up in the first numerous times, traded for Diggs

I mentioned Diggs in the post you quoted. Did you bother reading the entire thing?

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

and signed Von Miller. 

Great. So in 6 years of being GM, he has made TWO big moves.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9527gbqulfirb5flb4hd2v

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Cleveland showing interest, apparently. Not sure how Hopkins feels about DeSean Watson, but the dude can sling the ball. And Cleveland does have more cap space than us.

Cleveland doesn't have much cap space either, but Watson and Hopkins were amazing together for a few years.  Not sure how he fits with Cleveland signing/drafting a lot of receivers this offseason.  I think they've added 4 receivers this offseason.

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Beane strikes again.

He means what he says when he talks about being conservative and building to be "good" every year.

Unfortunately, that also means rarely ever making a splash and going for it all.

Did you see how he talked about the 4th round pick he gave up last month to move up in the draft? You would have thought he was talking about giving up his dog. He seemed so solemn about it.

Quite frankly I'm shocked that he ever built up the balls to trade for Diggs.

Von Miller says hello.

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

In a league that lacks quality o-line talent, why was he still available this late in the offseason?

From what I’ve listened to.. he’s not really a swing tackle.  Primarily a RT only. 

If teams aren’t signing him to start, I doubt there’s a huge market for a swing tackle that can’t really “swing”. 

Makes sense for us given the high ceiling/low floor of Spencer Brown, and maybe Bates becomes backup C/LT with Shell as the insurance for Brown?

Just giving my best guess.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I mentioned Diggs in the post you quoted. Did you bother reading the entire thing?

Rex won the off-season 100 times.  We should get him and his cool truck back.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Augie said:

But we sure did have a strong showing on the IR list! Might these be related? Hmmmmm…..we might be on to something! 

Don’t be bringing that stuff up, Von was the entire defense..,, in some folks minds…, 

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You have a telling proclivity to cherry pick certain points, and ignore others.

Example: Admitting to two big signings, and ignoring the numerous other moves that built a team coming off a 17 playoff drought, to a perennial playoff contender. Also: Quoting most of my post, but omitting the part where I called you silly (only to then immediately prove the point).

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.