Patriots disciplined for violating offseason rules

Dablitzkrieg

59 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

And 50 years from now, people will look back and say “Wow, they won 6 Super Bowls in 20 years!”  and the ‘what they do” will mean nothing.

100% correct. 

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

Pretty sure they get a comp pick for this.

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Dang, I was just coming here to say this

27 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Kudos to you for reading before posting.

I think New England gets a compensatory draft pick for this.

Have you not been paying attention to the SOP for TSW?!

🤔🤨😁

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Pry a similar ratio of people who always speed and the number of times they get a ticket.

But that analogy also raises the question about the gray zone - over the speed limit but not high enough to bother a cop. I generally drive up to 10 mph or 15% over the limit (whichever is the bigger number). I have been pulled over once on a highway and let off with a warning. In the Patriots*** case, you have to wonder what that gray zone is and how often they live there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

And 50 years from now, people will look back and say “Wow, they won 6 Super Bowls in 20 years!”  and the ‘what they do” will mean nothing.

Very True. As for this who knows what it was. Did someone practice at Gillette when they were not suppose to? Or something more serious? No one knows.. my GUESS is a group practiced at Gillette which is a no no now. 

49 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

But that analogy also raises the question about the gray zone - over the speed limit but not high enough to bother a cop. I generally drive up to 10 mph or 15% over the limit (whichever is the bigger number). I have been pulled over once on a highway and let off with a warning. In the Patriots*** case, you have to wonder what that gray zone is and how often they live there. 

Also the cops don't destroy the video evidence of your cheating because it would hurt the brand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

To be clear, you are willing to do 10MPH over the speed limit until you hit a 70MPH zone and at that point you’re willing to push it to 10.5MPH over?  😂 

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

But that analogy also raises the question about the gray zone - over the speed limit but not high enough to bother a cop. I generally drive up to 10 mph or 15% over the limit (whichever is the bigger number). I have been pulled over once on a highway and let off with a warning. In the Patriots*** case, you have to wonder what that gray zone is and how often they live there

answered your own question. hope were doing the same. 55 in a 55, is not going to get it done in a league as competitive as the NFL

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

To be clear, you are willing to do 10MPH over the speed limit until you hit a 70MPH zone and at that point you’re willing to push it to 10.5MPH over?  😂 

I would do exactly that but the car speedometers round it to the next whole number (stupid designers). Which of course, pains me as an engineer with mild OCD so I just round up my cruise control to 81 mph. 

Which of course, Belichick tries to do as well. (ignore my obvious faux pas in comparing myself to BB)

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.