Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

Shaq didn’t play with Hop, but both are in Clemson often.  I’m sure they’ve crossed paths quite a bit.

Im pretty sure Hop is in Clemson right now actually.  His IG story is at a farmers market about 10 minutes from the university. 

Edited by SCBills

12 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

While I definitely agree with you, I believe the person who will benefit most from DHop is Davis. It puts him back at #3 where he is the most dangerous.

Case in point, the KC playoff game.

Agreed. That is the point many are missing. Its not just we dont need another WR bc we have a bunch of decent guys. Its what he does to the WR room. He makes every other guy better just because of the attention he will require. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

FWIW....KC has no cap space (as most of you know)  

They could free up a chunk whenever they resign Chris Jones.  HOWEVER, he's waiting for Quenin Williams to be done so that he can be 2nd highest paid DT in NFL (Behind Aaron Donald)  Williams deal isn't getting done soon...and so KC isn't going to have cap space anytime soon IF they were interested.  

I do not think, for the price, KC will be in the market.  Hopkins would have to cost about 3-4 million for it to work in KC and he isn't going to be that cheap.  

Despite the insanity of Chiefs twitter today all about this.....he isn't going to be a Chief.  Maybe a Charger...but not a Chief....take that to the bank.

Welp… I suppose I’ll spend all Memorial Day Weekend dreading any headlines that say “We’ve agreed to terms with Quinnen Williams…”

Beane needs to make this happen. When you have a guy of his caliber that wants to come here, get it done. Kincaid is a rookie, and we don’t really know what we’re going to get from Davis. Dhop put up big numbers after that suspension with scrubs throwing him the ball after Murray got hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If this happens, Davis will have his snaps significantly cut.  They aren’t having Kincaid on the sidelines a lot.  DHop and Diggs on the outside.  

Davis becomes WR#3 where he will excel.

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Jets have been run incredibly well the last two years.

I don't love the Rodgers move, but I think that was an ownership decision. Their other moves have been fantastic.

I'd agree that they drafted well last year. But all the moves they made due to that ownership decision to bring Rodgers in (basically turning into Packers East Coast) on offense was very short sighted. They look to have overpaid for Lazard to make Aaron happy. Got older at the skill positions and tied up a lot of money to do it. They are VERY fortunate to get Rodgers at such a low price this year....but next year they are in a situation and will have A Williams new contract on the books as well. 

They are basically saying "we have 1 year to win it all". And they pushed all on with the Chiefs, Bengals and Bills still closer then they are. Saleh is talking a HUGE game right now by putting the Jets on the same level as those teams just because they traded for a 40 year old QB who won 8 games last year and missed the playoffs by losing a home game in the last week to the Lions. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Davis becomes WR#3 where he will excel.

People keep saying WR3....what does that mean to you specifically?

Because Davis isn't playing the slot, which means if we have our top 3 on the field that puts either Diggs or Dhop in the slot.   Which to me, is a waste of resources.  That's where Kincaid and Shakir will split reps.

So basically Wr3 means backup/limited snaps, is that what you mean?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'd agree that they drafted well last year. But all the moves they made due to that ownership decision to bring Rodgers in (basically turning into Packers East Coast) on offense was very short sighted. They look to have overpaid for Lazard to make Aaron happy. Got older at the skill positions and tied up a lot of money to do it. They are VERY fortunate to get Rodgers at such a low price this year....but next year they are in a situation and will have A Williams new contract on the books as well. 

They are basically saying "we have 1 year to win it all". And they pushed all on with the Chiefs, Bengals and Bills still closer then they are. Saleh is talking a HUGE game right now by putting the Jets on the same level as those teams just because they traded for a 40 year old QB who won 8 games last year and missed the playoffs by losing a home game in the last week to the Lions. 

coach salad is a joke. calling it now- rogers is going to get coach potato salad fired after the team fails to live up to hype, and then rogers will lobby to get hid buddy coach-cant-hackett hired. after one year with hackett, rogers is going to retire. they are just taking the most round about way to getting to square 1 again.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If this happens, Davis will have his snaps significantly cut.  They aren’t having Kincaid on the sidelines a lot.  DHop and Diggs on the outside.  

Exactly.  Which makes no sense at this point.  Basically relegates Davis to a glorified backup, and no chance of signing him long term (which would contradict what Beane has said).

If we're looking to spend big $$$s still, it would be better used at a position of weakness, ie: possibly RT, improving pass rush

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.