A really good read on Damien Harris

PrimeTime101

I think this is the best Bills backfield since we had Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch as a tandem.

If Damien Harris stays healthy and our new guards play well, I think our offense will have a new level of physicality and we won't need to depend on Josh running as much 

• Like (+1) 3

I agree, but as far as health we don’t have to run Harris or Murray into the ground.  Cool and maybe Hines with an off season will be impactful as they showed lots of glimpses.

I don’t want to underestimate what this team could look like without turnstiles for Guards.  McGovern and Mount O Cyrus could be exactly what we needed as Brown has finally an off season with no COVID, no final college season, no neck and back injuries, so let’s pray he uses that raw power with what Kroger is teaching him to make a stellar line.  It’s possible.

as Jimmy Conway said in Goodfellas, “It’s gonna be a good summa!”

• Like (+1) 3

I clicked on that story and went to the "related video" with Greg Cosell had some very interesting comments on our new potential MLB Dorian Williams. He said he liked the tape on him and the pick.  Mentioned we moved on from Tremaine Edmonds who was large and targeted a smaller quicker replacement as in Williams.  Interesting, I wonder if that is all true and the was actually the Bill strategy of how it just worked out.

If he stays healthy, he makes a difference. Simple as that. 

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I clicked on that story and went to the "related video" with Greg Cosell had some very interesting comments on our new potential MLB Dorian Williams. He said he liked the tape on him and the pick.  Mentioned we moved on from Tremaine Edmonds who was large and targeted a smaller quicker replacement as in Williams.  Interesting, I wonder if that is all true and the was actually the Bill strategy of how it just worked out.

Smaller, quicker, and twice the instincts. McD will defer to the veterans on the depth chart in the offseason like he always does, but come game one, I expect Williams will he the starting mike next to Milano.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

He's a good dude. Probably could have been drafted earlier if he came out a year earlier but stayed because he wanted to be the senior RB for Alabama and a team captain.

Natural leader who plays the right way and does the right things off the field because it's the right thing.

Obviously all of that is irrelevant if he can't play ball, but when you can play ball and do those things it can have a net positive effect on the locker room.

Glad he's a Bill.

5 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

I don't need to read how he crippled my fantasy teams one year lol

lol

6 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

He's a good dude. Probably could have been drafted earlier if he came out a year earlier but stayed because he wanted to be the senior RB for Alabama and a team captain.

Natural leader who plays the right way and does the right things off the field because it's the right thing.

Obviously all of that is irrelevant if he can't play ball, but when you can play ball and do those things it can have a net positive effect on the locker room.

Glad he's a Bill.

100% agree

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If he stays healthy, he makes a difference. Simple as that. 

Smaller, quicker, and twice the instincts. McD will defer to the veterans on the depth chart in the offseason like he always does, but come game one, I expect Williams will he the starting mike next to Milano.

Beane went out of his way earlier talking about Williams that he played some MLB in college but MLB calls the defensive assignments and will have a lot to learn a lot.   It will come down to how smart and motivated Williams is, from what I know of him and heard him, he is smart and highly motivated.

I wonder if Cosell's comments were accurate and if the Bills moved on from Tremaine and had targeted Williams as an heir apparent.  If so, bills got very lucky in this draft with the top 3 picks.

With the addition of Harris, the improvements to the line, and Cook coming into his 2nd year - I think people are going to be shocked at how improved our run game is. I think we'll win a few games based more on running than passing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Success said:

With the addition of Harris, the improvements to the line, and Cook coming into his 2nd year - I think people are going to be shocked at how improved our run game is. I think we'll win a few games based more on running than passing.

I agree,  and you know what opens up when the run game gets better? Better passing game. 

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Success said:

As long as Josh isn’t our best running option especially in short yardage I’ll be happy as a clam.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Beane went out of his way earlier talking about Williams that he played some MLB in college but MLB calls the defensive assignments and will have a lot to learn a lot.   It will come down to how smart and motivated Williams is, from what I know of him and heard him, he is smart and highly motivated.

I wonder if Cosell's comments were accurate and if the Bills moved on from Tremaine and had targeted Williams as an heir apparent.  If so, bills got very lucky in this draft with the top 3 picks.

Tulane's acceptance rate is below 10% so not too worried about his intelligence, even if they lowered the standards for athletes.

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

@TheWeatherMan

Oh how cute, you are trolling me with laughs on my posts. so cute. 

Hilarious.  

I bet if you go through my post history and look at the eye roll emojis-  out of maybe 500 total eye rolls, 475 of them would be him.

• Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Tulane's acceptance rate is below 10% so not too worried about his intelligence, even if they lowered the standards for athletes.

I went to graduate school there, it is not a sports driven division 1 school but great athletes are certainly given some leeway but it is not like a "sports"  degree from LSU or Georgia.

In interviews he sounds very intelligent and his story about the Bills mafia buying him lunch is tremendous.  Apparently he was at a restaurant and some Bills fans paid for his meal saying someday he might be a part of the Bills.   Random fans picking up Tulane athlete tabs doesn't happen very often.  What a great story.  I would love to know what restaurant he was at.

• Like (+1) 2

Just keeping him off the Pats/Jets/Fish is a win as far as I’m concerned. 

The dude just abused us every time he played against us. 

He can ride the pine all year and I won’t GAF as long as I don’t see him running over our D play after play. 

Edited by DaggersEOD
Auto “correct”

6 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Of the 3 years he played meaningful time, you want to discount 2 of them?  Okay let’s look at his one WOW season 2021:  202/929 avg 4.6.  Guess who also averaged 4.6 YPC in 2021?  Yep, Motor did and it was a below average season (career avg is 4.7 YPC).  James Cook as the Bills #2 RB averaged 4.7 YPC on over 500 yards. Statistically speaking, Harris is a downgrade from Motor in both the running and passing attack, and he struggles to stay healthy.  I’m failing to see anything to be “wow”d about or a reason to think we shouldn’t sleep on him.  IMHO James Cook is our clear #1 and I don’t see much separation between Murray and Harris for #2. 

YPC isn't a good barometer of RB talent.  If it was, we'd have to conclude that Motor was a better back than Joe Cribbs, Fred Jackson, Cookie Gilchrist, Shady McCoy, Thurman Thomas, and any other RB who suited up for the Bills over the past sixty-something years other than OJ.  He wasn't.

The Bills O had only one cannon in Motor's years and that was Josh Allen.  And defenses lined up to stop that one cannon.  How many yards did Motor get against Nickel and Dime defenses?  How many times did linebackers start dropping into zone coverage on plays where Josh ended up handing off to Motor?   When you line up as RB for the Josh Allen-led Buffalo Bills, you're an afterthought.  Defenses don't care about you.  Motor wasn't even our most fearsome runner.  When Josh and Motor set up in the backfield together, defenses were more worried about Josh running than Motor.  

For the past three years, Harris played in a far more balanced offense.  Defenses actually respected the Pats run game.  They didn't much respect NE's passing attack.  So Harris didn't run against the same defenses that Motor did.  Not even close.  

Furthermore, Harris is a different kind of back than Motor.  Harris is strong up the middle and that's something we've needed.  And he's got some speed, too, and a bit of elusiveness. 

Harris was a great signing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.