Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

overwhelmed a lot of the opponents yes. The Bears and the Browns of world couldn't keep up with the talent.

But when met with opponents of similar talent Dorsey was routinely outcoached and downright embarrassed at home in the snow against Cincy

What about the Chiefs game on the road at Arrowhead? What did Dorsey do there? 

I can single out individual instances too!!! 

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

just keepin it real cause your WGR & your Buffalo News aint gonna tell that story cause they are under Pegula's thumb. What I dont get is why posters here dont want to keep it real and accept any criticism

Because you don’t provide anything of substance.

You call someone “a bum” with nothing else unique included. That’s not contributing to any sort of conversation… 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

Bills had lost 2 of the prior 3 games before Von tore his ACL, Allen had been playing awful (4 TDs and 5 INT in previous four games before Von tore ACL), and Zach Wilson even beat us.

Von’s injury didn't change the season. It’s just a convenient excuse.

To be fair I almost fell into that same excuse trap, until I really analyzed the season. When you do so, you realize that injuries didn’t derail our season. We were simply not good enough, but I do like what Beane did this off-season. 

You are entitled to your opinion, but just remember that that’s exactly what it is. Nothing more. We got no pressure on the QB after we lost Von. Our back ups were not good enough, that was clear. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

That was the single best game Dorsey called all year. Singletary had his highest amount of carries all season.

Where did that Offensive Coordinator go the rest of the season when it mattered more

oh and Singletary is a Texan now. :(  gee I wonder why

Right… you pointed out his single worst game all year and I pointed out his single best. 

Where did he go the rest of the season? 3rd in scoring in the NFL. 

Not sure I understand the Singletary point at the end there… just more of your erratic nonsensical posting? 

17 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

overwhelmed a lot of the opponents yes. The Bears and the Browns of world couldn't keep up with the talent.

But when met with opponents of similar talent Dorsey was routinely outcoached and downright embarrassed at home in the snow against Cincy.

just keepin it real cause your WGR & your Buffalo News aint gonna tell that story cause they are under Pegula's thumb. What I dont get is why posters here dont want to keep it real and accept any criticism

Did we win only two games last year?

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

That was the single best game Dorsey called all year. Singletary had his highest amount of carries all season.

Where did that Offensive Coordinator go the rest of the season when it mattered more

oh and Singletary is a Texan now. :(  gee I wonder why

We actually did run the ball, and that 2nd half of season offense wasn't neat as bad as many want to point out.  

See my prior post: 

Also, there's a lot of ways to win on offense in the NFL, most fans understand that. 

But the issue now, is that Cincy has a 1a/1b situation at WR and many are envious/think that's the necessity.  It's like the hot new fad, everyone needs to copy that model.

While OTOH, KC just won a SB with similar weapons to what we have now, BUT didn't have LY. 

Biggest addition is a guy who can potentially dominate in the middle of the field, in Kincaid.  He's not going to be 1b to start the season, but I could see him growing into that role by EOY. 

Also, we added multiple IOL that should upgrade our situation.

Dorsey has a lot of pressure to succeed, but I believe in him.  Many ppl wrote off Daboll too.  Our offense will be a "pick your poison" throughtout the season, and it will be Dorseys job to scheme up the best matchups week to week.  Not many teams are matching up with our current personnel, even without Dhop.

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

What is difficult for you to understand? 

As far as Singletary goes, all he did was average nearly 5 yards per carry. He probably wants to go somewhere where he gets more than 6 carries like he did in the snow against Cincinnati. 

He got 17 at KC and it was the highest of the season, that's a pathetic high but it happened to be Dorsey's best game. Gee idk, how about giving the kid 20 carries especially when the weather is bad and/or the QB is hurting

Singletary signed a 1 year/$1.5 million dollar contract by the Texans.  Definitely a hot commodity on the open market.

Our best offensive output is not the 24 points against the Chiefs lol.  How much are you going to reach?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

We got no pressure on the QB after we lost Von.

To be clear, i’m not saying losing Von didn’t hurt.

I’m just acknowledging that we were spiraling (and showing huge empty spots in our armor), before he went down.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m just acknowledging that we were spiraling (and showing huge empty spots in our armor), before he went down.

I still don't understand what this means. Struggling in a game or having a close game does not mean spiraling. I gave you the Super Bowl Champs who had many close games last year including nearly losing the #1 seed in a run to OT against the Texans.

If you are looking for the Bills to dominate all 20 games a year or its spiraling then keep dreaming because you are looking to be the greatest team of all time.

Even the 1972 dolphins had several close games and near misses.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Notice how the folks so quick to declare Mahoomes better then Allen because he won this last Super Bowl with skill players just a bit more talented then Allen's ignore the Chiefs MUCH BETTER offensive line.

When I look at Mahomes versus Allen there are only 2 things I can say with certainty:

1) They are both elite and among the top 3 QB's in the NFL and both will be in the HOF if they maintain this level of play for another decade.

