Von Miller prediction thread-when will he return to the lineup?

TBBills Fan

When will Von be back in the lineup?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. When will Von be back in the lineup?

• Week 1-@ NYJ
    • Week 2-Raiders
    • Week 3- @ Wash
    • Week 4-Dolphins
    • Week 5- Jags (London)
    • Week 6- NY Giants
    • Week 7- @ NE
    • Week 8- Tampa Bay
    • Week 9- @ Cincy
    • Week 10- Broncos
    • Week 11- NYJ
    • Week 12-@ Philly
    • Week 14- @ KC
    • Week 15-Dallas
    • Week 16- @ LA Chargers
    • Week 17- NE
    • Week 18- @ Miami

34 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I wanted to put week 6 for the giants but went week 7…. Earliest PUP eligibility, right?

good question, I am not sure

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

How funny.  I thought hopefully dolphins (picked that), but if not then likely Giants and those are the two leading vote getters so far.

We mostly think alike.

I noticed that as well!

31 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Week 8 is my guess. He’s older than Tre by quite a few years and he didn’t return until a full year.  Last thing we need to do is rush back our 34 year old pass rusher before he’s ready.  Playoffs are a given as long as Josh is healthy.  Von and the gang being healthy is the difference if we get to the big dance or not.

That what I am thinking...maybe a week earlier to give him a few reps before the big game

I have to think the Cincy game, as mentioned is going to be a game with playoff implications and a game we want to make a statement in because of last year

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I picked the Bengals since it will be longer than we want but then against a team that we are hyped to play and it will add to the excitement. Then on game day we lay an egg again and go 8-1 angry drunk posters will come on to this very message board late at night and blame this first loss of the season on Von’s rusty play. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

And every week until he plays, doesn't make sense.

It kind of does.  Imagine the doctors say he's on schedule for late Sept.  Do you carry him for 3-4 weeks with the possibility of it being longer/shorter or IR him for 6 without question?

In either event, anyone they use is going to most likely be depth anyways so it's not like they are IRing Von for another game wrecker.

Edited by The Wiz

I selected week 8 vs Tampa. 

My thinking is he said he would be ready by week 6 at the latest. Which means even if he's ready the Bills like to slow play guys coming back from injury. I could see him back on the practice field week 6 and a couple weeks where he's "close" bit not quite up to football condition yet.  Week 8 gives him his season debut in front of the home fans and a game to tune up before he gets to wreck Burrow and the Bungles.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

It kind of does.  Imagine the doctors say he's on schedule for late Sept.  Do you carry him for 3-4 weeks with the possibility of it being longer/shorter or IR him for 6 without question?

In either event, anyone they use is going to most likely be depth anyways so it's not like they are IRing Von for another game wrecker.

I think this is the million dollar question.  Everyone who picked week 6 or before is betting he is close enough prior to week 1 that the team activates him.  Knowing how The Bills roll with injuries, it makes sens that week 7 is the earliest we may see him. 

We need him weeks 19-22, not week 4-6

18 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Well lets make those predictions now!  

Feel free to add any comments about why you picked the week you picked and/or thoughts on his production....

Feel free to add when you think he will come off IR (I believe its a 4 week window to be activate)...this poll is for your prediction for the 1st game he PLAYS in

I am going to say week 9..BENGALS. 

EDIT:  Winners will receive a TBD hat courtesy of the MODS! (normally reserved for platinum level members)...possibly

I see some voted for Miami, but consider if he’s placed on PUP in the beginning of the year he can’t return until week 5.  That week is in London so my guess is week 6 might be the week.  Just bexause he can practice doesn’t mean he’ll be game ready so that’s my guess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I see some voted for Miami, but consider if he’s placed on PUP in the beginning of the year he can’t return until week 5.  That week is in London so my guess is week 6 might be the week.  Just bexause he can practice doesn’t mean he’ll be game ready so that’s my guess.

okay. so if he is PUP he can be back as early as week 5 and if he starts on IR the earliest is week 7?  is that correct?

16 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

If he goes on PUP he can come back for Patriots. Sal Capaccio talked about that when the schedule came out.

see above?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.