Phase 3 OTA’s start today

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Trent is JACKED!  I thought it was Lorax when I saw his triceps.  

Dorian looked like a specimen

Harty looks fast af

Kincaid doesn’t run.  He “gloats”. Glides+floats. 

great to see Damar out there running around doing football activities.  I couldn’t be happier for the young man.  

Thought the coolest part was when Josh was trying to explain something to Kincaid then said just line up and played DB to help explain the concept

• Agree 1

This man's heart stopped for 9 minutes, less than 6 months ago. I don't have the proper words to explain what I think of this so I'll just say: amazed and inspired. 

Got a bit of an up hill battle to make the roster I think with the addition of Taylor Rapp, but here's hoping

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/23/2023 at 12:34 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Wrong.  Von tore his acl before after 9 games....played all 16 games the following season, 14 sacks and All-Pro.

Von having a positive hopeful attitude about everything is refreshing.  Something a lot of fans aren't used to apparently

Not the same thing...Von wasn't 34 years old when he tore it the first time.  People got bent out of shape when many of us warned Tre may not be back to start the year...they got more bent out of shape when many of us warned he may struggle when he is back as it often takes until the next season before they bounce back. 

So young Von vs 34 old Von isn't a fair comparison.  At his age, just playing at 34 without coming off an injury is a question on whether they will be the same player.  But coming off this injury again, but now at age 34, certainly brings legitimate questions on when he will be back and how much it will affect him or not.  Von is always optimistic, which is good, but doesn't change what he is trying to recover from at a much older age.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Wouldn’t it be cool if James Cook ended up being a star like his brother?

That part of Matt Parrino's recap was certainly exciting.

James Cook looks the part

Cook looks bigger and quicker in his second OTAs after the Bills took him in the second round back in 2022. He’s the odds-on favorite to be the team’s starting running back and he looked the part on Tuesday. He had one play where he deked Bernard almost out of cleats on a run play and then later in practice beat linebacker Matt Milano down the left sideline for a big completion from Josh Allen. Cook showed off sure hands during practice, catching all the balls thrown his way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Let's hope Dorsey remembers about the superior pass catching rb during the game.

I hope Josh remembers.  There were times when he passed (pun unintended) up the short completion to RB to attempt long pass.

Edited by Limeaid
typo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Last we saw of Diggs this offseason, I believe was at a fashion event. What would we say if Josh didn’t show up to OTAs but was instead seen in NYC with his new gal? Would it still be “it’s only voluntary!”? For the record, I don’t care what Diggs does in the offseason as long as he shows up when it’s mandatory and balls out. I just wonder how the perspective would change if it was Josh not taking part rather than Stefon. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Last we saw of Diggs this offseason, I believe was at a fashion event. What would we say if Josh didn’t show up to OTAs but was instead seen in NYC with his new gal? Would it still be “it’s only voluntary!”? For the record, I don’t care what Diggs does in the offseason as long as he shows up when it’s mandatory and balls out. I just wonder how the perspective would change if it was Josh not taking part rather than Stefon. 

More than likely, no. I think most people would want Allen at OTAs even if it was voluntary.

But for a different reason than why I would want diggs there.

I want Allen there to get the new guys acclimated to catching his fastball as soon as possible and work on the nuances of what each other is thinking.

Diggs and Allen already have that chemistry so it's not as much of a big deal if he misses because we're know just because he's not there, doesn't mean he's not getting ready for the season.

I want diggs there just so all this talk about him being there ends.  If he showed up at the start, this isn't even a discussion.  He could have gone the first day and not show up until mandatory mini camp and no one would care.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Allen would be justly criticized if he weren't there.  The QB is the engine that makes the offense run.  There are a lot of new players and new-to-us players, and Josh needs to work with them and get them accustomed to how he wants them to run routes, and to catching his passes.

Diggs is an individual contributor.  Diggs not being there doesn't keep other guys from using their time to best advantage and is, in some ways, a benefit to the team.  It gives Kincaid and Shakir and Shorter and Cook more pass-catching reps.  As long as he and Allen get together enough to be on the same page (whether it's with the team or individually), it works 

• Agree 5

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I was pretty interested in what Parrino said about Dezmon Patmon:

Kaiir Elam burned by fourth-year WR

Dezmon Patmon stands 6-foot-4 and weigh 225 pounds and he gave Elam all he could handle on one rep during team drills. He made a quick move off the line of scrimmage, gained some separation, and then blew past Elam down the right sideline. Kyle Allen recognized Patmon’s win right away and lofted a beautifully-placed dime to the end zone for a touchdown to the former Indianapolis Colts sixth-round pick.

Elam recovered a bit on the play after the initial move but couldn’t get all the way back into the play to impact the catch point. Elam is in the middle of another competition for the cornerback no. 2 job with veteran Dane Jackson and second-year cornerback Christian Benford.

We quietly picked Patmon up off the Colts practice squad after the season.  He's 6'4", 225 lbs, and ran a 4.48s 40 in the 2020 combine.  It's interesting to wonder if he was the Colts version of Isaiah Hodgins (only faster) and if he can blossom given a chance. 

The bad news is that it doesn't seem as though he's ever played STs.  As we know, that's expected for the WR who are further down the depth chart with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills went from players doing informal practices on their own to players not showing up.

This is what happens when Bills fail to keep Davis Webb.

In case you do not know he was with Giants last year being escalated for some games and now he is QB coach for Broncos.

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Eh. I’d rather have them not show up now instead of not showing up in the playoffs (which has become somewhat of the norm). 

Is Allen still wearing the plays on a wristband? When do we take the training wheels off this guy? Year 10? Dude needs to study the playbook. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Is Allen still wearing the plays on a wristband? When do we take the training wheels off this guy? Year 10? Dude needs to study the playbook. 

I bet Hollywood is wearing a designer wristband

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.