Your Favorite Type of Cheese

T&C

Depends on the method/means of consumption.

On a burger? Sharp white cheddar.

On nachos? Medium cheddar and jack cheese blend.

On a sub? Provolone.

On its own, in a big glob in the middle of the plate? Burrata.

To be eaten with fancy accoutrements, like the King of France? Humboldt Fog goat cheese or melty brie.

I like cheese.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Halloumi - Sliced about a quarter inch thick and put on the grill.

Smoked Gouda would be next

Grilled Halloumi is so, so good. Like...impossibly good. 

Too many people don't know. 

• Agree 1

For many applications (quiches, sandwiches, cheeseburgers, some pasta), I like Gruyère. As Wikipedia says: "It is considered a good cheese for baking, because of its distinctive but not overpowering taste. For example in quiche, Gruyère adds savoriness without overshadowing the other ingredients." Most of the better supermarket chains offer it (Wegman's when we lived in Rochester, United/Market Street here in Lubbock).

23 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Limburger cheese if I have right food to accompany it otherwise Jarlsberg. 

I used to buy a wheel of Jarlsberg cheese when in college.

Back in the 50's putting a block of limburger cheese on the engine block of a newly married couple seemed like a thing... my parents had it happen to them lol. 2 miles down the road and holy what the...

14 minutes ago, T&C said:

Back in the 50's putting a block of limburger cheese on the engine block of a newly married couple seemed like a thing... my parents had it happen to them lol. 2 miles down the road and holy what the...

I could see it being a getting married prank but if the couple had rented outfits they might not get their security deposit.

I'm a cheese enthusiast.  Agree w/ Logic's post - favorite really depends on where & how it's being used.

On its own, I love Brie, or really any runny sort of cheese. Great w/ roasted garlic.

Goat cheese or feta on pasta or salads.  Cheddar on burgers (though good ol' American works there too).  Gouda gets some consideration here, as well.

9 minutes ago, T&C said:

J.H. Christ... That's a hell of a thing to do! LoL... But love the symbolism!

Kids got it rough today,  they'd get all the way to New Mexico in their EV before the marriage thing starts stinkin'! 

Nothing like a good old-fashioned wedding hazing ala the Polish-American "czepina." 

1 minute ago, Success said:

I'm a cheese enthusiast.

So you're all in on the fomunda? 😉😜 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.