Miami game Wk 18 date/time TBD ???????????????

Ga boy

Trying to make plans for Miami game in January.  What are the options for flex?  I guess Saturday, Sunday and Monday?  I could work with those 3 for travel, but Thursday would put throw a huge wrench into plans.  Anybody know if Thursday is a high possibility?

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Miami game Wk 18 date/time TBD ???????????????

"In Week 18, two games will be played on Saturday (4:30 PM ET and 8:15 PM ET) with the remainder to be played on Sunday afternoon (1:00 PM ET and 4:25 PM ET) and one matchup to be played on Sunday night (8:20 PM ET). Specific dates, start times, and networks for Week 18 matchups will be determined and announced following the conclusion of Week 17."

-NFL

• Like (+1) 4

Not enough question marks, do better…, 

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Trying to make plans for Miami game in January.  What are the options for flex?  I guess Saturday, Sunday and Monday?  I could work with those 3 for travel, but Thursday would put throw a huge wrench into plans.  Anybody know if Thursday is a high possibility?

They do this from time to time with games at the end of the season, especially with teams that are likely to be in contention.  They want the flexibility to make it a prime time game if merited.  

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

An even bigger issue…making plans to go, and it ends up being a meaningless game started by Kyle Allen and a bunch of other 2nd stringers.  This is my primary reason for skipping Miami this year. 

Yeah, but it'd be so sweet to heckle and harass their loser fan base reminding them of their inferiority on their home field as they fight for a spot while we have the AFCE wrapped up.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

They won’t do a Thursday or Monday in week 18 so it’s going to be Saturday or Sunday.  How much is on the line for each team will determine whether they move to Primetime.  The Bills and now even the Fish are a draw of they are remotely close so it’s possible.  You can probably make you’re arrangements one month out and you’ll know whether it’s a scrub game or worth something.

I might go as well as I live in Tampa and been a few years since I went to a Bills/Miami game.  

Let me know brother closer to the end of. O ember and maybe we can tailgate.  I always love hanging with the TBD boys before a game.

I'm going to buff to the Raiders home opener.  Should be fun.  I take the kids in September, but haven’t done it since 2019 as the last one.  My whole extended family gets tix as my sister works for the Sabres so she can do her magic on getting us tix for the family.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

They won’t do a Thursday or Monday in week 18 so it’s going to be Saturday or Sunday.  How much is on the line for each team will determine whether they move to Primetime.  The Bills and now even the Fish are a draw of they are remotely close so it’s possible.  You can probably make you’re arrangements one month out and you’ll know whether it’s a scrub game or worth something.

I might go as well as I live in Tampa and been a few years since I went to a Bills/Miami game.  

Let me know brother closer to the end of. O ember and maybe we can tailgate.  I always love hanging with the TBD boys before a game.

I'm going to buff to the Raiders home opener.  Should be fun.  I take the kids in September, but haven’t done it since 2019 as the last one.  My whole extended family gets tix as my sister works for the Sabres so she can do her magic on getting us tix for the family.

Machine gun, we’ll have to touch base in the fall.  Me and my 2 sons are 99% on board for week 18 in Miami.  Youngest son now lives in Miami so that game has become a tradition.

17 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

An even bigger issue…making plans to go, and it ends up being a meaningless game started by Kyle Allen and a bunch of other 2nd stringers.  This is my primary reason for skipping Miami this year. 

IMO it is very unlikely to be a meaningless game, in other words this game is going to mean something.   

While the Bills will likely have the AFCE sewed up, overall seeding will still be in play.  Being the one seed is huge.  And there is a significant difference in the 2 vs 3 seeds, that would be enough to play for the win.  

Miami will probably be fighting for their playoff lives.  And if not seeding.  And it's always nice to end Miami's season.

When the schedule came out, the NFLN crew did a run through of the best games of the week - they chose this one for week 18 - was a logical choice.

It will be a guarantee to be on sat or sun. But no guarantee the time yet. But imo I’d change your plans. Could be a meaningless game with no playoff implications for either team. Could see Kyle Allen vs Mike White out there. If you plan on going to Miami anyway, and that’s the case, hold off on buying tickets until the week of the game and you may get them super cheap if it’s meaningless, however, you may pay 3x as much for tix because it means the 1 seed or something. 

2 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Machine gun, we’ll have to touch base in the fall.  Me and my 2 sons are 99% on board for week 18 in Miami.  Youngest son now lives in Miami so that game has become a tradition.

GA,  I’ll pm you so you have my real name and cel.  Let’s make it happen.  we can also throw up a thread in early December as some TBDer must live in Miami to coordinate a lot to meet as a crew and make a day of it.  The weather will be great

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t have anything to add to this, but I do hate the dolphins… and I have my custom made Bills Jersey, number 69, that has the name plate “MUCK FIAMI” on the back. Every Miami game day, it does not come off. Even during sexy time… my wife understands 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.