Phase 3 OTA’s start today

17 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Agree with Joe, guys to watch, Brown, Kaiir, Kincaid, Williams and our new guards.  Going to be quite the battle in the WR category, we will get at least on WR poached of our practice squad this year.

Agree on the guys to watch, but not sure I see a WR getting poached..  Maybe Shavers for his ST's ability?

I can't see us keeping 7, and I think 4 are locks:  Diggs-Davis-Shakir-Harty.  With Sherfield at about 90% and Shorter at 80% making the 53. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agree on the guys to watch, but not sure I see a WR getting poached..  Maybe Shavers for his ST's ability?

I can't see us keeping 7, and I think 4 are locks:  Diggs-Davis-Shakir-Harty.  With Sherfield at about 90% and Shorter at 80% making the 53. 

Sherfield is 100% making the team because he can play 2 positions. Special teams and depth WR. Shorter has to prove that but I think he’ll make it on draft position. Diggs, Davis, Harty, Shakir, Sherfield, and Shorter. Those 6 are locks. I think that’s all they keep.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Can't believe Josh Allen still has to wear the wrist band with plays on it...what is this? JV? He's obviously spending too much time on the golf course and not enough time learning the playbook.

Yeah, Brady too.  Brady would have been really good it only he could have remembered that stuff without the needing the wrist band. 

My understanding is that the wrist band doesn't have plays on it; it has formations.  I think it's a cheat sheet that tells the QB what formation to put the team in depending on what play has been called.   Maybe somebody here knows more about what information is on the wrist band.  

• Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, Brady too.  Brady would have been really good it only he could have remembered that stuff without the needing the wrist band. 

My understanding is that the wrist band doesn't have plays on it; it has formations.  I think it's a cheat sheet that tells the QB what formation to put the team in depending on what play has been called.   Maybe somebody here knows more about what information is on the wrist band.  

I think it just has funny relevant memes on it to lift the QB's spirit.

Edited by Prospector
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I agree with this- but I think Sherfield will 💯 make the team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Only reason I didn't go 100% lock for Sherfield is because he's on a one year deal.   

Shorter is on a rookie deal and they signed Shavers to a 3 year UDFA deal.  If for some reason, Sherfield underwhelmed and both Shorter and Shavers impressed, I could see a small 10% chance Sherfield is a surprise cut.. but agree, I think he's pretty close to a lock.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not sure what phase 3 means, but it starts today. Rejoice.

Pretty good explanation here.  Basically Phase 1 is conditioning, no coaches allowed on the field, and meetings with position coaches. 

Phase 2 is walk-throughs and individual/group drills with position coaches.

Phase 3 allows 7-on-7, 7-on-9, and 11-on-11 drills, no contact.  So it starts to look (but not feel) like football.

50 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Is it mandatory?

No.  Mandatory minicamp is mid-June.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Given his proven on field special teams abilities and proven pass catching in NFL games, I think Sherfield is a very good chance.

I hope everyone is correct about Harty and he makes the team and makes everyone say "Isaiah McWho?"

If I read OTC correctly, the Bills owe him $4.75M fully guaranteed.

Harty played in 4 games last season, missing most of last season with a turf toe injury.

He's had persistent hamstring injuries in previous seasons.

Last season, the Bills signed TE OJ Howard for $3.5M ($3.195M fully guaranteed).  He was cut before the season after struggling in camp.

In 2018, the Bills traded a late rounder for former Browns 1st round pick Corey Coleman, due $2.96M guaranteed (he was cut before the season after struggling in camp)

I'm concerned that Harty may be Beane's 2023 version of OJ Howard or Corey Coleman.

Time will tell.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Is it mandatory?

No, it's Mandalorian😎

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The media has access each Tuesday for the next three weeks so we'll get some reports. For Athletic subscribers Joe Buscaglia has a good breakdown of the storylines to watch:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.