Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

you act as if injuries aren’t part of the NFL.

No, I didn’t act like that.

All it takes is a Chris Jones injury.  A Kelce injury.  A Mahomes injury.  A Hopkins injury.  An injury or 2 along the OL.  Injuries to multiple starters.  You know, like us last season.

This method of thinking relies on a better team getting injured at multiple important position groups for us to be competitive.

”Who knows? Maybe our less talented team will have a chance because maybe the more talented team gets injured”

Loser mentality.

Last I knew, we’ve beaten the chiefs 2 out of 3 times in their house and are on

And?

Im over regular season wins. 

Don’t care about them.

As I said before, i’d trade away a decade of 12-6 for just one SB trophy.

When it matters most, the Chiefs have beaten us. 

anomaly away fro being 3-0.  

Having a coach that repeatedly makes mistakes in big moments is not an anomaly.

Its an inevitability.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Our season changed on Thanksgiving Day when Von tore his ACL. 

Bills had lost 2 of the prior 3 games before Von tore his ACL, Allen had been playing awful (4 TDs and 5 INT in previous four games before Von tore ACL), and Zach Wilson even beat us.

Von’s injury didn't change the season. It’s just a convenient excuse.

To be fair I almost fell into that same excuse trap, until I really analyzed the season. When you do so, you realize that injuries didn’t derail our season. We were simply not good enough, but I do like what Beane did this off-season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No, I didn’t act like that.

This method of thinking relies on a better team getting injured at multiple important position groups for us to be competitive.

”Who knows? Maybe our less talented team will have a chance because maybe the more talented team gets injured”

Loser mentality.

And?

Im over regular season wins. 

Don’t care about them.

As I said before, i’d trade away a decade of 12-6 for just one SB trophy.

When it matters most, the Chiefs have beaten us. 

Having a coach that repeatedly makes mistakes in big moments is not an anomaly.

It’s an inevitability.

When you say “if KC gets hopkins, it’s a wrap”.  That is acting like injuries don’t exist.  I didn’t read the rest.  My time is too valuble

41 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Bills had lost 2 of the prior 3 games before Von tore his ACL, Allen had been playing awful (4 TDs and 5 INT in previous four games before Von tore ACL), and Zach Wilson even beat us.

Von’s injury didn't change the season. It’s just a convenient excuse.

To be fair I almost fell into that same excuse trap, until I really analyzed the season. When you do so, you realize that injuries didn’t derail our season. We were simply not good enough, but I do like what Beane did this off-season. 

The Chiefs lost to the Colts, Bills, and were 4 combined points away from losing to the Chargers and Raiders in their 1st 6 games. This isn't mentioning nearly losing to Denver twice, the Chargers again and going into OT against the Texans in the 2nd half of the season and they won the super bowl.

Its ridiculous to say "even with x player they weren't doing anything" because X game stretch.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When you say “if KC gets hopkins, it’s a wrap”.  That is acting like injuries don’t exist.  I didn’t read the rest.  My time is too valuble

Do you think we can beat them at full strength if they land Hopkins?  Everyone knows injuries happen but it’s not something you can predict and isn’t something you should be banking your season on. 

If KC gets him the seasons a wrap is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. DHOP is a damn good receiver but he’s also in his 30s and coming off an injury. 

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Do you think we can beat them at full strength if they land Hopkins?  Everyone knows injuries happen but it’s not something you can predict and isn’t something you should be banking your season on. 

Yes 

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When you say “if KC gets hopkins, it’s a wrap”.  That is acting like injuries don’t exist.  

Semantics.

"Barring injury, if KC gets Hopkings, it's a wrap."

Feel better?

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t read the rest.  My time is too valuble

lol. 

16 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Yes, I think we CAN beat them.  It’s not something that anyone predict but it’s something that happened every year, usually to every team.  Some more.  Some less.  KC had no injuries that year.  It’s rare.

I don’t know why everyone is so afraid of them.  They’re good. But I’ve watched us play them the last 3 games.  Did you?  We played them great 3 games in a row.  We’re better now than ever imo.  Our OL is better. Our playmakers are better.  We have some downhill grinder RB plays a big hitter.  We have a stud d and now we have mcdermott calling plays 

think what you want. Be all sad and throw a tantrum if they get hopkins.  I love our roster.  I’m only worried about Dorsey, but I think he’ll be fine. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

The Chiefs lost to the Colts, Bills, and were 4 combined points away from losing to the Chargers and Raiders in their 1st 6 games. This isn't mentioning nearly losing to Denver twice, the Chargers again and going into OT against the Texans in the 2nd half of the season and they won the super bowl.

Its ridiculous to say "even with x player they weren't doing anything" because X game stretch.

Chiefs were the anti-Bills last season.

Bills started strong and then faltered.

Chiefs started weak and then got stronger.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah. Now that your on ignore too

phew-relieved.gif

23 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Of course not.

I mean, any given Sunday and all, but the odds would be slim. And he knows it. Even if he tries to grasp onto those two meaningless regular season victories.

If a team wants him and can take on the current deal, it would be stupid to let it get to competition, anything is better than nothing for AZ.  As insane as it sounds, I think the only team ( that we assume is in on him) that could swing it is Philly.   Otherwise it’s teams throwing a lot of bonus and bogus years at him.

42 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If KC gets him the seasons a wrap is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. DHOP is a damn good receiver but he’s also in his 30s and coming off an injury. 

Yes 

No, he’s not coming off an injury 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Teams would’ve needed permission.

I know Arizona gave Hopkins permission to negotiate with other teams when they were actively trying to trade him. So I would assume we and other teams at least have a framework in place for what he's looking for.

People seem to be overthinking the "perennial contender" concept.  With a 14 team playoffs, the Bills are perenial contenders as long as Josh Allen is the QB, and he is healthy.  You put him on any of about 24 rosters in the league and about the same number of coaches, and it would be shocking if his team didn't make the playoffs. 

Similarly, you put a Derek Carr clone on the Bills with this exact same roster, and the exact same coaching staff, and no one would expect them to make the playoffs this year (Frankly, many would see them as battling to stay out of the AFC east basement with the patriots).    Josh Allen having Dan Marino's career results would be horribly disappointing.  Beane needs to figure out how to get Allen to the Super Bowl.  

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.