Josh Allen is number 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

That's a bad stat, however, be good to know if it means games that were 1 score at the time of the turnover or 1 score games at the end?

Someone posted a record of 13-10 in those games. Not sure how accurate it is. It’s definitely something he needs to clean up.

Bad OL up to this point. One elite level player on offense with him (Diggs) forces Josh to play "hero ball" too much. When it works it's great but when it doesn't then this is what you get. Some of those turnovers Josh had last year had me saying WTF. The game at MetLife when Josh threw that awful pick on the 1st drive of the game. Then the game against GB when he threw another awful pick inside the 5. Josh is a great QB, but he has to clean up this part of his game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That's a bad stat, however, be good to know if it means games that were 1 score at the time of the turnover or 1 score games at the end?

Over the last 3 years, the Bills have not played many games that ended within one score so it has to be related to game situation.  I would look at this more in terms of 4th quarter/OT turnovers in one score games.  That's more of what they might have been trying to measure.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

That stat is incomplete at best.  How many games did each have? Not good by any means but if our Mr. Allen played more one score games then it isn't as bad,  if we had fewer then it is more concerning.  Also,  in how many passes? Without amplifying information it is simply incomplete.

• Like (+1) 1

Judas Priest, this crap gets old.  What has the Bills regular season and playoff record been the last 3 seasons:

Regular season = 37 - 12

Playoffs = 4 - 3

Show me a stat that actually matters not one that can be used as a backdoor jab at Allen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

A) Josh has made some awful mistakes in big moments.

B) He has to be the guy to make it all happen, when the team relies 100% on you to win a game, the 3% of the time you screw up, it’s magnified. 

C) Look at the list, it’s QBs making up for deficit of talent around them.  (Hurts 2020, not 2021).

Talk about using a completely out-of-context stat to try and make a point.  🙄

In order to evaluate this statistic we need so much more information.  Suffice it to say that every QB's job is to limit turnovers, and Josh is no different.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Talk about using a completely out-of-context stat to try and make a point.  🙄

In order to evaluate this statistic we need so much more information.  Suffice it to say that every QB's job is to limit turnovers, and Josh is no different.

Agree.  First quarter turnovers have a great chance to be in one score context.  But, they are not game deciders and are far from "clutch" situations which the stat seems to imply is what is being measured.

27 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Judas Priest, this crap gets old.  What has the Bills regular season and playoff record been the last 3 seasons:

Regular season = 37 - 12

Playoffs = 4 - 3

Show me a stat that actually matters not one that can be used as a backdoor jab at Allen.

BOOST ^^^^^^^^

9 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Agree.  First quarter turnovers have a great chance to be in one score context.  But, they are not game deciders and are far from "clutch" situations which the stat seems to imply is what is being measured.

Not great, but how about they show all of the important stats for QBs during one score games? Show me yards, TDs, QBR, PFF rating, WAR, etc. Something (heck, anything) that gives a sense of the whole picture. I’m not one to sugar coat negatives - and I do think Allen needs to improve in the turnover area - but there’s not much context here. Shrug.

Edited by BarleyNY

This is just meant to rile people up....I believe one way JA gets "better" is by keeping his output while reducing turnovers.  Lets see the win/loss records in those games, I think that is important context.

He is also probably #1 in overall turnovers the last three years and while that is not good, the overall results are outstanding.  They are not losing because of his turnovers at any kind of a concerning rate.

Edited by Matt_In_NH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.