Washington Commanders may have to change their name again

Draconator

That’s so Snyder, if it was us, I’d say it was Billsy 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Might happen

I'm one of those who does not think the name is derogatory. It was a classic logo. No one names a team after a group that is not embraced as valuable. Why do that? But if it is too volatile an issue, going back to Washington Football Team isn't a bad fall back. I started to like it once I got used to it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 4

22 minutes ago, The Red King said:

WFT actually grew on me, tbh.

WFT now trademarked but WTF is available.

I work at USPTO and knew this was coming.

The reason for the denial was: (1) the existence of a trademark for “Commanders’ Classic”; and (2) pending applications filed by a man in the D.C. area.

Two? I wonder who else did it.

• Haha (+1) 1

Allow me to humbly suggest:

The Washington Taggerts.

image.thumb.jpeg.1cc9ca15a7ee635ce17fc741fe99037f.jpeg

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, a**-kickers, s***-kickers and Methodists.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My high school alma mater is one of the NYS schools that needs to change their mascot to keep state funding this fall. If the national outrage is anything like the local outrage they need to just pick a name immediately and move forward. 

I’ve never seen a bunch of boomers who haven’t lived in the area for 30+ years get so bent out of shape about a school changing from “Indians” to something else. We get it, your glory days have long since faded. It’s gonna be ok.

TBH they can’t do much worse than the commies 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.