Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

Now that he is a free agent, I think you should take all his comments about where he wants to play, with what QBs, and that money is not the issue with a grain of salt.  In the end, it will be about the money, just like it was with OBJ.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Bills have to get this done. 

We know he wants to come here .. and while he has mentioned other options .. I’m sorry, the fact he mentions Buffalo/Allen so frequently and always first when asked, means something. 

We have, hopefully/potentially, two more high level years from Diggs, Von, Tre, Hyde & Poyer.   Maybe more, maybe less, but hopefully we can get two more years like that with all five together. 

Then we will be looking at, not rebuilding, but retooling the roster a good bit.  

Add Hopkins to the mix.  Kincaid may be the future, but we don’t have to count on a rookie, in this Super Bowl window, by making an obvious move. 

If it’s about money, and he signs with some random team, so be it … but if he’s down to Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, Jets etc…

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We know Hopkins wants to be here so that gives us a chance. Beane will have to work some magic but I really think we can make this happen.

He'll find a creative way for a 2 year deal. It will involve some more restructures.  This is the WR2 we've been waiting for.  Maybe he'll take less also?

31 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

To make this happen the Bills trade Ed Oliver? 

What realistic trades or cuts would need to happen??

Wouldn't necessarily have to cut or trade anybody if you have a couple contracts that can be restructured. Can't assume anybody would take Oliver and his contract, and that would just create another roster need. 

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Don't rule out the Jets. They are also in win now mode and having Rodgers as the QB makes them a decent option.

Aren't the Jets having issues getting Quinnen Williams signed?  Given that and their current WRs Dhop to the Jets would surprise me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.