Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

IMO....and my apologies if this has been hit on already...

The Bills make sense because the team is pushing to win the first Lombardi.  You don't think about the next one till you get the first one.  The Bills are up agasint the cap....but as is known....you can simply sign a guy to a big bonus with tiny salaries and kick that can.

The Bills are already leveraged to win last year, and this year...and the reset is coming soon regardless...so adding some more CAP to have to deal with in a year or 2 isn't really going to matter.  

I also do think the Bills WR corps isn't some great unit on the whole.  Hopkins is an instant upgrade.  

Also...If Hopkins is actually about the money, he'll end up somewhere esle....like New England.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

IMO....and my apologies if this has been hit on already...

The Bills make sense because the team is pushing to win the first Lombardi.  You don't think about the next one till you get the first one.  The Bills are up agasint the cap....but as is known....you can simply sign a guy to a big bonus with tiny salaries and kick that can.

The Bills are already leveraged to win last year, and this year...and the reset is coming soon regardless...so adding some more CAP to have to deal with in a year or 2 isn't really going to matter.  

I also do think the Bills WR corps isn't some great unit on the whole.  Hopkins is an instant upgrade.  

Also...If Hopkins is actually about the money, he'll end up somewhere esle....like New England.

For sure.  This is a no brainer for Beane.  Just have to hope another team isn’t willing to pay big bucks. I could see Detroit bucking up for him 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Beane will absolutely find a way to make this happen.

I think he CAN, if he really wants to. DHop has to be reasonable, and Beane has to see it as a nice fit. I like it as an option, and curious to see how it goes. You won’t have to talk me off a ledge if it doesn’t happen, but it is intriguing.

I like the guys we have, and I have higher hopes for Gabe Davis this season than many, but it seems someone is always hurt. I don’t want a huge drop off. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Blank Stare said:

Awww. That’s so cute. Only way he’s going there is if all he cares about is money. Bill O’Brien is there as OC and they aren’t on the best of terms from the Texans trade. Unless they’ve patched it up. Even then it would only be about the money. 

And even if he DOES care about the money, he's getting 22 mil not to play for Arizona, so he can afford to play somewhere cheap.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.