Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

28 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yeah, but we're talking about teams with a shot at the SB :P

Lol.  I think the jets have a shot.  

Baltimore, Dallas, chargers, Jags and Philly all have over 11M in room right now (from the site I saw anyway).  Detroit has 24m+

but then again, we don’t know what matters most to hopkins.  To date, he’s shown that money matters most

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Hopkins may still be a Top 5 WR with an elite QB throwing to him. Having 2 on the field together gives your team a competitive advantage over pretty much everyone

Well, yes, totally agree and I want that advantage!  Agreed!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

No. No it’s not. It’s with only Tre White or Dion Dawkins being restructured…..

And adding 2-3 dead cap years where he isn't on the team. Which is what he's talking about. 

Players like Dalton Kincaid, James Cook, Kaiir Elam, etc could become superstars in the league that we have to pay a premium for and the belt will be tightened by a deal we made this season for a player who will probably no longer be on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, FLFan said:

He will go where the most money is. By the way, has anyone else been tracking this?

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-rumors-deandre-hopkins-contract-saint-omni-free-agent

if this connection is true, you can pretty much rule out the Bills IMO.  

Thanks for sharing this. I didn’t realize til now. Looks like game over from our perspective 

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No. No it’s not. It’s with only Tre White or Dion Dawkins being restructured…..

A contract can be done to have his cap hit for this year between 3.5-6 million

Ok. 

if making the most money is his desire, Brandon Beane should be out.  If giving him a fair deal that will benefit us and give him his best chance at a ring, I’m all for it.  I’m not really cool with with extending Dawkins long term.  Same with Tre. Dawkins has been slipping. He was awful vs Cinci.  Tre…. I won’t be ok extending him until I see him play at a somewhat high level.  We haven’t seen that since thanksgiving 2021.  

If this is true about his agent, the chances are slim.  Slim to none imo

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I can't believe some fans are already trying to rationalize Hopkins possibly going to KC over us. It's an unmitigated disaster if that happens, period. 

Hopkins going to KC would be the worst possible scenario.

There is absolutely ZERO benefit of Hopkins landing there. None. There is only misery and pain for Bills fans if that happens.

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No. Fraud. He just clipped it from an old tweet. “Kyle’s Treats” is a Clown

Sounds like a lot of the Bills media lately. Overhyping a WR that may or may not sign with the Bills. Maybe the Buffalo Media should focus on a team 1 game away from it's championship 

21 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hopkins going to KC would be the worst possible scenario.

There is absolutely ZERO benefit of Hopkins landing there. None. There is only misery and pain for Bills fans if that happens.

Really going out on a limb there saying Hopkins signing with the Chiefs wouldn't benefit us 😆

Whether or not it's something anyone here wants to see happen, it's unrealistic to think it's impossible that he would choose them over us.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

his drop rate is 1% over the last 3-4 seasons.

I’ll say it again: that is something the Bills badly need. We led the league in drops. 

Bills didn't lead the league in drops, had 29, which was 2nd worst.

7 teams had 26 drops or more, including the SB winning Chiefs.

Gabe had 7 drops, tied for worst in the league with Jamar Chase, Travis Kelce and others.  Stefon Diggs 6 drops.

Obviously the team could do better in this area.  But let's not have mic drop moments about stating incorrect information, and acting like the importance is so paramount....it's gonna happen when you have a team throwing alot and our style of QB play...lets ask Chief fans how bothered they are with having 26 drops.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And adding 2-3 dead cap years where he isn't on the team. Which is what he's talking about. 

Players like Dalton Kincaid, James Cook, Kaiir Elam, etc could become superstars in the league that we have to pay a premium for and the belt will be tightened by a deal we made this season for a player who will probably no longer be on the team.

Don't act so level headed.  You know our window is closing, sky is falling, no Dhop=no SB...and most important, KC might get him instead of us, oh no.

You're spot on with this.  Although I'm expecting a million replies about being worried about salary cap, amongst other gripes.

In reality, our team (led by Beane/staff) has made ample improvements at key areas of concern. And echoing your point, we also have young/potential budding stars on both sides of the ball.  This isn't the end of a dynasty, but just the start

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Gabe’s catch % was in the 50s. That’s awful. 

No need to sugar coat his play. Gabe was Mr inconsistent last season, like the season before…. And the season before that. 

Agree, no need to sugarcoat.  

But some stat sites only show 57 of his targets as actually catchable. Just sharing information (ie:source is fantasy pros).

Gabe can obviously improve, so can others on our team.  My purpose of the post is let's not exaggerate what happened, just to align with an agenda of signing Dhop.

Dhop is a better player than Gabe, or any other receiver we have not named Stefon.  That's something we all should agree on.  

This topic has spun into we "need" Dhop, must spend at all costs because our window is about to close, Beane can't let Kc sign him no matter what, etc. 

Their is an alternate scenario that we play to our potential, our acquisitions contribute as expected, and our young guys take the needed step forward.  That includes Gabe playing to his, which is somewhere between this past year and KC playoff loss.  In this "team scenario", we don't need to mortgage future cap.  

this is a Sb roster with or w/o Dhop.  And if you or anyone else feels it's Dhop or bust, it's likely going to be disappointing once he takes the biggest $$$$ offer elsewhere

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

To date, he’s shown that money matters most

And this is why it doesn't bode well for us, despite all the ways we MIGHT be able to make way for him. 

Many teams were trying to trade for him, but he wouldn't restructure his contract from $19.4 million. 

Coming from his camp, he's not willing to take a discount to play for a contender either. He's 31 years old, wouldn't come down from that nearly $20 million number, and now we get to see the bidding war.

It's not impossible, but c'mon. We do this every year, and we got our big money star last year in Von. Not sure we'll pull it off again. 

• Agree 1

Update....See previous post.... Bills made DH a offer on a 2-year deal. Told it was a very good offer with great bonuses etc. but DH wants a few things in the contract that BB doesn't want to include. I asked if he was still in play for KC and he said he doesn't know. Just passing on what I've been told ,,,,,,

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, arcadia bob said:

Update....See previous post.... Bills made DH a offer on a 2-year deal. Told it was a very good offer with great bonuses etc. but DH wants a few things in the contract that BB doesn't want to include. I asked if he was still in play for KC and he said he doesn't know. Just passing on what I've been told ,,,,,,

come on Beane, make it happen!!

”practice is optional” is probably not something Beane wants to include in the contract LOL

in all seriousness, hopefully they are close enough that a compromise can be made by both parties

(if your source is correct)

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.