Favorite quotes from your favorite stand ups

Royale with Cheese

One that I have quoted for years and still quote to this day:

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is an a s s hole?" 

- George Carlin

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

One that I have quoted for years and still quote to this day:

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is an a s s hole?" 

- George Carlin

George Carlin was great. 

• Haha (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami. Some one needs to tell the turkey, 'man, just be yourself.'

Mitch Hedberg rip 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

A ton of Rodney Dangerfield jokes.

"I tell ya, I don't get no respect.

When I was a kid, my parents took me to the beach.

We got separated.

I found a cop to help me find them.

After a bit, I asked him. Do you think we'll ever find them?

He said, I don't know. 

There's so many places they could be hiding."

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

“You know, with Hitler, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don’t care for him.”

- Norm MacDonald 

“I was talking with Patton Oswalt about this whole Bill Cosby thing and he said ‘the worst part about this is the hypocrisy.’ And I disagree. I think the worst part is the rape.”

-Norm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

My favorite David Letterman joke was when he hosted the oscars and said: One of the films nominated for best foreign film is "Eat Drink Man Woman." Coincidentally, as I understand it, this is how Arnold Schwarzenegger asked Maria Shriver out on their first date.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

7 hours ago, WhoTom said:

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

"The main reason santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live."

"Tell people that there’s an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."

"Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things."

-George Carlin

• Like (+1) 1

Jesus' Wife: "And where have YOU been for the past three days, Mr. Winemaker?"

Jesus Christ: "It's okay, I'll tell you… Not that's important or anything, but I was DEAD!!! I'M IN A *****IN' GRAVE OUTSIDE OF TOWN! I'M FIGHTIN' DEATH, HELL, DECOMPOSURE! I'M CHANGIN' SPIRITUAL FORM, ABOUT TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD, AND I GO "WAIT A SECOND! I GOTTA GO BACK BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN!"“

—  Sam Kinison

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, sherpa said:

A ton of Rodney Dangerfield jokes.

"I tell ya, I don't get no respect.

When I was a kid, my parents took me to the beach.

We got separated.

I found a cop to help me find them.

After a bit, I asked him. Do you think we'll ever find them?

He said, I don't know. 

There's so many places they could be hiding."

Rodney was an absolute joke machine. He’d do his monologue on Carson and then sit down and rip off a dozen more jokes for good measure. 

“My wife’s cooking is so bad, the flies out back pitched in to have the screen door fixed.” 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Rodney was an absolute joke machine. He’d do his monologue on Carson and then sit down and rip off a dozen more jokes for good measure. 

“My wife’s cooking is so bad, the flies out back pitched in to have the screen door fixed.” 

When I was a kid I asked my Dad if I could skate on the frozen pond.

He told me to wait till it warms up.

When I was a baby my mother wouldn't breast feed me.

She told me, I like you, but just as a friend.

When I was born, the doctor told my mother.

We did all we could, but he still pulled through.

Edited by sherpa
  • Haha (+1) 1

I saw "Richard Pryor Live in Concert" on late-night TV as a kid, possibly the best stand-up film ever made, and the bit about his pet monkeys dying and the neighbor dog wanting to eat them always stuck with me :

"And there was a dog that used to live next door to us, a German Shepherd, right, big, ugly, mean German Shepherd. He would bite anything. And he jumped the fence and came over there, and I felt something moving my hand like that and it was him, I was gonna pet him. He looked at me and he said, what’s the matter, Rich. I said, my monkeys died. He said, what? Your monkeys died? Ain’t that a B word. You mean the two monkeys used to be in the trees, they died? I said, yeah, they died. He said, *****. I was gonna eat them, too. He said, don’t linger on that ***** too long, you know, it ***** with you. I said, I’ll try. Yeah, you take care. Then he went back and jumped over the fence. And just before he jumped, he looked back at me, he said, now, you know I’m gonna be chasing you again tomorrow. Yeah."

https://scrapsfromtheloft.com/comedy/richard-pryor-live-concert-1979-full-transcript/

On 5/18/2023 at 2:50 PM, Golden*Wheels said:

I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami. Some one needs to tell the turkey, 'man, just be yourself.'

On 5/18/2023 at 3:14 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Mitch Hedberg rip 

23 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Is a hippopotamus…..

a HIP - opotamus 

or…. Just a really cool opotamus 

“I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut; I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I'll just give you the money, and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I just can't imagine a scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.