Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

Allen & Diggs are the engine of the offense, from a skill player standpoint. The rest are like upgrades installed to maximize the performance of the engine. 

Signing D-hop would be like a motor swap and moving all of our upgrades from a 350 small block to a big block 454 lol.  Now that turbocharger you bought during the draft to "help keep up" is sending you bus lengths into the lead. 

I'm hopeful Bean does whatever can be done to make this happen. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is it soup yet? 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

Allen & Diggs are the engine of the offense, from a skill player standpoint. The rest are like upgrades installed to maximize the performance of the engine. 

Signing D-hop would be like a motor swap and moving all of our upgrades from a 350 small block to a big block 454 lol.  Now that turbocharger you bought during the draft to "help keep up" is sending you bus lengths into the lead. 

I'm hopeful Bean does whatever can be done to make this happen. 

Was going to give you a Lombardi for the analogy, but somehow could not resist the beer emoji.

27 minutes ago, astb41 said:

Well it’s all coming together. The only number available on the bills roster for Hopkins is 6. Guess what number he was in college???? 🤩

More like Shakir will be wearing number 6 after he politely gives his number 10 jersey to Hopkins!👍

I don’t think he’ll be a Bill or a Chief for that matter. Article on PFT says he’s looking to get a big pay day still, so I expect him to go to somebody like the Cowboys or Lions who feel they are on the cusp themselves, or a team with a young QB who needs reliable weapons, like Chicago or Carolina.

I’m not faulting the guy for it, this is likely his last opportunity to get that kind of money in his lifetime. I actually think the guys who take “team friendly deals” are the crazy ones, especially when the teams generally show no loyalty to the players the moment their performance slips in any way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I don’t think he’ll be a Bill or a Chief for that matter. Article on PFT says he’s looking to get a big pay day still, so I expect him to go to somebody like the Cowboys or Lions who feel they are on the cusp themselves, or a team with a young QB who needs reliable weapons, like Chicago or Carolina.

I’m not faulting the guy for it, this is likely his last opportunity to get that kind of money in his lifetime. I actually think the guys who take “team friendly deals” are the crazy ones, especially when the teams generally show no loyalty to the players the moment their performance slips in any way.

Despire the fact that I love your name, I don't agree with this.

Once a person has made 20 or 30 million they and their family for a long time to come should be set.

If anyone hear won $20 million in the lottery we wouldn't even dream that we — and our family — needed more money. That's the biggest lie in pro sports, that you need more money than that to be very, very, very comfortable.

In the old days when Guy LaFleur and Gilbert Perrault made $100,000 a year, yeah, I can see that, but not when someone's made $40 million over a few years. A smart financial advisor should turn that into a passive income generator for generations. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Florio’s articles should be taken with a grain of salt

But, offering the same deal OBJ got:  1 year 15 mil with only a 3.5 mil hit this year and void years is certainly doable….

personally, I’d prefer to get him for 2-3 years. Not sure what Beane’s stance would be considering Gabe Davis

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Once a person has made 20 or 30 million they and their family for a long time to come should be set.

If anyone hear won $20 million in the lottery we wouldn't even dream that we — and our family — needed more money. That's the biggest lie in pro sports, that you need more money than that to be very, very, very comfortable.

In the old days when Guy LaFleur and Gilbert Perrault made $100,000 a year, yeah, I can see that, but not when someone's made $40 million over a few years. A smart financial advisor should turn that into a passive income generator for generations. 

You will never become a minority owner of the Las Vegas Raiders with this attitude.

• Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Florio’s articles should be taken with a grain of salt

But, offering the same deal OBJ got:  1 year 15 mil with only a 3.5 mil hit this year and void years is certainly doable….

personally, I’d prefer to get him for 2-3 years. Not sure what Beane’s stance would be considering Gabe Davis

If it’s about the money… another team will find a way to offer more… and this could still be a contender like say the Lions …

Surely he thinks he is worth more than OBJ..

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is going to be a major letdown if they don’t get him. 

It seems they want him but don’t want to risk future cap to get him.

Beane needs to understand Poyer, Hyde, Miller, and Diggs are not just starting their careers. They’re getting older. Go for it now!!!

I wouldn’t say major letdown but it would be a bummer.  I would like to have him but money is going to be too tight imo.  Very rarely do guys walk away from the most guaranteed money which somebody will offer him.   I can Detroit or Seattle making a move. 

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If it’s about the money… another team will find a way to offer more… and this could still be a contender like say the Lions …

Surely he thinks he is worth more than OBJ..

He likely is worth more than OBJ, but given a few factors, I’d think offering him the same deal would be fair for both sides.

1 for 15 with 3.5 mil cap hit and void years

2 for 30 with 6 mil cap hit and void years

6 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Again, just me personally, but if I’m in that position where I’m one of the best to ever do it like D Hop, I want to walk away with as much $$$ as possible, so I can keep building a financial empire of my own, and then maybe one day my kids or grandkids are owning a team while somebody else is putting there body and well being on the line for my entertainment and financial gain.

I’m not saying $40 million isn’t enough, it obviously should be for any sane person, but it depends on what that person wants to accomplish in their post football career.

Plus with what we know about CTE, I don’t think there is ever “enough” in football, hard to put a price on your greatly increased odds for early onset dementia. I’d gladly take as much as somebody is willing to pay when the collateral damage might be my head and time with family down the road.

Either way, I think D Hop puts the bag before a Lombardi and cashes in while he still can.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mynamemike said:

I wouldn’t say major letdown but it would be a bummer.  I would like to have him but money is going to be too tight imo.  Very rarely do guys walk away from the most guaranteed money which somebody will offer him.   I can Detroit or Seattle making a move. 

Seattle? They have Metcalf, Lockett and JSN

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He likely is worth more than OBJ, but given a few factors, I’d think offering him the same deal would be fair for both sides.

1 for 15 with 3.5 mil cap hit and void years

2 for 30 with 6 mil cap hit and void years

He will get more than OBJ is my prediction …

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.