Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

Just watched Around the Horn, and when they talked possible landing spots for Hopkins, no one even mentioned the Bills....they brought up the Cowboys, Chiefs, Patriots, but no Bills....won’t they be surprised when he becomes a Buffalo Bill

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

and with that overly simplistic mindset, Beane should have spent all this "potential dhop $" on improving RT, LG, and RG in FA.  

instead he upgraded our guards, and found supporting options.  This is a better team already, on paper, than LY.  It's not supporting Gabe vs Josh, it's understanding this isn't the last year of the NFL and Beane is wisely considering future salary cap impications/roster build.

Beane has failed to solidify both sides of the lines. The oline has been problematic for years now. Giving Beane props this year almost seems too little too late. Besides do we really know if this moves will produce positive results? 

The Dline looks really thin and Beane's misses are glaring. Relaying on a aging Von Miller coming off a serious injury doesn't exude confidence. 

Bottom line is Beane didn't do enough when Allen was on his rookie contract. That was the optimal time to thrive and upgrade the trenches and offensive weapons. KC did it, Cinci did it, Philly did it, Jags did it, Miami did it, etc...Beane didn't do it. No one seems to get this point. 

Will Dhop help Buffalo? Absolutely! Is he the missing piece? Who knows? 

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I really think it’ll be between Chiefs and Bills unless someone throws stupid money at him.

When it comes to most targets, more money, and championship odds it’s hard not to come away thinking Chiefs may be the top landing spot. 

I agree and they are pretty thin at WR too. The Chiefs make the most sense. Dhop in a Chiefs uniform makes them instantly better. That's pretty daunting...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

Just watched Around the Horn, and when they talked possible landing spots for Hopkins, no one even mentioned the Bills....they brought up the Cowboys, Chiefs, Patriots, but no Bills....won’t they be surprised when he becomes a Buffalo Bill

Patriots? Like he wants Mccorkle throwing to him and last place in the AFC East.

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

One of the guys did mention the Bills as an interesting spot, but he also said he hopes New England goes after him.

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

I keep checking Bills website fir a Bills undercover video showing Von practicing his gm moves while he works out a deal for D Hop to sign a 1 yr deal.  DHop can get his ring with the Bills and will have big $$ offered next year if he wants more than we could pay.

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Beane has failed to solidify both sides of the lines. The oline has been problematic for years now. Giving Beane props this year almost seems too little too late. Besides do we really know if this moves will produce positive results? 

The Dline looks really thin and Beane's misses are glaring. Relaying on a aging Von Miller coming off a serious injury doesn't exude confidence. 

Bottom line is Beane didn't do enough when Allen was on his rookie contract. That was the optimal time to thrive and upgrade the trenches and offensive weapons. KC did it, Cinci did it, Philly did it, Jags did it, Miami did it, etc...Beane didn't do it. No one seems to get this point. 

I agree and they are pretty thin at WR too. The Chiefs make the most sense. Dhop in a Chiefs uniform makes them instantly better. That's pretty daunting...

You never stop regurgitating the same things over and over and over and over and over and over in every thread.  

Hobbies are nice

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I didn't say Davis was the only reason. But he failed to make a few plays that would have earned us the #1 seed. He dropped a pass against the Bengals that was our last hope of at least staying in the game. And now there is an obvious upgrade available. Think about what you're saying here - your argument is that because the team has multiple problems, we shouldnt bother trying to fix one of them? That doesn't make any sense at all.

What I'm saying is that Hopkins isn't going to be free and while the team can finagle some money for him I'd rather that money be spent towards other, bigger, problems.

I also don't think Hopkins is as good as he was and what people have in their heads isn't what's going to be the actual Hopkins that arrives.  Hence, the actual upgrade won't be that big.  I can think of other ways to spend that money.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

While I agree the money will talk in this one, I have no doubt he will take less if the highest offer comes from the Patriots. I think the Jets, Bills and Chiefs are frontrunners. Maybe even the Browns if they can create some space

30 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

DHOP in a chiefs uniform makes them instantly better? Well yeah. Is there a team DHOP could sign with where he wouldn’t make the team better?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.