Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

25 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Uhh what? I said WGR was at its best when Chuck Dickerson was on the air. The Bills were good then, not bad

WGR today sucks, they are a mouthpiece and would be if the Bills were good or bad

So your argument went from “WGR is a mouthpiece for the Bills who never criticize them” to “Doesn’t matter if they are good or bad, they are still a mouth piece” after I proved your point invalid. Nice goalpost move!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Was just about to post this.  Same could be said for the Chiefs.

Yup, also I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the Chiefs money situation around the  same as Bills? Or they may even be a little worse? So wonder if this same sttement has been/will be mentioned regarding KC

34 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Shell is a capable starter who only gave up 2 sacks in 450+ pass blocking snaps last season.....

In a league that lacks quality o-line talent, why was he still available this late in the offseason?

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Yup, also I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the Chiefs money situation around the  same as Bills? Or they may even be a little worse? So wonder if this same sttement has been/will be mentioned regarding KC

Depends how you look at it.  They are worse, right now (with about a 500k left in cap space).  However, they will be at 52m above the cap next year and we will be -14m.

Now keep in mind, Mohames is going to get a new contract based on all the off-season talk and Chris Jones is going to get another 20m+ deal that is going to probably eat 80% of that money.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

This year, yes.   They have a good bit of money next year (as it stands) whereas we are over the cap already for next season and will likely have to do work to get under it again.

Flip side, they also have some big contracts coming up in Jones this year and Kelce next year. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

the same statement was made by Adam S.   "I don't think he's going to get it in Kansas City either"

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s time.

🤨

Beane strikes again.

He means what he says when he talks about being conservative and building to be "good" every year.

Unfortunately, that also means rarely ever making a splash and going for it all.

Did you see how he talked about the 4th round pick he gave up last month to move up in the draft? You would have thought he was talking about giving up his dog. He seemed so solemn about it.

Quite frankly I'm shocked that he ever built up the balls to trade for Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Not a coincidence:   it's announced Hopkins hires an agent....

within a few hours, Ian R. mentions he may get around $10 mil base + incentives.

Then Adam S. talks about the $ as well.

It's clearly the agent getting the best possible offers from all teams interested

It's more about the teams he's interested in going to.  They don't have the cap room.  

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

In a league that lacks quality o-line talent, why was he still available this late in the offseason?

He gave up 40 pressures last year

Ive posted that a couple times but to me that’s probably why

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Looking at stats only is helpful, but not telling the entire story.

I like the signing but realistically he was forced into action for Miami LY, because of their tackle injuries.  

He's a Quess 2.0, which isn't bad.  But he's better at pass pro, not better than Spencer. 

This doesn't move the needle improving OL, unless you Sherfield moves the needle improving WR2...basically same backup types.

He gave up 40 pressures last year

Thats terrible 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Beane strikes again.

He means what he says when he talks about being conservative and building to be "good" every year.

Unfortunately, that also means rarely ever making a splash and going for it all.

Did you see how he talked about the 4th round pick he gave up last month to move up in the draft? You would have thought he was talking about giving up his dog. He seemed so solemn about it.

Quite frankly I'm shocked that he ever built up the balls to trade for Diggs.

Seriously, what are you talking about? He's traded up in the first numerous times, traded for Diggs, and signed Von Miller. Criticize Beane if you want, but to say he doesn't have balls is just silly.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.