Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

This is shocking. Their GM & leadership should be BLASTED for allowing this to happen & getting nothing in return. 

Great for him though, he'll get to pick his team. Unfortunately, this lessens the Bills chances of making this happen. Sure, he would LIKE to go to a contender, but money talks. Remember JJ Watt? Everyone had a list of contenders he could help, then he surprised everyone & went to the Cards.

Actually, it is the former GM who should be blasted for signing him to an untradable contract.  Speaking of said former GM, Steve Keim, I remember a couple of times when a bunch of posters were praising his moves over Beane's: 1st time: Beane gave up so much more to trade up for Allen than Keim gave up for Rosen.  2nd time: Beane gave up so much more to trade for Diggs than Keim gave up for Hopkins.   Verdict: Beane 2 Naysayers 0.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think adding him makes any sense for most teams though. He's older and he's going to be expensive. The teams that can most afford to pay him are not really in their Super Bowl window. The one wild card I could see is the Lions maybe.

Hopkins had his “go to a young team and make them into a playoff team” saga already. He ain’t signing with anyone without a good chance at a ring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

This is shocking. Their GM & leadership should be BLASTED for allowing this to happen & getting nothing in return. 

Great for him though, he'll get to pick his team. Unfortunately, this lessens the Bills chances of making this happen. Sure, he would LIKE to go to a contender, but money talks. Remember JJ Watt? Everyone had a list of contenders he could help, then he surprised everyone & went to the Cards.

Nobody wanted his cap hit. It’s possible the best move available for the Cardinals (if he is disgruntled and was going to be a big distraction this year) was to eat his cap hit this year when they weren’t going to be very good anyway and move on. 

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I think pinning Davis with them missing out on the one seed is a little over the top as well and frankly its deliberately turning a blind eye to the bigger problems the team had which were not WR issues.

I didn't say Davis was the only reason. But he failed to make a few plays that would have earned us the #1 seed. He dropped a pass against the Bengals that was our last hope of at least staying in the game. And now there is an obvious upgrade available. Think about what you're saying here - your argument is that because the team has multiple problems, we shouldnt bother trying to fix one of them? That doesn't make any sense at all.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Hopkins had his “go to a young team and make them into a playoff team” saga already. He ain’t signing with anyone without a good chance at a ring.

It’s us, KC, or Dallas at this point. And that’s from zero evidence or facts. So it could be the bears, or the XFL. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Just saw DHop at the McDonalds on Genesee 👀

I just saw him in Albany.  I think he's planning on playing indoor football tomorrow with Antonio Brown, giving the Albany Empire the greatest WR duo in arenaball history.  

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.