Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

At this point, I’d be willing to give Hopkins the money just to keep him away from KC.

Having him play for us would just be a bonus.

Barring injury, it’s hard for me to imagine KC not representing the AFC in the Super Bowl yet again if they get Hopkins.

It’ll be Brady and Moss all over again. Except this time, Brady would have Moss AND Gronk (Kelce). 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

At this point, I’d be willing to give Hopkins the money just to keep him away from KC.

Having him play for us would just be a bonus.

Barring injury, it’s hard for me to imagine KC not representing the AFC in the Super Bowl yet again if they get Hopkins.

It’ll be Brady and Moss all over again. Except this time, Brady would have Moss AND Gronk (Kelce). 

He’s more AJ Green part 2 than Randy Moss

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

You’re being a jerk on purpose.  Ruggs Jeudy Lamb and Reagor all went before Jefferson and Aiyuk went right after,  That’s quite a spectrum of results and you’ve cherry picked…

Did you purposefully not read the conversation, or did you rush to reply so quickly that you didn’t have time to comprehend it? We were talking about what the Bills should do in HINDSIGHT. What the Bills would do with the information we know NOW (Jefferson being the best WR in the NFL).

All you had to do was read before you replied.

59 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

How many times do these dudes need to make up crap before people realize they make up crap.

After Hopkins takes the three extra dollars the Bears or whoever offer, if some other guy becomes available ESPN will clickbait the Bills/Chiefs arms race again.

Agree, and the next WR situation to keep an eye on is Adams.  He’s not happy, and the Raiders might not even have Jimmy G available.  Adams might be cheaper cap wise than Hopkins if the Raiders are willing to eat a bunch of money for a higher draft pick.  

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Did you purposefully not read the conversation, or did you rush to reply so quickly that you didn’t have time to comprehend it? We were talking about what the Bills should do in HINDSIGHT. What the Bills would do with the information we know NOW (Jefferson being the best WR in the NFL).

All you had to do was read before you replied.

Do you have a parallel universe machine?  If so does it guarantee a rookie WR would have developed the same way under an inexperienced QB and that said rookie was polished enough to help the QB develop?  

In hindsight, getting Allen a proven vet was a far better choice.

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Agree, and the next WR situation to keep an eye on is Adams.  He’s not happy, and the Raiders might not even have Jimmy G available.  Adams might be cheaper cap wise than Hopkins if the Raiders are willing to eat a bunch of money for a higher draft pick.  

If it’s Adams and a trade, there may be less KC discussion because of the rivalry.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you have a parallel universe machine?  If so does it guarantee a rookie WR would have developed the same way 

I have a brain that tells me that the best WR in the NFL who was INSTANTLY elite would have done just fine with a top 3 QB (Josh Allen) and an elite offensive mind (Brian Daboll), which is a much better situation than a run first coach (Mike Zimmer) and a middling QB (Cousins).

You’re joking, right? Implying that Jefferson would have done worse in our elite offense vs Minnesota?

Gotta be kidding me.

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Come on, that’s just ridiculous.

Jefferson was elite even in his rookie season, and he will likely be good for another 4-5 years after Diggs is out of the NFL (he is 5 years younger).

It’s not like Diggs taught Allen to be a QB. He simply gave Allen a legit WR for the first time in his career and came during a pivotal year 3. Jefferson would have done the same in my opinion.

Let’s say the Bills knew that Jefferson was going to be better than Diggs and decided to keep the pick.  Did you consider Minnesota could have traded Diggs to another team and drafted Jefferson or use their #25 to trade up ahead of us at 22 to snag him?  It’s silly to think Jefferson was going to 100% be there for us to grab.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I have a brain that tells me that the best WR in the NFL who was INSTANTLY elite would have done just fine with a top 3 QB (Josh Allen) and an elite offensive mind (Brian Daboll), which is a much better situation than a run first coach (Mike Zimmer) and a middling QB (Cousins).

