Who does Terry Pegula turn to for counsel when it comes to evaluating Beane & McDermott?

Nephilim17

23 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

One game, in nine, and a divisional game?  Against a team with hardly any offensive talent?  

How about the one before it or after it?  

It's hard to take an argument seriously when someone uses an exception to formulate a position.  

The Ravens averaged 29.3 points per game which was 6th in the league.  

The Colts team averaged 28.2 points per game which was 8th in the league.

26 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

One game, in nine, and a divisional game?  Against a team with hardly any offensive talent?  

How about the one before it or after it?  

It's hard to take an argument seriously when someone uses an exception to formulate a position.  

Oh oh that one just doesn’t count. Lmao.

Sorry my mistake. I thought it was a great gameplan against a playoff team to get us to the first AFCCG in like 2 decades. But hey, not really a big game, not really a great gameplan (because that team had no offensive talent even though they made the divisional round and whipped the Titans the week before with 400 yards of offense).

I’ll be more careful to bend reality to my “McD always sucks in the playoffs” narrative.

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sorry my mistake. I thought it was a great gameplan against a playoff team to get us to the first AFCCG in like 2 decades. But hey, not really a big game, not really a great gameplan (because that team had no offensive talent even though they made the divisional round and whipped the Titans the week before with 400 yards of offense).

I’ll be more careful to bend reality to my “McD always sucks in the playoffs” narrative.

We'll, you're right, the fact that he didn't do anything in 80% of our games, while giving away the most important ones means he's very good.

How could I have been so blind.  

:rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Ravens averaged 29.3 points per game which was 6th in the league.  

The Colts team averaged 28.2 points per game which was 8th in the league.

The Colts posted their best offensive game of the season against us.

Obviously a phenominal defensive coaching effort.  I mean what else can one expect from a coach but to game plan to allow opponents to post season bests against us, in the playoffs.  

472 yards

What am I thinking.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

We'll, you're right, the fact that he didn't do anything in 80% of our games, while giving away the most important ones means he's very good.

Obviously a phenominal defensive coaching effort.  I mean what else can one expect from a coach but to game plan to allow opponents to post season bests against us, in the playoffs.  

472 yards

What am I thinking.  

They scored 24 points....below their season average.  So it's obvious that yards are more important than points to you.

Because on the season, the Colts scored above 24 points 9 times.  They scored above 30, 6 of those times.  40, once.

24 points a game average was 19th in rankings that year.  A below average scoring game was their best offensive game??

24 points = PHENOMENAL offensive out put.

Yards > Points - PBF81

48 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We held the Ravens to 3 points when when they averaged 29 points a game.

But since it's a positive about the Bills....the Ravens didn't have offensive talent lol.  He literally said that.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

472 yards

What am I thinking.  

Lol in the playoffs every game is important. Because if you lose, you don’t keep going.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They scored 24 points....below their season average.  So it's obvious to you that yards are more important than points.

Because on the season, the Colts scored above 24 points 9 times.  They scored above 30, 6 of those times.  40, twice.

Yards > Points - PBF81

But since it's a positive about the Bills....the Ravens didn't have offensive talent lol.  He literally said that.

The Ravens game wasn’t important bro. It wouldn’t have mattered if we won or lost. We went to the AFCCG either way.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Lol in the playoffs every game is important. Because if you lose, you don’t keep going.

The Ravens game wasn’t important bro. It wouldn’t have mattered if we won or lost. We went to the AFCCG either way.

I think he was referring to the Ravens playoff game in the 2020 season.  He and I were discussing playoffs.  

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They scored 24 points....below their season average.  So it's obvious that yards are more important than points to you.

Because on the season, the Colts scored above 24 points 9 times.  They scored above 30, 6 of those times.  40, once.

24 points a game average was 19th in rankings that year.  A below average scoring game was their best offensive game??

Yards > Points - PBF81

You're right.  I'm starting to see this more clearly now.  

I've set the bar too high for our #1/#2 Defenses.  I'll go ahead and readjust it to allow for season high performances from our opponents as being solid performances.  

I'm sure that'll help me view things more realistically then.  

Appreciate the insights.  

34 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I think he was referring to the Ravens playoff game in the 2020 season.  He and I were discussing playoffs.  

You're right.  I'm starting to see this more clearly now.  

I've set the bar too high for our #1/#2 Defenses.  I'll go ahead and readjust it to allow for season high performances from our opponents as being solid performances.  

I'm sure that'll help me view things more realistically then.  

Appreciate the insights.  

Thank you for validating my point that you believe points are less important than total yards.  

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Thank you for validating my point that you believe points are less important than total yards.  

You seem to take these simple discussions incredibly seriously.  

Have a great weekend Quarter Pounder with Cheese.  

On 5/17/2023 at 9:14 PM, Nephilim17 said:

When the team is doing well and/or exceeding general expectations, as it has done the past few years, minus, probably, last season, this question is kind of moot.

But if and when the team is not meeting expectations or things get complicated, is there anyone in Pegula's circle of friends or trusted business associates (at arm's length from Bills operations) who he can turn to for advice and counsel on questions related to extensions, evaluations, or possible firings?

I'm not trying to be negative; I hope McBean lead us to multiple championships... but if things don't go as well as we hope — and with an elite QB things should mean serious contention for a Super Bowl — is Terry on his own or who advises him? 

Perhaps Nyheim Hines…

On 5/18/2023 at 12:14 AM, Nephilim17 said:

When the team is doing well and/or exceeding general expectations, as it has done the past few years, minus, probably, last season, this question is kind of moot.

But if and when the team is not meeting expectations or things get complicated, is there anyone in Pegula's circle of friends or trusted business associates (at arm's length from Bills operations) who he can turn to for advice and counsel on questions related to extensions, evaluations, or possible firings?

I'm not trying to be negative; I hope McBean lead us to multiple championships... but if things don't go as well as we hope — and with an elite QB things should mean serious contention for a Super Bowl — is Terry on his own or who advises him? 

Pegula seems, obviously, like a sharp businessman, but he doesn't strike me as a football expert. Maybe I'm wrong but I expect him to turn to someone if and when he needs to make tough decisions.

It's called his WALLET!! If he's making money and has a team that's consistently in the SB race, I don't see him making any changes. If he's about having that trophy in his showcase then that's another story 

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

My understanding is that he turns to his dog...

Which explains a lot of things.

Probably should have consulted the cat instead.  

... and I'm a dog person.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.