Josh Allen Interviewed by press on Kincaid and others. "We Are Very Internally Motivated"

PrimeTime101

17 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Internally Motivated?

Is that what the kids are calling "it" now?

It ain't the kids. This has been jargon from psychology and business for decades now.

The boss tells you to do it? That's external motivation. 

You yourself want to do it? That's internal motivation.

Internal motivation gets better success rates. That's why the bosses are going to try to get internally motivated people and provide a situation where the employees get internally motivated. 

Am I mansplaining, probably to another man? Sorry.

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I don't get this type of thinking:

First, the Bills have only been touted as the "best off season team in the country" for ONE off season (before the 2022 season).

Second, the Bills were definitely a "contender" in the 2020 & 2021 playoffs. 

Third, are you suggesting that the Bills would be better off without Allen & McDermott?

I don't get how any Bill's fan who suffered through 18 years of bad to mediocre football, and yes that 2017 "playoff" team was average at best, could get frustrated for not winning a Super Bowl after 3 seasons at the top of the NFL heap.

Its a product of 13 seconds. If Bills had just been beaten the questions about McDermott would likely not exist. But when your coaching staff blows the best shot at a SuperBowl in 25 years it is a fair criticism.  

Last year honestly deserves an asterisk for all that the team and coaching staff endured.

I'm as big a McDermott skeptic as anyone on this board but you have to praise the guy for all he did through the mass of injuries, the weather, and the Hamlin incident. 

• Like (+1) 1

I view quotes like these and generic jock talk giving the media the sound clips the fans want to here...

of course they are going to say stuff like this, and it means less than nothing. Definitely not going to hang my hat on this, 

SHOW ME THE BABY !!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

It ain't the kids. This has been jargon from psychology and business for decades now.

The boss tells you to do it? That's external motivation. 

You yourself want to do it? That's internal motivation.

Internal motivation gets better success rates. That's why the bosses are going to try to get internally motivated people and provide a situation where the employees get internally motivated. 

Am I mansplaining, probably to another man? Sorry.

you aren't sorry.  

8 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Its a product of 13 seconds. If Bills had just been beaten the questions about McDermott would likely not exist. But when your coaching staff blows the best shot at a SuperBowl in 25 years it is a fair criticism.  

Last year honestly deserves an asterisk for all that the team and coaching staff endured.

I'm as big a McDermott skeptic as anyone on this board but you have to praise the guy for all he did through the mass of injuries, the weather, and the Hamlin incident. 

I agree.  But the poster also included Allen in his snarky comment.  That's the part that jumped the shark for me.

10 hours ago, teef said:

big dick energy really confuses people?

Less confusing if “throbbing” is added, 

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree.  But the poster also included Allen in his snarky comment.  That's the part that jumped the shark for me.

Yeah that's insanity 

Allen was more careless with the ball last season. He has to clean that up. Nobody knows how much the elbow injury was playing a role.

He and the offense looked unstoppable at the beginning of the season.  If he utilizes the entire field this season he will carve up every opponent. 

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/24/2023 at 3:06 AM, StHustle said:

That can happen when you become single. I imagine he won’t be too quick to get involved with any other woman any time soon. Enjoy the peace of being single Josh! You can now enjoy groupies at your leisure and not have that added distraction of a girlfriend to keep happy!

And just like that Josh is getting some somewhere else. Your post seriously didn't age well i two days. LOL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.