Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

14 minutes ago, boyst said:

go listen to the boston station. or go listen to the browns station (atl east 5-10 years ago). those stations rip them apart and are honest.

Yeah sure,  Scott Zolak, one of the most egregiously homer play by play announcers.   And the few times I heard any dialogue from the Brown Media was after they signed Deshaun Watson to one of the worst contracts of all time and the media was split, half hated it (justifiably) , half loved it  and suddenly were embracing the sex pervert.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, gordong said:

The sabres have turned the corner now your just being a drama queen. The sabres are setup for long term success...  and have 2 superstars on that team, with the potential of more....   let me guess you wanted them to trade prospects just so that you could feel better this year.

Sabres have two bonafide (one fringe) superstars on the roster and what looks to be at-least 3 more future superstars.  The future is very bright for the Sabres.  

• Agree 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

why what? you are the one who made the ridiculous comment that radio stations don't criticize the local team in other cities. You should give some examples not me cause that was out of nowhere and just plain wrong

Then give some teams and radio stations that criticize them

You’re the one making the claim burden of proof is on you

all the people saying how nice WGR is to the Bills must not remember the drought era

We had Buddy Nix literally hanging up on Howard Simon mid call live on the air. It was UGLY, but fun to listen to someone say to the team what many fans were thinking and wanted to say at the time. If I recall correctly, Schopp even had some sort of blowup with McDermott early on as well, before we knew this team would actually be good. Back then, it was just WGR going to the playbook of ripping the team 24/7

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Unless DeAndre Hopkins specifically wants to come to Buffalo Kansas City can beat our offer I think

Would love to have him, but we don’t need him

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

uhhh how about every city

and no, you made the claim lol

You started off this conversation wondering why the pegulas the Sabres and the bills don’t get criticized and feel that that should be a regular thing

You started the conversation

All I am simply asking from you is to name a team and a radio station that criticizes them that is of similar set up to the bills and WGR

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Unless DeAndre Hopkins specifically wants to come to Buffalo Kansas City can beat our offer I think

Would love to have him, but we don’t need him

How exactly? They already have less money and need to pay Chris Jones quite a bit.

Just now, Gambit said:

How exactly? They already have less money and need to pay Chris Jones quite a bit.

I was listening to this conversation by Joe Marino, and he pointed out the different ways. The Kansas City could also pull levers on extensions.

I want the bills to be in this, but I don’t want them to live massively overpay

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

all the people saying how nice WGR is to the Bills must not remember the drought era

We had Buddy Nix literally hanging up on Howard Simon mid call live on the air. It was UGLY, but fun to listen to someone say to the team what many fans were thinking and wanted to say at the time. If I recall correctly, Schopp even had some sort of blowup with McDermott early on as well, before we knew this team would actually be good. Back then, it was just WGR going to the playbook of ripping the team 24/7

I think this was before GR became the official voice of the Bills again. If I remember correctly

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

both can be true. wgr was terrible during the drought. arm chair qb's and endless whining.

now that they are winning it is a lot of kool aid and fluff, save for a few outliers.

If $10 million plus incentives is the number, just get it done. Make it $12 million. A lot of detractors to the idea have said no team has the ability to pay two high-end WRs, but $10-$12 million is actually a fair rate for a #2. If anything that is a discount given where the market has gone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wonder if Buffalo trades Davis if they sign Hopkins. Something to watch.

What's the point? Gabe has a low $ hit for this season and is a high end WR3 Deep threat.

it's a contract year and he will be motivated to have his best possible season

He is also a solid blocker 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wonder if Buffalo trades Davis if they sign Hopkins. Something to watch.

Imagine Gabe on the Giants? Seriously, he would be a good fit. It's funny... most of my buddies are from other teams and they would ALL love Davis on their team.

IF we get Dhop, which I think is a 1% chance, then yes... Davis can be moved. But I think Beaner is set. No Dhop.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What's the point? Gabe has a low $ hit for this season and is a high end WR3 Deep threat.

it's a contract year and he will be motivated to have his best possible season

He is also a solid blocker 

Because we can get something probably pretty significant for him now and he's not got the greatest hands? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

Imagine Gabe on the Giants? Seriously, he would be a good fit. It's funny... most of my buddies are from other teams and they would ALL love Davis on their team.

IF we get Dhop, which I think is a 1% chance, then yes... Davis can be moved. But I think Beaner is set. No Dhop.

I get that Gabe has his problems....but the dude can REALLY go off when he is on.....and if he's lined up in the slot against single coverage he has wrecked teams

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

why what? you are the one who made the ridiculous comment that radio stations don't criticize the local team in other cities. You should give some examples not me cause that was out of nowhere and just plain wrong

You are the one that made the ridiculous comments that Boston and Brown media (your two examples, not mine) are so tough on their home teams but you never responded about Scott Zolak and the browns media on the Watson trade .  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.