Phase 3 OTA’s start today

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Wouldn’t it be cool if James Cook ended up being a star like his brother?

If this happens? IF? This team would be able to outscore anyone in many different ways... SB bound if this happens.  

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Is Allen still wearing the plays on a wristband? When do we take the training wheels off this guy? Year 10? Dude needs to study the playbook. 

Playbook changed this year.. 1000%... With Knox, Kincaid, Davis and Diggs on the field? Everything has changed because now... Instead of throwing more outside? you can now gear your playbook to more down the middle stuff, more screens...  Knox, Kincaid and Davis on one side of the field can make for one hell of a screen play game. 

And if that is not enough for ya? Well I guess you have to get over it then... 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Last we saw of Diggs this offseason, I believe was at a fashion event. What would we say if Josh didn’t show up to OTAs but was instead seen in NYC with his new gal? Would it still be “it’s only voluntary!”? For the record, I don’t care what Diggs does in the offseason as long as he shows up when it’s mandatory and balls out. I just wonder how the perspective would change if it was Josh not taking part rather than Stefon. 

He’s not Josh.  He’s not the QB.  He doesn’t have to mesh with anyone other than Josh. He’s proven that he and Josh are very well

meshed.  

He is who he is.  This is who he’s always been and this is who he will always be.  the quicker you understand and accept that, the more level headed you will be with reacting to him antics. He ain’t changin. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Last we saw of Diggs this offseason, I believe was at a fashion event. What would we say if Josh didn’t show up to OTAs but was instead seen in NYC with his new gal? Would it still be “it’s only voluntary!”? For the record, I don’t care what Diggs does in the offseason as long as he shows up when it’s mandatory and balls out. I just wonder how the perspective would change if it was Josh not taking part rather than Stefon. 

Heard discussion that he and his brother Trevon De'Sean Diggs were hanging out in Arlington, Texas.

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s not Josh.  He’s not the QB.  He doesn’t have to mesh with anyone other than Josh. He’s proven that he and Josh are very well

meshed.  

He is who he is.  This is who he’s always been and this is who he will always be.  the quicker you understand and accept that, the more level headed you will be with reacting to him antics. He ain’t changin. 

Maybe you’re projecting onto someone else, because I’ve accepted that’s who Diggs is. I’ve been on record as saying that as long as he shows up when it’s time and balls out, I don’t care what he does in the offseason.

Would it be great to have him there, even if he wasn’t practicing, to get acclimated to his new teammates and give pointers - as a captain - of course! But evidently that’s not in his character. The only problem I had with Diggs was publicly undressing his QB in the Bengals game and then skipping out early on the team. As Shannon Sharpe once told John Elway, “as long as you don’t openly complain about me dropping a pass, or running the wrong route, I’ll never publicly complain about you missing a pass.” Josh isn’t the type to show Diggs up if he drops a pass or runs the route differently than what he expected. He did have that one moment in the Bengals game when the two missed on one where he was motioning with his arm, but aside from that he’s always been quiet. 

Add me to the list of "it would be nice but I'm not worried". Until I see otherwise Diggs will show up and be ready to resume the role of the alpha receiver when the season begins. Let's be honest, the fact that he's supposedly dating margot robbie and has been seen outside his house already proves he has more discipline than i could ever hope to achive lol.  I'd be holed up for the entire off-season! Just door dashing Gatorade and Energy drinks..

Edited by Pabstblueribbon
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Maybe you’re projecting onto someone else, because I’ve accepted that’s who Diggs is. I’ve been on record as saying that as long as he shows up when it’s time and balls out, I don’t care what he does in the offseason.

Would it be great to have him there, even if he wasn’t practicing, to get acclimated to his new teammates and give pointers - as a captain - of course! But evidently that’s not in his character. The only problem I had with Diggs was publicly undressing his QB in the Bengals game and then skipping out early on the team. As Shannon Sharpe once told John Elway, “as long as you don’t openly complain about me dropping a pass, or running the wrong route, I’ll never publicly complain about you missing a pass.” Josh isn’t the type to show Diggs up if he drops a pass or runs the route differently than what he expected. He did have that one moment in the Bengals game when the two missed on one where he was motioning with his arm, but aside from that he’s always been quiet. 

That’s fair.  

I guess I don’t understand why you would then compare him to Josh Allen.  “What would we say if Josh didn’t show up to OTA’s and was instead seen with his girl in nyc”.   We’d be shocked, because Josh is a different breed than Stef.  He’s also the QB that has to build rapport and learn about his new playmakers.  I don’t see how the two are comparable 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s fair.  

I guess I don’t understand why you would then compare him to Josh Allen.  “What would we say if Josh didn’t show up to OTA’s and was instead seen with his girl in nyc”.   We’d be shocked, because Josh is a different breed than Stef.  He’s also the QB that has to build rapport and learn about his new playmakers.  I don’t see how the two are comparable 

I put the question out there for discussion, mainly aimed at those who shout “it’s only voluntary!” I wanted to know if their position would change, or if they’d still sing the same song. Josh hasn’t missed any OTA periods since he was drafted as far as I can remember, except this year when he had to check out of a session early due to prior commitments. But at least he still took part at the start and was there for his teammates.

This was a hypothetical question, not a Josh Allen/Stefon Diggs comparison. I know the two are completely different.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The next Tavon Austin!

It's crazy how many people were delighted with the Bills WR corps at this time last season.  There were people who were certain that Tavon Austin was going to make the team and have an impact.     

Speaking of people like that where is @eball these days?

19 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Trent is my guy to watch that nobody is talking about

He does everything like a certain wide receiver that we used to have that went to the Rams

hmmm 

if we are on the same page. I was bummed we lost that guy. Glad he got a good contract though and still wish him well.
If Trent is that guy now ? We have done well to acquire him. 
yep John , I get the feeling the WR room has seriously improved in depth and range of skills

18 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

If this happens? IF? This team would be able to outscore anyone in many different ways... SB bound if this happens.  

Playbook changed this year.. 1000%... With Knox, Kincaid, Davis and Diggs on the field? Everything has changed because now... Instead of throwing more outside? you can now gear your playbook to more down the middle stuff, more screens...  Knox, Kincaid and Davis on one side of the field can make for one hell of a screen play game. 

And if that is not enough for ya? Well I guess you have to get over it then... 

if we start seeing successful sweeps and screens? and even check downs, and flare outs with a wr out front ? I will cry tears of joy
 I will 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

Add me to the list of "it would be nice but I'm not worried". Until I see otherwise Diggs will show up and be ready to resume the role of the alpha receiver when the season begins. Let's be honest, the fact that he's supposedly dating margot robbie and has been seen outside his house already proves he has more discipline than i could ever hope to achive lol.  I'd be holed up for the entire off-season! Just door dashing Gatorade and Energy drinks..

Unfortunately for Diggs, Margot is married. 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

In a sense that many(you included) were talking up Austin like he was going to be some sort of steal signing and significant contributor…. Yes, my prediction is he will be very much like Tavon Austin except he will actually make the team. 😅

Pull up what I said. I didn’t say he was going to be good.  I didn’t predict that he would make the team.  I said that, that you couldn’t possibly “know” whether or not he would make the team at this point in OTA’s.   

sherfiekd is much better.  He’ll make the team and will get sporadic snaps.  he can play all 3 wr positions

Comparing Sherfield to Austin is a poop comparison. Comparing him to Kumerow makes more sense, but still weak

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.