A really good read on Damien Harris

PrimeTime101

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bills-rb-damien-harris-the-stars-just-aligned-to-sign-with-buffalo/ar-AA1bGbEE?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=195e4175e00d412499a7d57e37bfe848&ei=11

"" feel like the stars just aligned," Harris said on One Bills Live. "I say that with all the history I have here

in Orchard Park, not having to go too far, staying in the division. You know, it almost felt like the stars just

aligned for me to be here. Once the deal was done, I felt very fortunate to be joining another great organization."

"I'm familiar with all the teams in our division, playing against these teams multiple times," Harris said.

"I definitely think that factored into what brought me here. We keep going back to it but the familiarity

with me playing here, playing against the Bills and just how those games went and how I played and so

on and so forth. I think that all of that together was all a part of the plan and ultimately led me here."

Don't sleep on Harris :D 

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

I'm very excited to see our backfield with him and Cook. Just hope he can stay healthy.

I am actually shocked at his numbers. Take out his 2 unhealthy year.. and just focus on 2021. His PFF numbers were in the TEENS. If he gets back to that form? wow...

With a really nice one year prove it and we will take care of you type of deal? We should see Harris's 1000% out there. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

As a bama hater, I’ve always hated Harris.  Then he goes to the pats and saves his best games for the Bills. More hate!!  

that said, I think he’s a perfect compliment to cook.  There are better backs for sure, but for the price and the style he plays, I think we hit a home run with his downhill ability.  Just stay healthy. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

I have had very few players I liked on in division teams. 
Always been a fan of Gesicki and of course he jumped from one rival to another. 
I liked Edelmans game despite him being a pretty big villain on here. 
I like a lot of the Jets recent draft picks.. 
Harris was high on the list as well. Just absolutely punished Buffalos defense multiple times. You got to respect a runner like him who has some finesse but also the ability to just run people over. I didn’t think he would even be a possibility for Buffalo so I’m very excited to see him establish a role in the offense. Health is obviously his biggest issue but he’s clearly not the centerpiece to the run game like he was in New England sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

As a bama hater, I’ve always hated Harris.  Then he goes to the pats and saves his best games for the Bills. More hate!!  

that said, I think he’s a perfect compliment to cook.  There are better backs for sure, but for the price and the style he plays, I think we hit a home run with his downhill ability.  Just stay healthy. 

to the bolded. is this so much to ask? 

I was high on him the year he was drafted as felt he was under used at Alabama and felt he be a better pro. Injuries are about the only thing that to me has held him back, hopefully he puts them behind him this and adds to a running game that hope to be much improved this season. 

54 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am actually shocked at his numbers. Take out his 2 unhealthy year.. and just focus on 2021. His PFF numbers were in the TEENS. If he gets back to that form? wow...

With a really nice one year prove it and we will take care of you type of deal? We should see Harris's 1000% out there. 

Of the 3 years he played meaningful time, you want to discount 2 of them?  Okay let’s look at his one WOW season 2021:  202/929 avg 4.6.  Guess who also averaged 4.6 YPC in 2021?  Yep, Motor did and it was a below average season (career avg is 4.7 YPC).  James Cook as the Bills #2 RB averaged 4.7 YPC on over 500 yards. Statistically speaking, Harris is a downgrade from Motor in both the running and passing attack, and he struggles to stay healthy.  I’m failing to see anything to be “wow”d about or a reason to think we shouldn’t sleep on him.  IMHO James Cook is our clear #1 and I don’t see much separation between Murray and Harris for #2. 

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

i mean seriously, it is sad that the only mark against him is that he has missed significant time do to injury. Bad luck or injury prone?

I don’t recall the nature of his injuries, but he was healthy for the most part in college iirc.  I think it’s great that health is the only

mark against him.  1.77M 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Of the 3 years he played meaningful time, you want to discount 2 of them?  Okay let’s look at his one WOW season 2021:  202/929 avg 4.6.  Guess who also averaged 4.6 YPC in 2021?  Yep, Motor did and it was a below average season (career avg is 4.7 YPC).  James Cook as the Bills #2 RB averaged 4.7 YPC on over 500 yards. Statistically speaking, Harris is a downgrade from Motor in both the running and passing attack, and he struggles to stay healthy.  I’m failing to see anything to be “wow”d about or a reason to think we shouldn’t sleep on him.  IMHO James Cook is our clear #1 and I don’t see much separation between Murray and Harris for #2. 

I did not say discount. I said, lets look at his good year he had. First year and last year he was riddled with injuries.  You going to ignore the fact that he missed 12 games concerning the 2 years I am refering to ? and how he talked about, especially last year not getting to 100%?

Did anyone say he should be our #1 guy? You just like putting words into peoples mouths don't you? 

Motor never had ONE year as good as Harris had per pff. 

Edited by PrimeTime101

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I did not say discount. I said, lets look at his good year he had. First year and last year he was riddled with injuries.  You going to ignore the fact that he missed 12 games concerning the 2 years I am refering to ? and how he talked about, especially last year not getting to 100%?

Did anyone say he should be our #1 guy? You just like putting words into peoples mouths don't you? 

You lost me at “per PFF”.  

10 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Didn’t take long to figure out who you were talking about. Do yourself a favor and put him on ignore.  No reason to waste your time with that bro. 

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I agree, I think Cook will be our #1. The real question is "Will Harris be better able to spell Cook and pick up short yardage than Z.Moss was?". I think the answer is clear here as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.