Madden Sims

akcash

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don’t think that’s an indictment because people like college football lol

i still have and play both occasionally  … NCAA 14 is a great game and dynasty mode is amazing ..  it gives me a college fix occasionally 

I meant an indictment on the current Madden game when it comes to playability/fun. NCAA14 still has a PC community with updated rosters. It seems that at some point EA made the conscious decision to make the game "look real" at any cost. It's almost as if NCAA programmed players independently and gave you enormous freedom of movement but the cost was a few glitches where the physics didn't make sense (i.e. you leap at a pile at full speed and get stood straight up). Now the current gen focuses mostly on the player interactions, and you're not allowed to select any player and move them anywhere (i.e. moving Von to either side of the C for a stacked FG block attempt. 

There's a laundry list of complaints like the current Madden won't allow you to move DL away from the LOS on defense preplay. Or be any player for blocking (on pass plays).  When you're a runner, you get sucked into other players for contact interactions. QBs are magnetized to the backfield and its a struggle to scramble even with a QB Allen. And not being able to co-op franchise mode was criminal. 

What's funny is that back in the day, NCAA and Madden usually had the same development team and they used to fix issues they found in post production NCAA in early July by the time Madden came out in mid-August. But having the same set of eyes on it might have been what caused it to become complacent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, benderbender said:

I meant an indictment on the current Madden game when it comes to playability/fun. NCAA14 still has a PC community with updated rosters. It seems that at some point EA made the conscious decision to make the game "look real" at any cost. It's almost as if NCAA programmed players independently and gave you enormous freedom of movement but the cost was a few glitches where the physics didn't make sense (i.e. you leap at a pile at full speed and get stood straight up). Now the current gen focuses mostly on the player interactions, and you're not allowed to select any player and move them anywhere (i.e. moving Von to either side of the C for a stacked FG block attempt. 

There's a laundry list of complaints like the current Madden won't allow you to move DL away from the LOS on defense preplay. Or be any player for blocking (on pass plays).  When you're a runner, you get sucked into other players for contact interactions. QBs are magnetized to the backfield and its a struggle to scramble even with a QB Allen. And not being able to co-op franchise mode was criminal. 

What's funny is that back in the day, NCAA and Madden usually had the same development team and they used to fix issues they found in post production NCAA in early July by the time Madden came out in mid-August. But having the same set of eyes on it might have been what caused it to become complacent. 

I’ve played every ncaa and madden and I still find madden fun

i never thought a football game would look how it did in 1999… im not complaining 

im literally 9-0 online with the bills and josh Allen is Superman lol I can do anything…. And there is online franchise 

I have 1 with 8 friends 

Edited by Buffalo716

17 hours ago, mrags said:

Maybe I can get you to eat more crayons. The color blue is all gone. But there’s plenty of yellow and green ones 

Will they make me as smart as you so I can claim simple minded opinions have been proven correct by Madden simulations?

18 hours ago, Garzapolous said:

Akcash I remember playing madden against u bills on bills back in 07 08 when I was actually good now people just cash app each other online haven’t played in years 

Yeah same. I haven't played since my 360 died ha. I remember too! That was a fun league we had.

On 5/21/2023 at 8:47 PM, akcash said:

Some things I liked about it.

-Has McGovern and Torrence in and both do good as expected in pass pro. Allen is sitting in the pocket a lot which I strongly feel is going to be the case this season.

-Lot of 2 TE sets with Kincaid and Knox. 

-when we got 3 wide slot of Harty.

-Allen has tough game which I feel is realistic with Fangio.

-Has a lot of Bills focus on run game.

-Low scoring tough defensive game.

-Von in, good rotation on dline.

-Dorian William's at MLB. Highlights his speed and physicality on some plays.

Great sim! Worth a watch!

Allen decimated Fangio’s D the last time they played. Not sure it will be any different next time.

27 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Will they make me as smart as you so I can claim simple minded opinions have been proven correct by Madden simulations?

No but maybe Tecmo Bowl simulations is more your style. 8 bit Nintendo graphics. I’m giving you credit because I barely think your opinions are as good as pong on Atari 

8 hours ago, benderbender said:

Dude…NCAA 14 is a great game.  Boy.  Good memories.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’ve played every ncaa and madden and I still find madden fun

i never thought a football game would look how it did in 1999… im not complaining 

im literally 9-0 online with the bills and josh Allen is Superman lol I can do anything…. And there is online franchise 

I have 1 with 8 friends 

it’s flawed and I wish there were competition and I am worried they may never be able to figure out the same problems they have from year to year, but with that said…honestly, I find fun and enjoyable.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Dude…NCAA 14 is a great game.  Boy.  Good memories.

it’s flawed and I wish there were competitions db I am worried they may never be able to figure out the same problems they have from year to year, but with that said…honestly, I find fun and enjoyable.

There’s flaws in every game ….

nhl , call of duty , Fortnite 

so it doesn’t bother me because it’s came 10000x…. Plug in madden 06 and the gameplay has came light years 

• Agree 1

On 5/22/2023 at 8:35 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I have been playing Madden since the very first console Madden on SNES, so I have seen the entire fall of the franchise.

