Buffalo at Washington Sept. 24

Ned Flanders

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, Herndon, VA  https://www.jottnew.com/upcoming-events.html

Jimmy’s opens at 7:00 am!
Luxury buses depart Jimmy’s at 8:30am!
chariotsforhire.com

Full Package - $300 per person includes a continental breakfast at Jimmy’s, snacks/water on the buses, game ticket (Club Level – Sections 325 & 326), bus pass, box lunch and more!

Game Ticket & Box Lunch - $240

Bus Pass & Box Lunch - $75

Box Lunch Only - $15

Box lunches will be available in Bus Parking Lot during the Tailgate Party.

All packages must be prepaid. Tickets will be transferred electronically.

For more information and to purchase your tickets, contact Maureen Cirrito at maureencirrito@aol.com.

Refund Policy: Bus Passes and Lunch Coupons may be refunded at any time. Game tickets may be refunded until September 18, 2023. After September 18, we will gladly help you resell your tickets.

LET’S GO BUFFALO!

Edited by Ned Flanders

• Ned Flanders changed the title to Buffalo at Washington Sept. 24
On 5/26/2023 at 12:05 AM, Guffalo said:

Any ideas where the Bills fans typically stay in DC? We are planning on coming down, may take the train to avoid parking issues.

You don't want to be near the stadium, it's in a remote place with virtually nothing around it, entertainment-wise.

Suggest staying in the city in the Navy Yard-Nats Park area.  Good nightlife and you're a short Metro/Uber ride away from many of the sights/Smithsonians.

You can take the Metro to the game on Sunday but the nearest stop is about a mile away...it's walkable though, I've done it before.

Edited by Ned Flanders

Any ideas where the Bills fans typically stay in DC? We are planning on coming down, may take the train to avoid parking issues.

we don't welcome the likes of you in the District!

I don't know that there is going to be one central place for Bills fans. I do know that in my neighborhood,(Adams Morgan) there are two Bills bars..Grand Central and Exiles. ...but have no clue if they doing anything special that weekend or if they will be a gathering place. I will message them and find out.

Cool hotel right around the corner from Grand Central is The Line Hotel. AdMo is a very cool place, and walkable to both Columbia Heights and 14th and U and Shaw, all happening places with tons to do day and night. Easy to get to National Mall etc as well either via Public TRansport or Uber.

https://www.thelinehotel.com/dc/?gclid=CjwKCAjwsvujBhAXEiwA_UXnAGdmzMI5xm8mNEUk1G_Fd9PWCZ6AQ8VY_3uD0C1dmbaGoUa6Juee4RoCi7YQAvD_BwE

As @Ned Flanders mentioned, Navy Yard/Nats Park is a very cool area as well, and  the "offical" Bills bar over there is called the Bullpen. Now, I know that parcel is slated for development, so not sure if/when Bullpen will close down. Big outside bar, great before and after Nats games. Be forewarned though, the area does skew much, much younger than you and I LOL!

And i assume by taking the train you meant Amtrak down from the city. Nice relaxing ride, but damn the trains between NYC and DC have gotten crazy expensive, may want to look into booking them soon if you decide that is the way to travel. Parking in the District easy peasy on weekends. And as Ned mentioned, while the Metro goes out close to the stadium, still a bit of walk to actually go to and from. If you do want to Metro out there, just take a gander at the system map to plan where to stay etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

I live just outside of DC and happy to help.  If your taking the metro to the stadium stay near the blue or silver since they go to the stadium.  Fans of Buffalo is staying in Navy Yard which is a newer neighborhood.  Grand Central, Exiles, and the Bullpen are all Bills Bars. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 9:30 AM, Ned Flanders said:

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, Herndon, VA  https://www.jottnew.com/upcoming-events.html

Hearing that Jimmy's game package is now sold out.

UPDATE: Hearing six busloads of Bills fans coming from Jimmy's. 

Edited by Ned Flanders

On 9/6/2023 at 1:21 PM, Ned Flanders said:

Hearing that Jimmy's game package is now sold out.

UPDATE: Hearing six busloads of Bills fans coming from Jimmy's. 

I got a crew of 10 coming! only two on the bus as 8 of us coming from the District....but will see ya at the tailgate lot!!!!!!!!

Might wear my TONY TATERS o's shirt so you can recognize me!

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 10:11 AM, plenzmd1 said:

I don't know that there is going to be one central place for Bills fans. I do know that in my neighborhood,(Adams Morgan) there are two Bills bars..Grand Central and Exiles. ...but have no clue if they doing anything special that weekend or if they will be a gathering place. I will message them and find out.

All else aside, where are the best Wings around there?

I’ll be at the game with some of my DC friends I’m visiting. They’re mostly agnostic for this game but will be supporting the Bills. We might check out the tailgate scene if anyone can suggest a lot to hit up. Otherwise we’re planning on going into the Legends Plaza or whatever and just overpaying for food and drink. 

On 9/19/2023 at 11:21 PM, PBF81 said:

All else aside, where are the best Wings around there?

I like Baddpizza - not really a sit down but take out.  WNY style pizza and the wings are pretty good.  Locations in Arlington, Falls Church, and way out in South Riding sort of near Dulles Airport.  Link here:  https://baddpizza.com/

Plenzmd and Net, I’ll be on one of the Jimmy busses too.  Getting there at 7a for the continental bfast and a little pre-tailgating.  Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Edited by cgang

24 minutes ago, cgang said:

I like Baddpizza - not really a sit down but take out.  WNY style pizza and the wings are pretty good.  Locations in Arlington, Falls Church, and way out in South arising that is sort of near Dulles Airport.  Link here:  https://baddpizza.com/

Plenzmd and Net, I’ll be on one of the Jimmy busses too.  Getting there at 7a for the continental bfast and a little pre-tailgating.  Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Thanks.  I've had Badd's wings in VA.  They're OK.  I'd rate 'em as pretty average by Buffalo standards.  Nothin special.  

Their pizzas are better, but pretty expensive comparatively.  

I didn't realize they were in DC too.  They're really getting around the region.  

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Thanks.  I've had Badd's wings in VA.  They're OK.  I'd rate 'em as pretty average by Buffalo standards.  Nothin special.  

Their pizzas are better, but pretty expensive comparatively.  

I didn't realize they were in DC too.  They're really getting around the region.  

I agree but IMHO there aren’t many options here.  There is also Buffalo Wing Factory in Ashburn, Reston, and Sterling (I’ve only been to the Ashburn one) but they are pretty far out for those coming into town.  https://www.buffalowingfactory.com/

An Anchor Bar location just opened up in Leesburg a couple months ago but it’s farther out northwest of Dulles airport.  Personally I’ve never been a fan:  https://www.villageatleesburg.com/stores/anchor-bar-restaurant/

Edited by cgang

4 minutes ago, cgang said:

I agree but IMHO there aren’t many options here.  There is also Buffalo Wing Factory in Ashburn, Reston, and Sterling (I’ve only been to the Ashburn one) but they are pretty far out for those coming into town.  https://www.buffalowingfactory.com/

Oh yeah, I was just asking what was in his area of DC.  

Wing Factory's are better than Badd's.  Easily IMO.

And no, there aren't many options.  Always looking for better ones.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.