Phase 3 OTA’s start today

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Just incredible.

I don’t see Damar making the team. Unbelievable story, seems like a decent guy  but truth is below average player. Probably the best for all, people don’t want to see another scary health issue on the field again. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I don’t see Damar making the team. Unbelievable story, seems like a decent guy  but truth is below average player. Probably the best for all, people don’t want to see another scary health issue on the field again. 

Which safety will make the team over him?  Converted Benford?  Cam Lewis?  Zayne?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

He’ll make the team regardless, but agree he is a below average player. 

Most 4th safeties are below average

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Which safety will make the team over him?  Converted Benford?  Cam Lewis?  Zayne?

Most 4th safeties are below average

Zayne could carve out a role on special teams. Benford is pretty much a lock to make the team due to his youth, versatility and low contract. 

That said, I could realistically see Hamlin in the mix to make this team. He was a young player getting his first real reps last year and I thought that his play was starting to get better as the season wore on. Putting aside all the health and mental wellness issues aside and talking his football play on the field...he's a guy that could improve. I think Marlowe and Lewis are odd guys out.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Zayne could carve out a role on special teams. Benford is pretty much a lock to make the team due to his youth, versatility and low contract. 

That said, I could realistically see Hamlin in the mix to make this team. He was a young player getting his first real reps last year and I thought that his play was starting to get better as the season wore on. Putting aside all the health and mental wellness issues aside and talking his football play on the field...he's a guy that could improve. I think Marlowe and Lewis are odd guys out.

I agree.  I expect Benford and Hamlin to make the team.  Benford @ corner and Hamlin @ S.

I think Alex Austin is the WC.  Between Tre, Kaiir, Taron, Dane and Benford, they’ll have a tough decision to make if Austin looks like a keeper.  Neal is likely going to make the team as the 6th CB/gunner.  

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  I expect Benford and Hamlin to make the team.  Benford @ corner and Hamlin @ S.

I think Alex Austin is the WC.  Between Tre, Kaiir, Taron, Dane and Benford, they’ll have a tough decision to make if Austin looks like a keeper.  Neal is likely going to make the team as the 6th CB/gunner.  

Agree on Neal. He is a fantastic gunner. As much as I hate using spots on ST I believe they keep him. Just wish he was more useful when he has to fill in on defense. 

Though with the new rules on special teams I do wonder if the need for an outstanding gunner gets to be less of a priority. I would figure either way, they keep him for this season to see how much of an impact the FC rule has and if the new rule nullifies the need they move on next season. Cautious approach.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, wppete said:

people don’t want to see another scary health issue on the field again. 

Pretty ignorant take.  Hamlin is no more susceptible to that condition reoccurring than you or I are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6

3 hours ago, wppete said:

You don't presume to speak for other people, do you?

If the notion of Damar Hamlin getting hurt again makes YOU uncomfortable, just say so. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, wppete said:

I don’t see Damar making the team. Unbelievable story, seems like a decent guy  but truth is below average player. Probably the best for all, people don’t want to see another scary health issue on the field again

I can't find any info on if it happened once it increases the odds of it happening again but from what I can find it's more a a freak thing. Also Chris Pronger had a very similar thing happen in the NHL and he played the next game and 12 more years. 

8 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I can't find any info on if it happened once it increases the odds of it happening again but from what I can find it's more a a freak thing. Also Chris Pronger had a very similar thing happen in the NHL and he played the next game and 12 more years. 

Hopefully he is fully healthy and recovered when he returns with any team. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Writing off Kaiir Elam?

No just like what I am hearing about Benford.   Elam SHOULD be the starter based on pedigree........but if Benford beats him out despite Elam playing well that's a first world problem.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.