Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t think you’re being racist either…and I don’t blame you for wanting an apology from that other poster…

But…it is a little telling that your Hopkins takes are so extreme, so bad, so over the top, and so ridiculous that some people are looking for equally extreme reasons to try and figure out how your takes could be this bad.  

So maybe you’re also just being a little bit over the top with your Hopkins bashing crusade too.  

@4merper4mer has a history of being right with his unpopular (at the time) takes.

I don't think it's crazy to not love signing an aging, recently injured and popped for PED's player to a big contract.  There's also always been questions about his practice habits.

Bringing up this issues doesn't warrant the attacks on the poster.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's not what I intended.  Of course, a big play can come anytime in the season, but short-term acquisitions of talent are always done with the late season in mind, not October.  

Its easier to win In October, and if you need Hopkins to win there are other things wrong with your team. 

Happy said the point is not production, which is a season-long thing.  The Hail Murray was great, but when the season came to an end, the Bills were the team to beat, not the Cards.  

When the season came to an end neither the Bills nor the Cardinals were the team to beat

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t think you’re being racist either…and I don’t blame you for wanting an apology from that other poster…

But…it is a little telling that your Hopkins takes are so extreme, so bad, so over the top, and so ridiculous that some people are looking for equally extreme reasons to try and figure out how your takes could be this bad.  

So maybe you’re also just being a little bit over the top with your Hopkins bashing crusade too.  

Ok so I’m not a racist but maybe a racist because “it’s a little telling”. Nice.

WTAF??????  Eff off.

IMO 300 pages on an aging receiver is over the top.  So was whatever the Watt thread page count was back then.  I had the same take,  who knows maybe if JJ does a 23 and me I was racist in that too.  

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

@4merper4mer has a history of being right with his unpopular (at the time) takes.

I don't think it's crazy to not love signing an aging, recently injured and popped for PED's player to a big contract.  There's also always been questions about his practice habits.

Bringing up this issues doesn't warrant the attacks on the poster.

I agree with that, and said he isn’t being racist and is in the right for wanting an apology if anyone is calling him racist for his personal opinion.  

But, also at the same time, shouldn’t be too much of a surprise either that if one is going to go to such extremes and over the top statements like he has, then it is going to sometimes cause others to look for equally extreme reasons as to why, right or wrong.  

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with that, and said he isn’t being racist and is in the right for wanting an apology if anyone is calling him racist for his personal opinion.  

But, also at the same time, shouldn’t be too much of a surprise either that if one is going to go to such extremes and over the top statements like he has, then it is going to sometimes cause others to look for equally extreme reasons as to why, right or wrong.  

Lol, the "over the top" takes that I see have been on the other side.  We're practically planning the SB parade if we get him, I mean we had posters advocating trading everything under the sun for him...  So far it seems the NFL talent evaluators more agree with 4mer

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Because if someone has an opinion that goes against the crowd there must be a deep seeded hidden secret?  Geez.  And if “I caused” him to call me a racist shouldn’t he have done a little due diligence to see if he could find an inkling of racism in any of my thousands of posts?  He should be held to zero standards whatsoever because I have the audacity to disagree with the crowd?  

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ok so I’m not a racist but maybe a racist because “it’s a little telling”. Nice.

WTAF??????  Eff off.

IMO 300 pages on an aging receiver is over the top.  So was whatever the Watt thread page count was back then.  I had the same take,  who knows maybe if JJ does a 23 and me I was racist in that too.  

Huh?  I defended you and said you’re not being racist and are owed an apology from anyone calling you racist.  

And agree, 300 pages was ridiculous, I made fun of that thread a lot too lol.

All I was pointing out is that your posts in this thread and the other have been pretty extreme and over the top exaggerated on the negative opinion you have.  It’s cool to not want to add Hopkins or just not like the guy.  But your comments have at times been pretty ridiculous, inaccurate, and devoid of the real facts about Hopkins.   And when you go that extreme it sometimes prompts people to look for extreme reasons, right or wrong.  And for the record, I think it was wrong to question racial bias…just didn’t surprise me either after this 2 thread crusade full of false facts and over the top negative exaggeration either.  

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Lol, the "over the top" takes that I see have been on the other side.  We're practically planning the SB parade if we get him, I mean had posters advocating trading everything under the sun for him...  So far it seems the NFL talent evaluators more agree with 4mer

I agree with that too.  You’ve definitely got extremes from both sides on the discussion in the two threads, no doubt.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Because if someone has an opinion that goes against the crowd there must be a deep seeded hidden secret?  Geez.  And if “I caused” him to call me a racist shouldn’t he have done a little due diligence to see if he could find an inkling of racism in any of my thousands of posts?  He should be held to zero standards whatsoever because I have the audacity to disagree with the crowd?  

