Madden Sims

akcash

Some things I liked about it.

-Has McGovern and Torrence in and both do good as expected in pass pro. Allen is sitting in the pocket a lot which I strongly feel is going to be the case this season.

-Lot of 2 TE sets with Kincaid and Knox. 

-when we got 3 wide slot of Harty.

-Allen has tough game which I feel is realistic with Fangio.

-Has a lot of Bills focus on run game.

-Low scoring tough defensive game.

-Von in, good rotation on dline.

-Dorian William's at MLB. Highlights his speed and physicality on some plays.

Great sim! Worth a watch!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let me first say that I haven’t seen football video game graphics in a minute and WOW. Besides the scoreboard only showing a charging bill logo, put the brightness low and squint ever so slightly and it’s pretty believable… besides them having Milano being black.

But damn.

Who was simulating this for the Bills? Dick Jauron calling plays and a 4-year-old with the controller? Suddenly remembered we have Steph Diggs with 1 minute left to play.

Edited by UConn James

17 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Let me first say that I haven’t seen football video game graphics in a minute and WOW. Besides the scoreboard only showing a charging bill logo, put the brightness low and squint ever so slightly and it’s pretty believable… besides them having Milano being black.

But damn.

Who was simulating this? Dick Jauron calling plays and a 4-year-old with the controller? Suddenly remembered we have Steph Diggs with 1 minute left to play.

Yeah the graphics are pretty amazing now. They’ve come a long way from Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo. 

43 minutes ago, UConn James said:

But damn.

Who was simulating this? Dick Jauron calling plays and a 4-year-old with the controller? Suddenly remembered we have Steph Diggs with 1 minute left to play.

25 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah the graphics are pretty amazing now. They’ve come a long way from Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo. 

I understand the comparison of graphics in this game vs the games that came out, let's just say a long time ago, but compared to games that have an actual story and world built into them, EA basically does the bare minimum too pump out sports games.

They have probably the top 40-50 players get the "we will actually try to make it look like you" treatment but everyone else is going to end up "close enough" while they advertise their new game mechanic that is pointless.

• Agree 5

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I understand the comparison of graphics in this game vs the games that came out, let's just say a long time ago, but compared to games that have an actual story and world built into them, EA basically does the bare minimum too pump out sports games.

They have probably the top 40-50 players get the "we will actually try to make it look like you" treatment but everyone else is going to end up "close enough" while they advertise their new game mechanic that is pointless.

You aren’t wrong on that. But they don’t care about the graphics of a few players faces etc. it’s not what kids want nowadays. They want Hess to head online play. They want lots of mechanic options. Madden/EA has announced they are hiring world class gamers to help fix the madden platform this year and if it doesn’t work you may not see it anymore. My guess is you’ll get yearly updates on roster changes but on older games/platforms. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mrags said:

You aren’t wrong on that. But they don’t care about the graphics of a few players faces etc. it’s not what kids want nowadays. They want Hess to head online play. They want lots of mechanic options. Madden/EA has announced they are hiring world class gamers to help fix the madden platform this year and if it doesn’t work you may not see it anymore. My guess is you’ll get yearly updates on roster changes but on older games/platforms. 

You forgot Franchise Mode and the save debacle from earlier this season, which led to EA having to give Madden 24 away to gamers impacted at 50% off.

They have no choice but to FINALLY do something now... their exclusivity is up in 2026, and it's about that deadline, not about anything else!!!

51 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

You forgot Franchise Mode and the save debacle from earlier this season, which led to EA having to give Madden 24 away to gamers impacted at 50% off.

They have no choice but to FINALLY do something now... their exclusivity is up in 2026, and it's about that deadline, not about anything else!!!

Seeing what's happened to Madden is so sad...I wasn't aware they've said they were legit going to try and fix the platform...going to do some digging there, but they've said that in the past too and then just added some feature that used to be in the game years ago back in.

Like they need to unwind whatever crap happened when they switched to Xbox 360/ps3... it largely broke when they switched to that version of next gen, but then the damn ultimate team microtransaction bs started and the dev focus shifted on that and they couldn't spend enough time fixing the game...plus the decision to go to animation based game play instead of genuine physics based...

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

I watched that whole thing. Man I would be disappointed watching that game in real life. 

it’s about what I expected out of Harty tho. A few bad returns and 1 catch all game. 

You’re halfway home.  Now get a Madden sim where McKenzie has a good game and you’ll be fully vindicated.  Maybe you can even write your congressman and get Beane fired.

12 hours ago, akcash said:

Some things I liked about it.

-Has McGovern and Torrence in and both do good as expected in pass pro. Allen is sitting in the pocket a lot which I strongly feel is going to be the case this season.

-Lot of 2 TE sets with Kincaid and Knox. 

-when we got 3 wide slot of Harty.

-Allen has tough game which I feel is realistic with Fangio.

-Has a lot of Bills focus on run game.

-Low scoring tough defensive game.

-Von in, good rotation on dline.

-Dorian William's at MLB. Highlights his speed and physicality on some plays.

Great sim! Worth a watch!

akcash, was that part of a Madden roster update or did you download a roster that someone did on Madden?  If downloaded, which one was it?

Thank you in advance. 

10 hours ago, UConn James said:

The weird, stiff undershirts poking out in the back are a bit strange.

9 hours ago, mrags said:

They’ve said that though for the last five maddens.  I’ll believe it when I see it.  They want nothing more than people to play ultimate because that what gets them to spend money.   

I see what kids spend hundreds on fortnight and ea would love to have their model. watch them go to a free to play online version only, with micro transactions for legends and all Star players and different uniform options.  

That play calling would've gotten Dorsey fired at halftime.

We morph into a running team, but James Cook doesn't get a single touch? I highly doubt we ever feature Hines like that in a real game.

Our pass rush at times seemed oddly familiar at times, with nobody getting within 5 yards of Tua.

I LOL'd at Jordan Phillips getting injured & holding his shoulder while his arm dangles loose. At least one of the game designers watched Bills games last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.