Phase 3 OTA’s start today

3 hours ago, eball said:

Pretty ignorant take.  Hamlin is no more susceptible to that condition reoccurring than you or I are.

I dont think that you can know that with any degree of confidence.

Hundreds of players get hit in the chest similarly hard every weekend during football season.

Yet they dont develop commotio cordis (presuming that is what he truly had) and cardiac arrest.  Commotio cordis is a "diagnosis of exclusion".  Meaning that the docs  eliminate all of the possible diagnosis that they can think of, and then say, well, its consistent with commotio cordis.

To my mind, it is certainly possibly that commotio cordis has a genetic component, and that some individuals are more susceptible than others.

Here are a couple references, in which well-known cardiologists and scientists suggest that there is a genetic predisposition to commotio cordis.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31179551/

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/circep.111.962712

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circulationaha.110.955336#:~:text=It is likely that genetic,in cardiac depolarization or repolarization.

Sure, it could be just bad luck.  But for such a rare condition in football players, you have to wonder if there was some unanticipated predisposition.  Its a tough call.  Football is Damar's livelihood, so the docs dont want to prevent him from returning to his profession.  But I'd best my last dollar that when/if the Bills medical staff clears him to return to full contact, the language clearing him doesnt say there is no risk of a recurrence. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If White, Poyer and Hyde all somehow return to form this season, Taron stays strong and Benford ascends the way he's being talked up..........would be HUUUUGE.

Great take!

Benford has been receiving alot of hype so far, the battle at CB#2 will be fun to watch.

Back to your point, that would be a top 5 secondary to go along with 4 pass rushers who I have alot of faith in (Von, Flo, Groot, and Ed).  Mix in Milano and others, and we finally have a SB caliber defense....just stay healthy this year 🙏!

We'll see what happens when the pads go on and he has to deal with NFL physicality, but I can't remember the last time I was this certain a Bills rookie would end up being great. He is just such a perfect fit with Allen's skill set. I really think they are going to be unstoppable together for the next decade.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We'll see what happens when the pads go on and he has to deal with NFL physicality, but I can't remember the last time I was this certain a Bills rookie would end up being great. He is just such a perfect fit with Allen's skill set. I really think they are going to be unstoppable together for the next decade.

“You should temper your expectations.  You’ll only end up blaming Dorsey if he doesn’t have a huge year.”  - some idiot

🤣

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

“You should temper your expectations.  You’ll only end up blaming Dorsey if he doesn’t have a huge year.”  - some idiot

🤣

I swear to god. When I read out this i spit out my coffee all over the place.. Then got dirty looks people in the house. An inside joke no one else will ever get lol

I NEED MORE COFFEE! Damn U 

giphy.gif

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

🤣

Here’s a question. Which offensive player had a down year last year? 

Allen - Same

Diggs - better

Davis - Slightly worse

Singletary - same

knox - same

McKenzie - career year

Kincaid is a legit 1st round talent. None of the players listed are 1st or 2nd rounders. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Here’s a question. Which offensive player had a down year last year? 

Allen - Same

Diggs - better

Davis - Slightly worse

Singletary - same

knox - same

McKenzie - career year

Kincaid is a legit 1st round talent. None of the players listed are 1st or 2nd rounders. 

It was an inside joke

16 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I can't find any info on if it happened once it increases the odds of it happening again but from what I can find it's more a a freak thing. Also Chris Pronger had a very similar thing happen in the NHL and he played the next game and 12 more years. 

They seem to have settled on a diagnosis of commotio cordis

The thing is, it's such a rare occurrence that statistics about whether or not it's more likely to happen again are likely not very meaningful

As far as they know, it isn't more likely to happen again, but then again, most of the people to whom this has happened weren't playing tackle football

I think it's a bit of a long shot for Damar to make the team this season, not because I'm worried he's more likely to have an on field health issue than the other guy, but because I think it's very likely several of his ribs were broken and he had

aspiration pneumonia.  He would have had some muscle wasting while in the hospital, and his ability to work out would have been hindered for a couple months (they wouldn't have wanted him to really push himself until they figured out what was going on, also, he likely felt as though an elephant sat on his chest and his feet were injected with lead for a while.

He's always looked small for a football player to me, but he's also looked jacked.  Now he doesn't.  Trainers - I know there are a bunch of you here - how long does it take a guy who has nothing to do but work on himself to build strength?  How long to build aerobic capacity?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/7/2023 at 9:34 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It was for the Dorsey complainers. They’re annoying.

Funny coincidence, so was Dorsey, 😁👍

And I believe Dorsey has potential, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.