2)  Mahomes has achieved more then Allen primarily due to significant advantages in the offensive personnel surrounding him over the last 5 years.

Josh Allen's defenses (per FootballOutsiders DVOA):

4th, 1st, 12th, 7th, 2nd. Cumulatively, that's the best defense in the league over the last five years. 

Mahome's defenses:

17th, 24th, 22nd, 14th, 27th.

The Chiefs have had better overall offensive talent, and better coaching on offense. But Mahomes' margin for error has been significantly less because KC's defense has been mostly trash for his entire tenure. That being said, KC's defense on paper looks to be the best of the Mahomes era in 2023. 

1 minute ago, beebe said:

4th, 1st, 12th, 7th, 2nd. Cumulatively, that's the best defense in the league over the last five years. 

Mahome's defenses:

The Chiefs have had better overall offensive talent, and better coaching on offense. But Mahomes' margin for error has been significantly less because KC's defense has been mostly trash for his entire tenure. That being said, KC's defense on paper looks to be the best of the Mahomes era in 2023. 

Buffalo has had the more consistent defenses.  In a vacuum Kc has been able to out perform Buffalo in the playoffs by being more multiple and more aggressive.  The Leslie Frazier Sean Mcdermott Defense is similar to the pre Mahomes Andy Reid offense.  Great out the gates and fizzles down the stretch in playoffs. Great in a week by week league but in a win or go home scenario they become predictable in their conservative nature.  Is this a Leslie Frazier play calling tendency or a Mcdermott tendency.  We are going to find out.  

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo has had the more consistent defenses.  In a vacuum Kc has been able to out perform Buffalo in the playoffs by being more multiple and more aggressive.  The Leslie Frazier Sean Mcdermott Defense is similar to the pre Mahomes Andy Reid offense.  Great out the gates and fizzles down the stretch in playoffs. Great in a week by week league but in a win or go home scenario they become predictable in their conservative nature.  Is this a Leslie Frazier play calling tendency or a Mcdermott tendency.  We are going to find out.  

KC’s pass rushers step up in the playoffs, the Bills pass rushers don’t. Simple as that. You can be a lot more aggressive when the pass rush is getting home.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Excellent point.   Being able to broadly adapt the defense to the opponent has been key for both KC and Cinci being able to advance in the playoffs despite otherwise inferior personnel to the Bills while the Bills D has looked like trash in their 4 playoff exits.   The Bills larger issue has been not being better around Josh Allen on offense.........but the lack of flexibility on defense has undermined the massive investments they have made on that side of the ball.   

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Einstein said:

But we sure did have a strong showing on the IR list! Might these be related? Hmmmmm…..we might be on to something! 

38 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The 2nd half of Green Bay was instructive to Salah. That laid the blueprint for the Jets game, and ultimately Allen's elbow. I tend to believe that they would have come through all of that better had Daboll still been the OC. It's also a strong likelihood that our offensive line was ill-equipped to cope with the kind of aggressive techniques needed to be a heavier run offense. 

19 minutes ago, beebe said:

Mahome's defenses:

This is a great example of where stats can be very misleading.  The Bills have had a very good & consistent regular season defense that mostly padded its stats at the expense of bad QB's and weak offenses. In contrast the Defense has mostly struggled against good offenses in the regular season and particularly in the playoffs. 

IMO the KC defense is designed to compliment their offense.  It isn't built to shut teams down on the stat line but to force 3 & outs and TO's that give the potent Chiefs O more possessions.

There is only one playoff game in the last 4 years that the defense could be said to have won the game and that was against Baltimore.  In every other game except NE, and the O gets the credit for that win, the D has played poorly.  This is 6 out of 8 playoff games which is startling given how well the D plays in the regular season.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

52% catch percentage… no. Routine balls dropped game in and game out.  He’s not a reliable #2 receiver…. He would need to have a very unlikely consistent year in 2023 for him to become that reliable #2… and yes, based on his three year career to this point, it is unlikely.

836 yards. 7 TDs. 15 games. Those are solid #2 numbers. Does need to be more consistent. Does need to haul in more passes thrown his way. But I can cherry pick a stat or 2 as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

The 2nd half of Green Bay was instructive to Salah. That laid the blueprint for the Jets game, and ultimately Allen's elbow. I tend to believe that they would have come through all of that better had Daboll still been the OC. It's also a strong likelihood that our offensive line was ill-equipped to cope with the kind of aggressive techniques needed to be a heavier run offense. 

I agree about Daboll.  Under Dorsey the play calling was predictable and easy to anticipate based on personnel and formation.  Such as when Diggs came to the sideline the play call was a run almost every time time.  What opposition DC or analytics guy isn't going to notice that?  I expect Dorsey's learned and will make the necessary adjustments to disguise things better.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.