Washington Commanders may have to change their name again

Draconator

On 5/26/2023 at 10:35 AM, gonzo1105 said:

I believe they should have Washington and Hogs in their name since its the moniker for their offensive line. Its the name to me that makes the most sense. Washington RedHogs would be my choice but to each their own. 

That's offensive to sunburned fat people.

16 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Yes. All of them. 

We can't even get every Dentist to recommend a single brand of toothpaste.

16 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Some think it was dumb, but I actually really liked Washington Football Team. 

Reddit told me that Washington was a slave owner.

Edited by unbillievable
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/26/2023 at 6:18 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

My favorite was when the newly-minted Antonin Scalia School of Law (ASSOL) finally said that acronym out loud.

I like that. Makes me think of "BART", short for "Bay Area Rapid Transit" in the SF Bay Area. Fresno, which has "Fresno Area Rapid Transit", wanted to do the same, but couldn't for obvious reasons.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/24/2023 at 5:39 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I like Washington football team 

it gets to the point and is poignant

poi·gnant ˈpȯi-nyənt. : painfully affecting the feelings : sharp, piercing. poignant grief. : deeply affecting : touching.

On 5/24/2023 at 5:58 PM, KingBoots8 said:

My high school alma mater is one of the NYS schools that needs to change their mascot to keep state funding this fall. If the national outrage is anything like the local outrage they need to just pick a name immediately and move forward. 

I’ve never seen a bunch of boomers who haven’t lived in the area for 30+ years get so bent out of shape about a school changing from “Indians” to something else. We get it, your glory days have long since faded. It’s gonna be ok.

TBH they can’t do much worse than the commies 

Ketcham?

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I wouldn't even say that was proper use of the term in the colloquial sense.    That's more of the "millions of people think poignant sounds like point so that's what they think it means so we have to include it" definition.    It does make your take funnier than intended though. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I wouldn't even say that was proper use of the term in the colloquial sense.    That's more of the "millions of people think poignant sounds like point so that's what they think it means so we have to include it" definition.    It does make your take funnier than intended though. 

Well I never said I’m an English master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.