Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

10 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

No way. Murray is washed up, a depth piece, he may not make the 53 man roster

Harris is a plodding back, very different than Singletary and not nearly as good

So the question is, which one of these statements applies to your comments

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

"Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

overwhelmed a lot of the opponents yes. The Bears and the Browns of world couldn't keep up with the talent.

But when met with opponents of similar talent Dorsey was routinely outcoached and downright embarrassed at home in the snow against Cincy.

just keepin it real cause your WGR & your Buffalo News aint gonna tell that story cause they are under Pegula's thumb. What I dont get is why posters here dont want to keep it real and accept any criticism

So WGR and the Buffalo News are under Pegula's thumb are they?  Provide any examples or just venting?  What other conspiracy theories do you hold so dear?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What exactly do you want them to be critical of the pegulas about

Not building a dome. That’s his #1 gripe.

If we had a dome we wouldn’t played against Cleveland despite the travel ban. 

Disregard the Sabres having to move their game against Columbus because of a travel ban. A domed Arena is different than a domed stadium. 

Edited by JGMcD2

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

the next time they produce something critical of the Pegulas will be the first

You’re right, they should be absolutely steaming that the Pegula’s have exhausted every avenue (coaches, players, cash, upgrades to the current stadium, new stadium) to bring us a Championship. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What exactly do you want them to be critical of the pegulas about

Good question. 

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well the Sabres are a dumpster fire, somehow ownership is never blamed. The Bills you just simply aren’t able to criticize the organization for anything, ownership on down

What does the Sabres situation (that looks outstanding right now) have to do with anything? 

also, you didn’t answer his question. What specifically should they be criticized for? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

No way. Murray is washed up, a depth piece, he may not make the 53 man roster

Harris is a plodding back, very different than Singletary and not nearly as good

Wow this is bad

177 819 4.6 5 vs.160 703 4.4 5

Ploddings best vs Devin's best 

202 929 4.6 15 vs. 188 870 4.6 7

Edited by Starr Almighty

Stats are not the thing to look at with Davis. He has a good QB, so his counting stats could over represent his ability. His depth of target is insanely high so his drops and catch percentage could under represent his ability. 

The problem with Davis is he runs like 3 routes well, and all of them take time to develop. He is bad at running other routes and in general is not quick so is rarely a good option when Josh is pressured. These things are typical for WR3, and he's very good in that role. When these are the characteristics of your WR2 in an offense that doesn't like to throw to TEs, you get the inconsistencies and frustrations we saw at times last year. 

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

the Sabres are not “outstanding.” In fact they have the longest playoff drought in American sports. On planet earth that is not usually seen as outstanding 

He said the Sabres' situation is outstanding, not the team. The team is merely good, and young, and locked up to great contracts, and scored the 3rd most goals in the league with a stud goalie incoming. 

You disingenuously represented his comment. He is correct that the Sabres are positioned as well as an up and coming team can be. They have to take that step, and you can't deny their 12 years of futility, but any honest measurement of the current team has to conclude that the window of despair is closed barring catastrophe to a degree unreasonable to expect. 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

agree he isn't Dhop, but Gabe can run the underneath routes.  Josh himself said the offense should be incorporating more throws to him underneath.  This is a chicken/egg argument, because Dorsey hardly used him in that role (is that bc he "can't do it" like you said, OR bc he's our best deep ball threat and it clears out more for other guys?)

It's because he can't do it. His skill set doesn't lend itself well to routes that require short area quickness. He releases well and can run vertical. That's a great skill set for a #3 outside WR. For a #2 it limits what the offense can do.

Do you really think two OCs in a row now haven't had Davis run those shorter routes for no reason?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Unpopular opinion: I'd rather sign Justin Houston than DHop.

I'd like them both, but I think our pass rush will be a bigger issue this season than our offense. 

I'd be on board with this.  My guess is he either wants too much $$$, and/or Beane trying to figure who the odd man out is: Boogie or Aje.  Pretty certain they were interested in upgrading, then settled for Shaq and cheap fliers (Ray).  Maybe interest is still there, perhaps waiting for Dhop scenario to shake out?

This season is going to rest on the trench players actually performing, regardless of Dhop.  I'm hopeful for both, but alot riding on Spencer stepping it up and Vons ability once he's back.  JMO...

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

It has to be at least a little concerning that over 20% of that production came in one game

I do and have said many times that consistency is an issue. I also feel like Dorsey is partly to blame for the inconsistency as he really didn't seem to adjust much to get Davis going in many instances.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

You don't think it's a problem that our supposedly #2 WR can only run long developing routes?

I find it more of a problem that the offensive coordinator calls long developing routes knowing that pass protection was an issue last year. I know some have speculated that Allen's elbow injury caused the Bills to have to throw longer routes but who knows.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's because he can't do it. His skill set doesn't lend itself well to routes that require short area quickness. He releases well and can run vertical. That's a great skill for a #3 outside WR. For a #2 it limits what the offense can do.

Do you really think two OCs in a row now haven't had Davis run those shorter routes for no reason?

I know where you're coming from, it's not his best trait...but I wouldn't say he can't do it.  It's more in breaking slants and digs, that he could be used more often.

I'd agree Gabe isn't a 1b, or even a traditional 2.  But where our opinions differ, is if that matters.

Jmo, our offense has plenty of dangerous weapons. We have 1 guy in Diggs that can do it all, and then a complimentary group.  OL needs to protect better.  Knox doesn't get used near enough, mostly bc he's used as an extra blocker/outlet receiver.  I'm hopeful about Kincaid, Shakir, and Harty.  and an improved running game.  I think that's enough, but it's on Dorsey to scheme it up and OL to play to their potential

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

just keepin it real cause your WGR & your Buffalo News aint gonna tell that story cause they are under Pegula's thumb. What I dont get is why posters here dont want to keep it real and accept any criticism

IMG_3797.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.