Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

An ESPN Radio  personality @EShunESPN claims Hopkins is close to an agreement with the Patriots.  The guy does have 13k followers and is a former Colts WR Coach

Hopefully that's a false report 

Mac Jones or Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes. Which one doesn't belong with the other two.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

An ESPN Radio  personality @EShunESPN claims Hopkins is close to an agreement with the Patriots.  The guy does have 13k followers and is a former Colts WR Coach

Uhhh dude you realize hopkins got dumped by Bill Obrien for peanuts you really think he's gonna go play for him again? 

I mean I just have a hard time believing it. And the patriots would honestly be one of the least threatening places for him to land.

• Agree 2

Breer's SI article didn't leave me feeling enthused.  If this has been posted before, apologies...  Here's what Breer's heard from NFL execs:

I asked one veteran team executive what’s still there, and he answered, via text, “Not much. He can’t run anymore.” Another answer was pretty different—“He’s still a good player. Good route runner, big, physical target that can play a ball in the air. He’s still a threat.” And a third played both sides of it.

“Still great hands, he is not going to separate, not much of a deep threat, but very strong, and makes contested catches as well as anyone in the NFL,” the AFC exec said. “Does not love to practice—I can’t imagine that’ll get any better. And when things don’t go well, you’re always gonna be leery, All right, what kind of drama are we gonna get from this guy? When things are great, he’s great. When things go south, his true colors show a little bit.

“But he always shows up on game day. He’s gonna have to go to a team that knows what they’re getting. You cannot expect a perfect-attendance type of worker.”

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/inside-deandre-hopkins-s-release-why-he-had-no-value-to-teams/ar-AA1bT9cK?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3a7b4480e80e426a827b9155715181a8&ei=32

Edited by hondo in seattle

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

WGR & your Buffalo News aint gonna tell that story cause they are under Pegula's thumb.

This is true.

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

What I dont get is why posters here dont want to keep it real and accept any criticism

Quickest way to get crapped on is to be realistic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Uhhh dude you realize hopkins got dumped by Bill Obrien for peanuts you really think he's gonna go play for him again? 

I mean I just have a hard time believing it. And the patriots would honestly be one of the least threatening places for him to land.

Who Knows. Bill B. loves him and they could throw 60 million at him over 3-4 years

Edited by Warriorspikes51

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That is interesting...I thought he had an agent

He is being "represented" by Saint Omni, the guy that the NFL sent out a warning on to teams because he was working with Lamar Jackson despite not being a certified NFLPA agent. He also helped Laremy Tunsil and Roquan Smith get their deals. Somehow this guy has built a following among superstar NFL players and is basically working for them off the record.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think he's a tad higher than low end. One of the biggest issues with his play last year is that a lot of his routes were ones that take time to develop. When you couple that with immediate pressure up the middle on many of Allen's passes last year it causes him to have to break that off and it becomes a bit of "backyard ball"...just get open and be ready. That isn't Davis's strong suit. He plays very well when things go to plan. When Allen has protection and Davis can get through his whole route he usually does very well. This is why I had issue with Dorsey not adjusting the offense a bit to a quicker fast attacking short to mid route gameplan. 

With the Bills focusing on shoring up that IOL this year with McGovern, who is very strong at pass blocking, Edwards and Torrence I expect Davis to be able to run those deeper routes that Dorsey likes to run. 

I'm not convinced that Davis can do well on the short and intermediate routes, so his best usage is rather exclusively the long ball. It's true that inadequacies on the oline affected him perhaps more than other receivers. He doesn't have to be WR2 to run the deep routes, however.

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You’d trust Davis to catch slants from Allen? 

I don’t know. Seems like a lot of mental gymnastics to prop up Davis.

Considering he's done it before, yes I do.  

Not as many in the open field, but zone reads in the redzone...Gabe and Diggs both.  Daboll to an extent, but mostly Dorsey had longer developing deep routes.  I think McKenzie commented on this, after Bengals loss.

But it just takes watching the games to realize our offense is predicated as a downfield scheme.  Diggs gets moved all over, rest of offense is fairly straightforward.

Personally, I like Dorseys scheme (which is mainly Dabolls with more personell groupings & more aggressive).  It's about finding the right balance of being aggressive and taking shorter throws, that's mostly on Josh.  He has outlets/layered options on most playcalls.  

Go back and watch LY games, see how many times Josh passes up the easy 5 yard dump offs.  Again, finding the right balance...which he had in Pats/Chiefs playoff games.

Edited by MasterStrategist
  • Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Fake account, he does not work for ESPN.

43 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well the Sabres are a dumpster fire, somehow ownership is never blamed. The Bills you just simply aren’t able to criticize the organization for anything, ownership on down

OK so let’s keep this going
The Sabres haven’t been very good for a long time. I don’t follow hockey, but they seem to want some games last year.

On the football side, you’re gonna have to be a little bit more specific on what your gripe is

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

OK so let’s keep this going
The Sabres haven’t been very good for a long time. I don’t follow hockey, but they seem to want some games last year.

On the football side, you’re gonna have to be a little bit more specific on what your gripe is

It's been a long twelve years, but the Sabres are about to be good. They are stacked with young talent. Kevyn Adams needs to make a few astute trades and FA signings to improve blueline depth and a veteran goalie to pair with Levi would be best, but I expect playoffs next year. I've got your interlocutor on ignore. He's only here to stir the pot.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well the Sabres are a dumpster fire, somehow ownership is never blamed. The Bills you just simply aren’t able to criticize the organization for anything, ownership on down

This is the calling card of a terrible poster.  Yes you can criticize this team.  Again, that’s not why people are giving you a hard time

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

the discussion was on WGR & the Buffalo News. Do you listen to WGR? All they do is praise the Bills, then they bring a special guest on, usually just another WGR employee and he praises the Bills. Call with some criticism and you get hung up on

The Buffalo News is going through journalists like my wife does shoes. Ask yourself why is that

And you wonder why folks call you Jerry.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

It's been a long twelve years, but the Sabres are about to be good. They are stacked with young talent. Kevyn Adams needs to make a few astute trades and FA signings to improve blueline depth and a veteran goalie to pair with Levi would be best, but I expect playoffs next year. I've got your interlocutor on ignore. He's only here to stir the pot.

It took a few rebuilds to get it right but the Sabres have finally gotten it right. I have said this before, but I expect the Sabres to have a breakout season just like the Devils did last year.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is a great example of where stats can be very misleading.  The Bills have had a very good & consistent regular season defense that mostly padded its stats at the expense of bad QB's and weak offenses. In contrast the Defense has mostly struggled against good offenses in the regular season and particularly in the playoffs. 

IMO the KC defense is designed to compliment their offense.  It isn't built to shut teams down on the stat line but to force 3 & outs and TO's that give the potent Chiefs O more possessions.

There is only one playoff game in the last 4 years that the defense could be said to have won the game and that was against Baltimore.  In every other game except NE, and the O gets the credit for that win, the D has played poorly.  This is 6 out of 8 playoff games which is startling given how well the D plays in the regular season.

the stats i provided are schedule adjusted, meaning buffalo's performance against supposed inferior competition is factored in. in other words, allowing 30 pts and 400 yards vs the chiefs offense is not treated the same as if you allow 30 pts and 400 yards vs the zack wilson jets. one is clearly a far worse outing than the other when adjusted for opponent strength. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.