“Legends” awarded F&B contract for the new stadium

LabattBlue

I worked with a lot of the Legends leadership when I was in sports (Toman, Ondrejko, Estis). They are some of smartest sports business minds in the world. As an aside, my cousin’s husband was offered the opportunity to be the point person for Legends on the Bills stadium deal. He could not commit to that and turned it down. At any rate, the Bills are working with the best of the best. Legends is in a league of their own. 

• Like (+1) 4

Highmark Stadium F&B concessions have been absolute shite for many years. It is definitely not a treat to enter the stadium hungry and/or thirsty. So much of Bills tailgate culture is designed, in part, to copiously enjoy GOOD food and beverages before passing through the gates and into that captive culinary environment. 

Nevertheless, I'm there each week, buying something-or-other.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/17/2023 at 6:49 AM, WotAGuy said:

Yum, ground animal parts in condoms rolling on steaming hot rollers, with gallons of nacho cheese paint as a topping nearby. 

On 5/17/2023 at 9:13 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

This is the answer right here. Overpriced, garbage concession price gouging should be illegal. Unfortunately, just about every stadium/arena/airport does it. 

It's a given that the food and beverages are going to be expensive. That doesn't mean they have to suck though.

On 5/17/2023 at 10:21 AM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Thanks for the link. Too bad they don't mention which companies have the F&B contracts.

On 5/17/2023 at 4:14 PM, boater said:

Stop spreading rumors unless you have a link.

On 5/17/2023 at 6:39 PM, Bermuda Triangle said:

https://www.loeb.com/en/people/r/raccuia-ryan

Would you like more links?

What's most interesting are the comments... very little pro-Buffalo shaming but lots of people commenting on how crappy the food is and has always been at Bills and Sabres games. Delaware North/Sportservice is not very popular and there's very little sympathy towards them losing the bid. I think their longtime ownership of the Boston Bruins is one factor... that and the fact they suck at what they do.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:54 AM, Mr. WEO said:

“We feel very confident in their knowledge of our fan base and what we’re trying to deliver“

so, bev staff selling tall cans of Bud Light and Labatts Blue out of large ice filled garbage cans at various points along the concourse!

No Lobstah bisque in the OP.   Boo hoo.

Edited by 4merper4mer

As someone who attended games when Rich Stadium opened, the concessions there  at that time were awful.. they had horrible looking hot dogs floating in a tub of water at the concession stand.. the beer was piis warm draft.. and just crappy popcorn.. not much else.. At that time each stand was run by individual groups , like a church.. all the workers at the stands were volunteers , so you cant blame them.., I cant remember the name of the concession group , but it wasnt Sportservice(later Delaware North) .. They came aboard years later.. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/21/2023 at 7:36 AM, LabattBlue said:

https://buffalonews.com/eedition/page-a01/page_82c13478-1b24-5f36-ad32-75afc8496e39.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

Using “cup n char pepperoni” doesn’t mean it will be good tasting pizza, but I guess it is a step in the right direction. 

I've had multiple "made" men at the W Ferry location openly poop all over the pizza sold at the stadium; there was at some point a schism within the family that has the national LaNova's brand selling out (which ships and licenses wings and pizza at a prolific-enough rate to allow for entirely above-board operations since a while back)...the old-timers do NOT enjoy seeing their brand's quality bastardized at the stadium while also price-gouging WNYers at the same time. The younger generation is not exactly concerned with quality. Say what you will about the generation still running the actual restaurants, at least he's there every day, actually concerned about his customers. Such a shame what Bills fans have had available to them inside the stadium for a LONG time.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2023 at 1:31 PM, Bermuda Triangle said:

I read that Raccuia's daughter is employed by Legends, while Hochul's husband works at Delaware North.

And Raccuia's son is an attorney at the firm which represented the Bills in the stadium lease negotiations

Did Delaware North just take the Bills & Sabres for granted, due it being a Buffalo-based company?  Look at the offerings for Kraken games, and compare that to the slop we get at New Era and KeyBank Center

On 5/17/2023 at 9:39 PM, Bermuda Triangle said:

https://www.loeb.com/en/people/r/raccuia-ryan

Would you like more links?