I follow the YouTuber Ryan Moody and he eviscerates them and has many, many examples as to how the animation-based gameplay has ruined the game, not to mentioned the MUT microtransactions. They have ruined Madden, NHL, NBA, FIFA, and now they are working on destroying F1 which they just bought.

My first madden was madden 95 or 96 on pc... they had like an academy, where madden taught you different football fundamentals, like cover 3 vs cover 2.

I used to play online a ton on madden 2007 for ps2... it's so sluggish now and the angles are all weird and defense is basically impossible, where in madden 07 you could shift your team, dictate a coverage and play defense with any player, and bait people into throwing to a hot route...they really just need to scrap the whole game and start from fresh code imo... like build an in home physics based engine and I'm hoping they've been working on that with a small team over the last few years...I want to get into madden again so bad, it just needs better online head to head play and offline franchise mode.

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

so it doesn’t bother me because it’s came 10000x…. Plug in madden 06 and the gameplay has came light years 

It has come 10000x, but in what direction? 

• Simon changed the title to Madden Sims
On 5/23/2023 at 6:26 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Ugh, graphics maybe (and practice squad is great for Franchise) but Madden 06 was one the of the best Maddens 🙂

On 5/24/2023 at 11:41 AM, Bigvinny said:

Watching Jets opener Sim. Jordan Phillips gets hurt the 3rd play of the game.

Sim loves Gabe Davis, hates James Cook.

For whatever reason, Madden 24 has him as either 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.  I saw the creator of the video answer that question in the "Raiders vs Bills" sim.

2 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Ugh, graphics maybe (and practice squad is great for Franchise) but Madden 06 was one the of the best Maddens 🙂

Wide receivers Couldn’t win jump ball battles really… The three button catching system with RAC catch , aggressive catch and possession catch is 100x better than what that madden had 

the QB vision sucked in 06 that got scrapped 

Nostalgia wise great game… Definitely not better than what they’re putting out

As a long time Madden player myself, I'd have to say that in my opinion, two things are simultaneously true:

1.) The lack of meaningful competition has led to complacency from the game's creators, and it should inarguably be much further along that it is currently. From the physics of the gameplay itself, to the graphics, to the franchise mode, to the pre and post game presentation. It should all be better, but because of a lack of competition, there's not much impetus for the game's creators to try very hard.

2.) It is still leaps and bounds above most of what came before it, and it's still pretty damned impressive in its own right. Football is such a complex game, with so many moving parts, so many collisions, so many peculiarities of physics, that it's hard to think any football video game will ever be completely without flaws. Nitpicking and ripping Madden apart has become an Olympic level sport in and of itself. Taking a step back and appreciating what it IS, rather than focusing on what it LACKS, one sees that it's certainly not as bad as many of its worst detractors like to claim.

All in all, it's a mostly pretty fun and enjoyable game. It SHOULD be better, but it isn't. It's the only NFL representation in video game form that we have, and I'd rather play a football game than play no football game at all. I'd rather there was competition, but there isn't, and there's no use crying over things over which I have no control.

And with all that said....All Pro Football 2K8 is my favorite football game of the past 20 years. What a blast that game was. I wish the series had continued.

Edited by Logic

15 minutes ago, Lost said:

Madden '95 is still the best version ever and I'll fight anyone who disagrees with me 🥊

'94 had the two player hb pitch glitch.

Player two would select the hb and just run straight up the field, the QB would pitch the ball to no one and would end up 20 yards down the field with the hb.

As a kid I showed that to everyone that I could because I thought I was cool. 😆

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Wide receivers Couldn’t win jump ball battles really… The three button catching system with RAC catch , aggressive catch and possession catch is 100x better than what that madden had 

the QB vision sucked in 06 that got scrapped 

Nostalgia wise great game… Definitely not better than what they’re putting out

4 hours ago, Logic said:

As a long time Madden player myself, I'd have to say that in my opinion, two things are simultaneously true:

1.) The lack of meaningful competition has led to complacency from the game's creators, and it should inarguably be much further along that it is currently. From the physics of the gameplay itself, to the graphics, to the franchise mode, to the pre and post game presentation. It should all be better, but because of a lack of competition, there's not much impetus for the game's creators to try very hard.

2.) It is still leaps and bounds above most of what came before it, and it's still pretty damned impressive in its own right. Football is such a complex game, with so many moving parts, so many collisions, so many peculiarities of physics, that it's hard to think any football video game will ever be completely without flaws. Nitpicking and ripping Madden apart has become an Olympic level sport in and of itself. Taking a step back and appreciating what it IS, rather than focusing on what it LACKS, one sees that it's certainly not as bad as many of its worst detractors like to claim.

All in all, it's a mostly pretty fun and enjoyable game. It SHOULD be better, but it isn't. It's the only NFL representation in video game form that we have, and I'd rather play a football game than play no football game at all. I'd rather there was competition, but there isn't, and there's no use crying over things over which I have no control.

And with all that said....All Pro Football 2K8 is my favorite football game of the past 20 years. What a blast that game was. I wish the series had continued.

I dont know, Ive tried to get into all of the new Maddens each year and I can't. Its like I get mad at the new Franchise modes. I played 06 for almost 10 years. 

I havnt played it in awhile, I need to give it a go again and then play some 23 and give it a fair shake.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.