Josh Allen is number 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is a disturbing little stat, but there does seem to be some context missing. The Bills have a much better three-year record than the other three. Does this stat include playoff games? And how many of these games were wins, or losses? 

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is a much more striking and interesting stat then the one to kick off this thread.  It's just another example of Allen being a unicorn when it comes to judging him by using conventional stats.  The guy is still blowing up all of mathematics!

And I would argue that the offensive talent (skill players & O line) on these three teams is better then the Bills. 

Someone at NFL Live still needed to be right about Allen being a bad QB/draft pick.  Wonder if they are friends with Ramsey.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That's a bad stat, however, be good to know if it means games that were 1 score at the time of the turnover or 1 score games at the end?

Could be a good stat. Could show that even if he makes some mistakes he helps keep the team in it...

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Judas Priest, this crap gets old.  What has the Bills regular season and playoff record been the last 3 seasons:

Regular season = 37 - 12

Playoffs = 4 - 3

Show me a stat that actually matters not one that can be used as a backdoor jab at Allen.

Josh Allen is getting the label as not a big game player in the NFL playoffs. As a Buffalo Bills fan I think it’s early to label Josh Allen with that yet. I put more of the blame on Bills head coach Sean McDermott and Bills owner Terry Pegula neither one can run a lemonade stand both incompetent leaders that are lacking. Again I want to be wrong and admit on this board I was way wrong unfortunately I am not wrong which sucks as a Bills fan. Big weekend Buffalo sports fans the 2022-23 Buffalo Bandits can be NLL Champions Cup world champions by Monday night if all goes well in my opinion. Go Bandits! Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Have we reached some alternative reality here?   Having a lot of turnovers is not a "good" stat.  No one accused Aaron Rogers of playing it safe when he had 7 and 4 turnovers in 2020 and 2021. This is not a single data point, Allen also led the league in turnovers last year. Nor was it only when the Bills were losing, it is not a good idea to throw it up for grabs when your team is up  17 - 0 in a playoff game.

Allen is a great QB but there's a lot of evidence that he was very sloppy with the ball last year.  There was plenty of bad decision making.  Hopefully much of it was due to the UCL injury, rookie OC, and bad o-line but a lot of it is on him and he has to clean this up. 

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Now imagine how many points we would score if he cut down on that even by 15 or 20%?

We would literally be unstoppable.

This is hardly a newsflash to Josh.  I'm sure he’s well aware he’s been a little reckless on certain plays and he's hinted in several interviews that it's time to tone it down some.  Usually when you're basically told to " do it all" you take risks. I blame the coaches and lack of support (OL, WR2, run game) as much as Josh.  This is not all on him.

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Did you purposefully leave out the next graphic that went along with this tweet that Josh has a winning record with an almost .600 win % in those very same 1 score games the past 3 years?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh Allen's biggest weakness has always been trying to do too much when the team around him isn't performing.

-  It was the primary reason his stats weren't great in college (everyone else on Wyoming was terrible).

-  It was an issue during his first few years in the NFL, and got national attention in his first playoff loss against the Texans.

-  Even after his breakout season, there are still stretches every year where the offense slumps and his turnovers are again a problem.

If defenses can successfully take Stefon Diggs out of the game with double-coverage, and then get consistent pressure up-front... that's when our QB tends to get antsy and starts putting too much on his own shoulders.

It's pretty clear Allen needs to have quick/check-down receivers to help avoid those situations.  Losing Cole Beasley was huge last year, and the impact cannot be overestimated.  Hopefully Dalton Kincaid and Deonte Harty can be the solution.  If the O-Line plays better this season, that would also be a tremendous help.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh Allen has 38 total INT's over the last 3 full seasons with 133 touchdowns.  This is a cherry picked stat to make him look controversial.  And the 38 turnovers include his fumbles.

Bottom line, the only thing this is evident to is that in the last 3 years Josh Allen and the Bills have played in 20 games that ended in 1 score where Allen was often called upon to be Superman and carry the team both rushing and throwing.  

Plus, Josh Allen has a winning record close to .600% over those 20 games and all without a quality OL, consistent run game, and a change at OC.  And several of the 1 score losses the defense didn't get the job done once Allen gave them a lead.  

So personally...just loathe these cherry picked stats to try and paint a negative narrative while ignoring to over whelming positives.  Josh Allen himself will tell anyone he has to clean the turnovers up, but there is a lot more good than bad with Allen and he is as good as anyone in the league.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

Josh Allen is getting the label as not a big game player in the NFL playoffs. As a Buffalo Bills fan I think it’s early to label Josh Allen with that yet. I put more of the blame on Bills head coach Sean McDermott and Bills owner Terry Pegula neither one can run a lemonade stand both incompetent leaders that are lacking. Again I want to be wrong and admit on this board I was way wrong unfortunately I am not wrong which sucks as a Bills fan. Big weekend Buffalo sports fans the 2022-23 Buffalo Bandits can be NLL Champions Cup world champions by Monday night if all goes well in my opinion. Go Bandits! Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Well anyone giving Allen that label after his 2021 playoff performances is an idiot.

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Now imagine how many points we would score if he cut down on that even by 15 or 20%?

We would literally be unstoppable.

That's like saying if humans had wings, we would all fly high.

1 hour ago, I am leaving for good said:

Pretty ridiculous since going into last year's playoffs he had the highest QB Rating of all time in the postseason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.