You’re joking, right? Implying that Jefferson would have done worse in our elite offense vs Minnesota?

Gotta be kidding me.

Shirley you can’t be serious.

1. You have to qualify your argument as one with the benefit of hindsight.  Even if taken at face value it is pointless to do this.  With hindsight in mind why not do this for the entire 53 man roster?  What is your actual point?

2. After hindsight is infused you’d STILL have to assume a smooth transition with Jefferson walking into a spot where he immediately had to be the 1.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley you can’t be serious.

1. You have to qualify your argument as one with the benefit of hindsight.  Even if taken at face value it is pointless to do this.  With hindsight in mind why not do this for the entire 53 man roster?  What is your actual point?

2. After hindsight is infused you’d STILL have to assume a smooth transition with Jefferson walking into a spot where he immediately had to be the 1.

It's a ridiculous point that people are making, not to mention that there are no assurances that this guy was even going to be there at the pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

How many times do these dudes need to make up crap before people realize they make up crap.

After Hopkins takes the three extra dollars the Bears or whoever offer, if some other guy becomes available ESPN will clickbait the Bills/Chiefs arms race again.

Making up “crap” is the mainstay for all types of media, ten percent real / ninety percent crap, it is especially true during the football off season, 😂

just look at the 300 pages of fluff on DH, it’s all speculative off season crap,  Monty Python’s flying circus  could do great work with this stuff… its the ministry of silly walks around here, 😂

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He’s more AJ Green part 2 than Randy Moss

Randy Moss was more AJ Green part 2 (through ten seasons) than Hopkins is.

Here are the stats for all 3 receivers through 10 seasons (which is where Hopkins is right now).

comparison.jpg

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You have to qualify your argument as one with the benefit of hindsight.

Yeah, two posters can have any conversation they want. With any parameters they want. 

You're just salty that you didn't read (or comprehend) what we were talking about, and immediately jumped in thinking you had a "got ya" moment.

Instead you were served a warm slice of humble pie. 

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

After hindsight is infused you’d STILL have to assume a smooth transition with Jefferson walking into a spot where he immediately had to be the 1.

Which there is no doubt, considering it was a smooth transition for him in a much worse offense.

Jefferson was the #1 in Minnesota his rookie year as well. He is elite and would have been elite in Buffalo too.

And I loved the Diggs trade.

Edited by Einstein

Just now, Einstein said:

Randy Moss was more AJ Green part 2 (through ten seasons) than Hopkins is.

Here are the stats for all 3 receivers through 10 seasons (which is where Hopkins is right now).

comparison.jpg

Perhaps you don’t get my meaning.  When AJ Green moved on to the Cardinals he was largely useless to them and his production plummeted. That is what I meant by part 2.  Hopkins is on the verge of that.  He has had a terrific career.  What he has done in the past will not count for whichever team signs him.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Hopkins is on the verge of that.  He has had a terrific career.  What he has done in the past will not count for whichever team signs him.

Randy Moss joined the Patriots in his 10th season.

Hopkins will be joining whatever team he joins in his 11th season. 

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Perhaps you don’t get my meaning.  When AJ Green moved on to the Cardinals he was largely useless to them and his production plummeted. That is what I meant by part 2.  Hopkins is on the verge of that.  He has had a terrific career.  What he has done in the past will not count for whichever team signs him.

Hopkins had 717 yards in 9 games with Andy Dalton throwing to him.  He missed the first 6 because of suspension and sat out the last 2 because the season was over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hopkins had 717 yards in 9 games with Andy Dalton throwing to him.  He missed the first 6 because of suspension and sat out the last 2 because the season was over.

Translation: 6 games for cheating, 2 for pouting.  And Andy Dalton is not correct.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Gotta be kidding me.

I think the argument is they needed a #1 right away and Diggs was just that, Jefferson or any of the other WRs were more of hope they’d be a #1 at some point.

It was the right move at the time got the Bills.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.