No issue at all with you having a different opinion.  But you repeatedly make exaggerated statements against the facts about his health, suspension, performance, etc. 

And to be fair, that are definitely extremes on the other side of this convo too.  

I would like to sign Hopkins personally because more talent is always something I’m in favor of.  But I also don’t have an issue if someone doesn’t want to.  I also don’t think we must sign him either, I rather like our receiving weapons as of now.  

But…he is 6 months older than Diggs.  So exaggerating his age is pretty silly unless you think Diggs should leave town too because of age.  

He has had one injury in his whole career that caused him to miss more than 1 game, and that was 2021.  In fact he’s only missed 2 other games total in his entire career.  So saying he is injury prone isn’t accurate either.  

His suspension had nothing to do with “roids” either, and you know that yet continue to rant about his “roids” use.  

You think we don’t need him, shouldn’t spend the money on him, or what not is all fine.  Literally changing facts to paint a picture to support your negative bias is over the top and quiet honestly just wasted energy.  And that leads to people from the other extreme sometimes looking for extreme reasons as to why.  

But I don’t have a personal issue with you at all, just find many of your statements on Hopkins to be pretty bad takes in my personal opinion.  Doesn’t make you racist though.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Lol, the "over the top" takes that I see have been on the other side.  We're practically planning the SB parade if we get him, I mean we had posters advocating trading everything under the sun for him...  So far it seems the NFL talent evaluators more agree with 4mer

The NFL talent evaluations lol he's been a free agent for what all of 2 days 

Per a buddy of mine that knows the KC director of player personnel Tim Terry, Hopkins to KC. No idea on any details or if it’s actually a done deal but I know that he knows Terry and he’s never given me a scoop or anything so take it for what it’s worth. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No issue at all with you having a different opinion.  But you repeatedly make exaggerated statements against the facts about his health, suspension, performance, etc. 

And to be fair, that are definitely extremes on the other side of this convo too.  

I would like to sign Hopkins personally because more talent is always something I’m in favor of.  But I also don’t have an issue if someone doesn’t want to.  I also don’t think we must sign him either, I rather like our receiving weapons as of now.  

But…he is 6 months older than Diggs.  So exaggerating his age is pretty silly unless you think Diggs should leave town too because of age.  

He has had one injury in his whole career that caused him to miss more than 1 game, and that was 2021.  In fact he’s only missed 2 other games total in his entire career.  So saying he is injury prone isn’t accurate either.  

His suspension had nothing to do with “roids” either, and you know that yet continue to rant about his “roids” use.  

You think we don’t need him, shouldn’t spend the money on him, or what not is all fine.  Literally changing facts to paint a picture to support your negative bias is over the top and quiet honestly just wasted energy.  And that leads to people from the other extreme sometimes looking for extreme reasons as to why.  

But I don’t have a personal issue with you at all, just find many of your statements on Hopkins to be pretty bad takes in my personal opinion.  Doesn’t make you racist though.  

There is a pernicious tendency today to throw the racism charge around cavalierly. I agree with your assessment of the fella's take on Hopkins, but I also understand his anger over the spurious aspersion cast his way without regard to consequences.  In the academic world its become a means of totalitarian control and ostracization of pretty much any traditional views. (Folks who champion "The Great Books" are deemed morally guilty or at least complicit in oppression and lack of inclusivity.) The popular culture and discourse has become equally toxic and destructive. People's lives are often ruined by implication and innuendo. When some idealogues treat mathematics and grammar as racist impositions, madness has become endemic. Frankly, I think we are at the end of a civilizational cycle. I would like to see the ethos improve, but I'm not expecting it.

• Awesome! (+1) 4

It’s pretty funny that people want to blow Dhop off because of age but are happy with Sherfield and his 60 career catches to push Gabe. I’ll take the aging Dhop over both any day. If you don’t think he gives us a better chance to win this year you are ***** crazy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Per a buddy of mine that knows the KC director of player personnel Tim Terry, Hopkins to KC. No idea on any details or if it’s actually a done deal but I know that he knows Terry and he’s never given me a scoop or anything so take it for what it’s worth. 

If Beane lets this happen, especially considering the Chiefs are in even worse cap shape than we are, he will be gone within 3 years. Book it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

If Beane lets this happen, especially considering the Chiefs are in even worse cap shape than we are, he will be gone within 3 years. Book it.

Definitely deflating and disappointing if this rumor is true.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.