Hmm....

DN sucks, they are the lackluster crackheads that run a lot of the thruway stops too, they manage to make franchises horrible.  Can’t say I’m sad they are gone, nor surprised for that matter.  This stadium is going to require better amenities to make it profitable DN was awful for years and deserved the boot.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/17/2023 at 3:18 PM, I am leaving for good said:

None of the people involved are connected with economic reality of working class America today in my opinion. I am not just talking Buffalo either. The NFL really showed the cities of San Diego and St Louis fans whose boss? Notice San Diego and St Louis are good enough for MLS but not the NFL. Don’t ever let the NFL owners tell you our Buffalo isn’t good enough or a major league city it’s nonsense. Congratulations to San Diego Chargers fans this Thursday you get a San Diego MLS soccer team fingers crossed you will get San Diego State Aztecs football into the PAC 12 Conference. NFL owners that did that to our brother and sister NFL cities should be ashamed of themselves. Buffalo might be joining you in the distant future in MLS when Jerry Jones gets done taking money from Buffalo pushing the Buffalo Bills potentially out of the NFL when Jerry Jones and the other owners can’t suck anymore money out of Buffalo and New York State? The positive at least the new Bills stadium is built for soccer potentially if the Buffalo Bills vacate it in 15 years. Nothing really more to add than that I said my peace with the new Bills stadium, the NFL owners the market place will decide the new Bills stadium fate if it is a huge success or not in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You must not have heard that Jerry Jones is Immortal. At least he acts as though he is. 

On 5/18/2023 at 9:07 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I worked with a lot of the Legends leadership when I was in sports (Toman, Ondrejko, Estis). They are some of smartest sports business minds in the world. As an aside, my cousin’s husband was offered the opportunity to be the point person for Legends on the Bills stadium deal. He could not commit to that and turned it down. At any rate, the Bills are working with the best of the best. Legends is in a league of their own

I hope they are good. Today's news is Legends just purchased ADPRO from the Pegula's, furthering their influence on the Bills.

http://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/legends-expands-wny-presence-with-purchase-of-adpro-sports-from-pegula-family/article_8d618b94-27f7-11ee-b530-b3fb90df22f3.html

Pegula Sports and Entertainment confirmed Friday that the Pegula family, which was majority owner of ADPRO Sports, has sold the company to the consulting group Legends, which is already a major player in the future Buffalo Bills stadium – leading the sales of sponsorships and personal seat licenses.

Hmm... one might guess Legends is going to stick true to their formula and implement PSLs.

On 5/17/2023 at 11:08 AM, 17islongenough said:

Wish they would handle it like the Falcons and have everything reasonably priced

I have Saints season tickets, just moved to ATL and went to an Atlanta United game in the MB Dome a few weeks back, and was at the Pats-Bills game at Highmark in January. Saints is middle of the road fare, Atlanta United was truly good for stadium food and the food at the Bills game was inedible… seriously some of the worst food I’ve paid for in the last 20 years. I would have preferred to have eaten the stuff I bought from the cafeteria in high school to that disgusting 💩

5 hours ago, boater said:

I hope they are good. Today's news is Legends just purchased ADPRO from the Pegula's, furthering their influence on the Bills.

http://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/legends-expands-wny-presence-with-purchase-of-adpro-sports-from-pegula-family/article_8d618b94-27f7-11ee-b530-b3fb90df22f3.html

Hmm... one might guess Legends is going to stick true to their formula and implement PSLs.

That wouldn’t be a surprise would it? That has always been the plan. The surprise would be no PSLs.

On 5/17/2023 at 9:49 AM, WotAGuy said:

Yum, ground animal parts in condoms rolling on steaming hot rollers, with gallons of nacho cheese paint as a topping nearby. 

Americans thrive on this sort of stuff; the best part is when they wash it down with typical American big brewery swill...

And you wonder why they are all 45 pounds overweight and have tons of medical issues.

You are what you eat!

At least that's what they used to say.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.